Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF: Useing a assassin???????

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by jdoane87, Apr 27, 2005.

1. jdoane87

jdoane87 IncGamers Member

MF: Useing a assassin???????

The way i figure it, the moat trick would be perfect for an assassin, just hear me out, I know this takes some good stuff to work so dont come say... omg why do we have to have such godly stuff?? yea i know im just speaking hypothetically... Here we go:

Helm: (PT) Shako
    Ammy: +3 Traps (I also have a 39% MF ammy which i switch before kill)
    Armor: Enigma (Yeah i know)
    Weapon: Hoto (Yeah i know)
    Shield: Sanctuary (Resists covered here)
    Weapon(2): Gull (Ist or not, up to you, i have a 10% mf jewel in mine)
    Shield 2: Splendor (mf and +1 skills Eth+Lum)
    Gloves: Chance
    Ring: Nagel
    Belt: Goldwrap
    Ring: Nagel
    Boots: WarTravs

Basically a trappsin you know the build... tele across moat, cast shadowmaster, lay traps, tele back, recast shadow, and continue til meph dies... (I use Rogue Merc with WF, Bramble, and Gaze)

This would work yes or no?

2. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

i have a buddy that uses a trapsin for mf but his main targets are non boss type. he use all the top gear options like enigma and few trap claws, and has nice trap dmg with the infinity on the merc, its becomes very nice mfing and it also nice to have the range of trapsin, and the traps you can bring monsters in to. and with the common trapsin build you have fire blast to use vs them random lighting immunes you will see.

the better targets for trapsin mfing would be areas like the pit, pindle, or any lvl 85 area where few limmues can spawn to slow the runs down but merc should take out anything you can not.

your trapsin will do well, but i think that you could do better with mfing using a act 2 merc. thay have aura that will help you and auras that can help both like def aura, hf aura and thay have many options for weapons to help trapsins mf, infinity witch will lower targets fire,cold,lightning resist by 85%, insight that helps regen mana ~800%.

hope this helps, gl

3. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

i am sure it would be a lot of fun...for the first 5 runs or so, than it would just get boring as any of the repetitive runs out there. (the ones where you only snipe down the boss, so basically end up doing the exact same thing several times. meph, pindle, countess etc.)
    so why have a very expensive char running meph, when you can run him in very-very cheap gear if you are using the moat trick anyhow? (with a sorceress that is) if you simply think it is "cool" to mf with an assasin, sure do it, but otherwise i dont see the point.
    to make a constructive comment too, you might consider using a rhyme shield. i think it gives 5 more mf than splendor and also the important cbf. personally i dont like running meph without it. or is cbf covered elsewhere in your gear and i failed to notice?
    I do agree with Singollo though. Mfing with an assasin might be more efficent in areas where she can take advantage of her splendid crowd control skills (cos, mb). i am not that sure about the act2 merc on the other hand. defiance you dont need, since you wont have high base def. blessed aim and might are not for trappers. hf is sorta' nice, that is what my assasin has too, but it is not insanely useful having the above mentioned crowd control skills already. especially not for mf runs where your silly merc is bound to go melee on the boss and die all the time unless he has some really good gear on. imho the rogue merc is a nice merc for the assasin (except for tigersins that is) especially if you can afford to gear you mentioned. i'd go for her.

4. jdoane87

thanks

thanks for the imput, im currently working on the assassin and il post what i find as i go on here if thats ok. as of right now she is lvl 15... another note: i play non ladder softcore so those runewords arent available, i wish they were though haha, and also 1 more thing, 2 pieces of the artic set (clvl 2!!!) give 40% mf, personally i like that for such a low lvl, allows you to obtain some maybe yellow items instead of the constant blue ones. i dunno maybe its just me, artic and sigons giveing a good amount of mf then nagels at lvl 7, im findin some good low lvl stuff for her to lvl alot faster since she isnt dieing as much....

/m *gabriel. USEast Softcore Non-ladder

5. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

I still don't understand why ppl need the moat trick to perform effective meph runs. I usually teleport in the middle of the scene, my merc tanks Meph, and then I stand still and keep on firing fire balls and meteors on Meph until he dies... The key ? Reaper's toll for merc :p When decrepified, Mephisto can't do any damage and he dies very quickly :lol: ! Of course, your need a good level merc with full (75) res. Mine is 93 with very basic gear (shaftstop and andy visage).

6. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

well, if you are running him with 3+ players, you need a really strong merc, so it doesn't suck up a bunch of rejuvs every time. Shaftshop definitely helps, mine is wearing a reaper's, a venom ward and a Crown of Thieves when i run meph and sometimes he has a hard time staying alive. (he is lev89 too). Though if you are running with a sorc you can safely kill him without a merc or the moat trick i agree, i just bump around him and throw orbs sometimes (blizzard would be even better) and he goes down pretty quickly.

7. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

I'm using AMNed Reaper's toll, upgraded shaftstop (1400+ def) UMed (so that my merc has 75 res all) and andariel's visage RALed (no fire res penalty anymore). Even in 8 players game, my merc can tank Meph without any problem :p maybe 1 rejuv from time to time if he gets hurt badly several times in a row, but no real big deal :thanks:

8. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

seeing what it cost you to build the asn and what she could do for you, I would say: do this for fun, and only for fun, and don't be too serious.

a few comments:

- use two best claws, and ditch the shield!!!

This will boost your dmg by a great margin! Since you can teleport, try to forget about run/walk, and try to use Fade most of the time. I had a HCL trapper, who solo'ed Hell with negative resists and poor gear. No shield even on switch.

- if you can affort, use an ali baba and a monarch socketed with 4 ISTs on wpn switch. Just before Meph is dead, switch to ali baba to add 100% MF + clvl% MF (where clvl is your asn's current level) = 190% if your asn is lvl 90.

- it's fine to use an act1 merc. I used her once in the past, leaving Shadow as my only tank. Only a handful monsters in Hell can really kill a level 32+ shadow. Even hell Meph, if no aura on his feet, can't kill this shadow. If you have such a strong shadow, you don't need the moat trick. Just cast your shadow on top of him, and throw traps for the kill.

- you could load full MF gear (including enigma, with 300-400% MF maybe) and totally forget about resists, and then do MF runs againt NM Meph/Diablo/Baal. It will take you much less pain and get much better stuff.

9. franzjosef

franzjosef IncGamers Member

*looks at equipment list* Oh, so that's what I've been doing wrong. I'm POOR! :rolleyes:

If I could afford that kind of equipment, I wouldn't be outfitting a trapper with it, I'd be making something big and hurty.

Let me tell you what us po' folks run on OUR LS Trappers:

PT Shako
    PT Skulders
    Near-perfect War Travs
    Twin Nagels, one perfect, one close
    Up'd Goldwrap
    35MF blue ammy
    Skull Collector (unsocketed currently)

That sure do add a bunch of MF and with careful play can solo most any Hell MF area. The emphasis word in that sentence is "careful." You don't solo WSK without a ton of LR (or you're ready to run like blazes when the first gloam's shot appears). You avoid any boss who pops LI/PhI with Stoneskin. You take things slowly and easily. So what if you don't have Enigma! If you don't have an Unsupported And/Or Frowned-Upon Program to help, you're running a huge risk TP'ing around the Durance looking for that staircase; and if you did, why are you wasting it on a trapper?

10. jdoane87

thanks again

well ive gotten her to lvl 67 so far with my friends rushing me and such.. so far ive gotten pretty good drops, my personal favorite being a 15% Light Damage Ormus with +3 to Chain Lightening (14%Fire,10%cold if u care) but other than that nothin special, i like going in anyas portal personally and laying down LS's as the (drawing a blank on their name)'s revive, its good exp and the drops are pretty good, i tend to do it with 2 friends, 1 a bone necro who is solely for defense (bonewall in front ofus ,he also bo's me with his cta) and a meteror sorc who just lays down meterors while shadow does the dirty work along with the LS's, we also managed to find a Stormshield but i let the barb have because im a good friend :thumbsup:

thats just an update, and oh yea this doesnt hav eto do with mf but we also got 1 ist 2 guls and 2 mals dropping from them, also gambleing with the gold we make does us quite well with constantly gambeling circlets coronets and amulets so we are doin well, thanks for everyones imput with this and i will keep yal posted, if anyone ever wants to join me doin this just message me and il mf with them, we can split or whatever i dont care, its all fun and games, dont take it too serious or it will take you over, peace everyone, keep it real

/w *gabriel. USEAST SOFTCORE NON-LADDER

11. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

My trapper uses:

Mage Enigma 15%Ed
    Kiras Guardian
    Weapon1: +3Traps Claw
    Weapon2: +3LS +1Sin Skillz Claw
    SwitchWeap: 2xIsted Alibaba
    SwitchShield: Rhyme
    Amulet: Crafted FCR Amulet
    Rings: 2xFCR Rings
    Belt: Arachnid's Mesh
    Gloves: Trang's Claws
    Boots: War Traveler

Total MF:
    86%(Enigma) + 146%(Alibaba) + 25%(Rhyme) + 45%(WarTraveler) + 35%(Gheeds) + ~50(SmallCharms) = 342%

Thinking of switching to Hoto+Spirit, then I can ditch those rings and gloves.

EDIT: Forgot about Mercenary.
    Infinity Ethereal CV
    Fortitude Dusk Shroud
    Ethereal Andariel's Visage (Empty Socket)

Built this char for fun and she turned out to be mfing for me. Much more interesting than a hammerdin.

12. jdoane87

oooo

Once again im non ladder but ok...

yesterday i mf'd a little just foolin around a i did about 30 meph/andy/duriel/pindle runs and here's what i found that i kept

1xSoj
    1xOrmus with 10cold/12fire/14light with +3FrostNova (Crapreally)
    1xFull Sigons set (now in my new foh pally which im building for pvp)
    1xIKArmor
    3xIK Gloves (God they got old)
    1xDracs
    1xSoulDrainers
    1xMavArmor
    2xMavGloves
    1xMavBow (hmm i may start a bowazon after pally)

Thats really all but it was nice finding a couple rare things in there, o well happy hunting everyone.... and once again thanks for all the imput everyones givin

13. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

your "thats really all" would be a fortune to some :)
    nice finds