Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF type sorc debate!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by JpM, Feb 5, 2004.

1. JpM

JpM IncGamers Member

MF type sorc debate!

Hi, here is "the" thread to debate on which build of sorc is the best for MF run
    heh thats pretty ambicious but whatever, we gotta get to know what is the truely best build to MF. Please everyone that tried any sorc build in 1.10 just answer we'll get to sometin nice, also only interesting reply. as of me im not high cant help too much.

2. JpM

JpM IncGamers Member

ok ok considering the boss as mf run , with their resist and all .. whats your opinion ;o?

3. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

It all depends on the MF run in question, and even the Boss in question. That being said, i'd have to say:

Meph - Blizzard, with Meteorb a very close second.
    Baal - Blizzard w/ Good tank, otherwise Meteorb/Chainorb
    Pit Runs - Chainorb...CL/Orb combo just rocks the Pit, hands down.
    Diablo/Chaos Sanct - Meteorb/Chainorb...you need a good dual tree sorc for this one. And Blizzies can't tely on their Mercs to take down CI's because of IM curse.
    Mausoleum - Chainorb/Meteorb
    Ancient Tunnels - Chainorb/Meteorb

etc etc...

Depending on the run, I'd say dual trees are best for Area runs and maybe Blizzard for Boss runs.

-X

4. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Few remarks;

- Meph; agreed

- Baal; For Blizzard sorc you NEED a Might merc with good weapon, good leech and Cannot be Frozen property on one of the items (For cold immunes, especially the second wave cold skeleton mages are nasty without Cannot be Frozen). Meteorb has no problem whatsoever.

- Pit; Meteorb does good also. Lightning sorcs have problems with those archers which are Lightning immune.

- Diablo; agreed

- Mausoleum and Ancient Tunnels both have single immunes, so a single tree sorc can do at least one of them. (I believe it was Lightning and Cold immunes, not sure)

And as for the fastest Boss killer, Blizzard with full synergies. The mighty power together with the way Cold Mastery works is just a true Boss killer (Remember, with this one you could even do Diablo Clone singlehandedly)

5. spellegren

spellegren IncGamers Member

Meteorb can take DClone solo as well. :D

6. JpM

JpM IncGamers Member

thx for the answers , i chose blizzard :)
    i simply need stats build now heh

7. JpM

JpM IncGamers Member

also this forum is ****ed i need to come back and press submit reply all the time cuz its sayin problems blablabla , ill have more details next time lol

8. JpM

JpM IncGamers Member

also this forum is ****ed i need to come back and press submit reply all the time cuz its sayin problems blablabla , ill have more details next time lol

-> There seems to have been a slight problem with the RpgForums.Net database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

9. Dark Tyrant

Dark Tyrant IncGamers Member

What about a pure lightning or pure fire sorc? Don't they excel anywhere?

10. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Meph - Both very good i think. I haven't got any experience with Pure Lightning sorc, but Meteor or Fire Ball does well against Meph

Baal - Doable. Lightning has best options, since I believe only the second wave of minions is Lightning Immune and they're not that hard for a good merc. Fire is a virtual no go, since Lister & Co are fire immune and VERY hard for your merc to defeat.

Diablo - At least 1/3 of the population of the Chaos Sanctuary is Lightning Immune so Pure Lightning is hard. Most of the creatures (knights) are fire immune so Pure Fire is even harder. As earlier stated, for this you need a dual tree sorc.

Pits - Has all immunities except Physicall Immune, so single tree sorc CAN do it, but it would just take more time then dual tree.

Mausoleum and Ancient Tunnels are either best done by Pure Fire. Pure Lightning can at least do 1 of them.