Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF Tricks

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Griffin, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Griffin

Griffin IncGamers Member

MF Tricks

I've heard about a lot of strategies for MFing, and was thinking we could compile them here for new MFers like myself. This may be stupid, but it's worth a try. The 2 I've heard about most are the "Moat Trick" with Meph and "Tele Baal". I'm not sure exactly what the Moat trick is, and I don't know Tele Baal either, although I'm guessing it has to do with Teleport. Could someone outline what these are, and maybe any other tricks I missed? Also, does anyone have any tips for actually getting to Meph? I can usually kill him when I get there, but those Undead Stygian Dolls keep getting me on the way. Anyone got any tips?

2. Si1enta5sa5sin

Si1enta5sa5sin IncGamers Member

moat trick is where you lure meph over to the moat and teleport across it. This causes him to get stuck on the little stairs going down into nothing, so you can kill him without getting in danger yourself

3. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

the tele baal just sounds to me like someone teleporting all the way to baal not killing on the way. the only other short cut to kiling baal is that you can lead his minions out of the room and the game counts them as dead. but if you try to lead too many groups out, you will run into the old groups and you might drag them back in and have to kill them. a lot of ppl don't need to do this, but its a option. its best used on the last group because once they leave the room, you don't have to kill any more groups and you can have them come back in, baal has already retreated. also: the last group is the hardest to kill. and horadrim ancients and carver shaman don't chase you.

as far as living while teleporting to meph: block helps. but if you teleport along the walls and are not blindly teleporting as fast as you can, you will die less.

4. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

Si1enta5sa5sin explained the moat trick

i would guess tele baal is something else thou...

baal often teleport when you are fighting him, and cast a copie of himself. A good trick to avoid this (atleast for necros) is to keep a clay golem out and cast decrapify. He almost never teleport or cast that second baal when he is slowed that much.

5. Bootz24

Bootz24 IncGamers Member

UNEQUIP your merc and do not use TS. You don't want the dolls to get killed... works real well for me (assuming your teleing)

6. BongRipper420

BongRipper420 IncGamers Member

Get a higher rate of fast cast on your gear. You will eventually be teleporting so fast that only fanatacised boss groups will be able to swing fast enough to hit you (if you have enough fast cast even these will rarely hit). I recommend putting a lidless wall and wizardspike on weapon switch to teleport to Durance 3 and switch to mf/killing gear once you've reached Meph.

Another helpful strategy to use while teleporting is to keep a close eye on your map/mini-map and to "plan ahead" while teleporting. What I mean by this is that if you recognize a certain area of the map, namely in Durance level 2 but other areas as well, you can be moving your mouse in the appropriate direction slightly before you reach the area where you would have to change direction. (This applies mainly if you have a high fast cast rate, which you should).

When you teleport near a curve in the map or a dead end, your next teleport should already be swinging you in the opposite direction and you will not be stuck with a false teleport cast into a wall. False teleports can get you killed quickly if you're surrounded by a group of monsters and you try to teleport and nothing happens. But if you plan ahead you can teleport without worries of monsters because you will be going so fast they can't hit you, and you will not be making false teleport casts that get you killed.

7. JustGotOwned

JustGotOwned IncGamers Member

This is just what Ive noticed from doin Andy, the stairs to lvl 3 are usually down and to the left and the stair to lvl 4 are up, there are a few where its vice versa though.