MF Tourney

lukin

Diabloii.Net Member
MF Tourney

I've been on the SPF for almost a year now and every time there is an MF tourney something has prevented me from joining. Now I have 2 months off and am ready. I don't think I am capable of hosting quite yet, but I'm willing to throw my hat in the ring for just about anything.

Pindlethon? Check
Mephathon? Check
MFO? Check

Anyone else itching for an MF tourney?

RIP

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: MF Tourney

Sorry, but i don't hink there will be huge interest because the last MF tourney ended not long time ago - i mean MF Penthatalon....As You can see, it was tourney similiar to MFO with Meph/Baal/Alvl 85 and Act 5 SU as a targets, and more then that, also WSK...

scottasin

Diabloii.Net Member

I'd like for there sometime to be an MF tourney, but not like any of these. Have it more like your usual tourney, but instead of crazy buid restricting rules, score it like the MFO's but untwinked single pass all the way from the start, and count S/U's or something. Could be fun.

Cygnus

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, pretty much every who participated in the MFO must feel burnt out. That was ~6 weeks of pretty intensive MF running. The last Pindle/Meph/Baalathons were one after the other as well, which again burnt out people.

I hosted the last Pindlethon and want to host the next one as well. Depending on how things go, I might host it this time starting mid-July or early August as I'm going to be very busy (plus a little travel) until then. That should give enough time for people to recover from the pentathlon and still give everyone a break before the next MF tourney comes up.

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member

scottasin, do mean one of like these? Untwinked MF tournament done in SPF ladder. Didn't participate, but it could've been fun! and I second RIP, MFP was so intensive and it ended like few weeks ago so, perhaps the next mf tournament after summer?

I'll try to participate. Need more winning trophees after Mephathon win :jig:

scottasin

Diabloii.Net Member

scottasin, do mean one of like these? Untwinked MF tournament done in SPF ladder. Didn't participate, but it could've been fun! and I second RIP, MFP was so intensive and it ended like few weeks ago so, perhaps the next mf tournament after summer?

I'll try to participate. Need more winning trophees after Mephathon win :jig:
like that, but untwinked single pass. For that you pretty much had to level for some time beforhand. (15 pgems from that char for entry)

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member

I participated in that tourney, and had a blast at it. And the Pgems were only a fee, they could be collected in game (in fact, this was encouraged). I wouldn't join a MF tourney if it was single pass only though. The fun for me is to find as many unique's/set items as possible, and if you make that the goal of the tourney, you can pretty much drop single pass. However, to each his own I'd say :p

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member

I've wanted a Pindlethon for a while now seeing as I've only got under 2k runs to go till 10k (and lacking some motivation), but with all the tournaments going on recently, as well as the numerous "tournament idea threads," it may be tricky getting interest.

I know the issue with timings. :wink: [where'd half the old smiley's go?]

Either way, I don't think anything prevents a small group from doing the runs and comparing results, if there's a small amount of interest. I need motivation! :grin:

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member

IIRC full-format MFO usually starts in July. It seems like a good time for recovery from Penthatlon

RIP

Diabloii.Net Member

like that, but untwinked single pass. For that you pretty much had to level for some time beforhand. (15 pgems from that char for entry)
But then, such type of tourney is based on pure luck....not on real MFing :) And char choices are very limited, if You want to hold up as much MF as possible for longest part of the game...I really liked idea (and i participated in) two untwincked MF tourneys, but rerunning was allowed...It was very fun :thumbup:

Tejadia

Diabloii.Net Member

Just what I need.... another reason to MF :) .... I'd be up for almost any format of MF tourney.

huangfusong

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm getting active again and focusing on running. Since my grail is pretty much missing only tc87s, anything that focuses on that would work for me :)

bassano

Diabloii.Net Member

IIRC full-format MFO usually starts in July. It seems like a good time for recovery from Penthatlon
It is shame that I have free time only first week in July beacuse then we are going with my father on bicycle to italy. Beacuse I want participate on next MFO but july is crap for me :(

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

How about the non-MF, MFO. Give a weighting to each (lack of) MF group and get them to hit somewhere. Most MF allowed 50 (for example), points to the person with the best score.