Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mf summoner

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Aristophanese, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Aristophanese

Aristophanese Banned

mf summoner

I have wanted to make an MF char for a long time but there arent any chars i would really be able to stand playing with for more than maybe 2 or 3 runs. A summoning MFer seems like it'd be pretty fun while being able to find cool stuff. Im not very experienced with necros so tell me if this is just plain a messed up idea.

for skills i would use:
    20 skele mastery
    20 skele
    10 summon resistance
    10 corpse explosion
    10 amplify damage

With this I would just summon up my skeles, and then let them kill all the monsters while im amping and using ce for support. My main question would be if this is viable against the acts bosses. Are skeletons strong enough to take them down?

2. Dazze

Dazze IncGamers Member

put a point in clay golem, its slows bosses and makes em more doable. and use decrep curse with golem if skeles seems weak.

3. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

if u have +skills u wouldnt really need 10 summon resist, id say 1-5 at most. and if ur going for mf summoner, and do a place like The Pit, id max CE and amp if u can. this will make the runs go faster, and in mfing speed if a major factor

4. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Most curse including Amp Damage are 1 point wonders if you have enough + skills. You should have at least one point in most curses since they can help a lot when playing a Necro and if you're new to it they'll let you find out just how powerful we can be :D. The curses are the way Necros control the battle and no other character comes near to our abilities in doing that.

Your Skeletons really benifit in Hell from having as many skill plusses as possible and curses and CE can be decided when this becomes clear so reserve using extra skill points for those until later.

By the time you get to Hell your Necro should have little problem getting a +2 wand, +1 or +2 Necro head, an amulet with any of +1 or +2 to All skills or +3 to summoning and helm of some sort giving +1 or +2 all skills or even a +3 Summoning Circlet. Also you might find or have a few Grand Charms with plusses to curses or summoning that would be useful. These plusses make all the skills look a lot different, especially summon resist that should only require 1 point.

A Clay Golem is a prerequisite for summon resist IIRC, and revives are worth a single point as they can be useful at times and again if this is your first Necro you really should find out what we are all talking about when we say they are dumb, boy are they stooopid :)

Good Luck with your Necro.

5. mes_uno

mes_uno IncGamers Member

Yes they are thick, I have one point in them and only ever revive the council type monsters from baals minions. They can be quite useful with their hydras on baal himself.

6. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

I only have one point in amp and with a few +skills items aside from all my MF gear, it works just fine. I may have to cast it a few times on a large group, but I think additional points are far better spent in other things.

7. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Clay golem and mastery deserve a good point. With +skills items, he can do some amazingly lengthy tanking against bosses. It's also rather cheap (mana-wise) to cast on demand. I use mine as a decoy most of the time, since everything likes to pound on him before the skeles for some odd reason.