Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF Sorc Question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by SgtPPS, Apr 4, 2005.

1. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

MF Sorc Question

Ok I made a Light Sorc but I can only run a few bosses for items. Such as Pindle and Countess. Pindle Really has not paid off and countess droped me a um run after a bazillion runs.

I was looking to see if there is a Sorc that could run the following bosses:
    Hell Mode of course: Andy / Meph / Pindle / Eldritch and possible Shenk

Now the other question is all except meph merc would be great. But someone said to do moat trick with meph but merc will die. Is there anyway to avoid this?

I can get my hands on a full tals set up or go occulus/3 peice tal (belt/ammy/armor/) shako/ war travs. Now the problem is gloves and shield and rings. I know the fcr is 65% but at the same time I want the high block. Any suggestions?

So if you can tell me a good sorc that can run those bosses and maybe if you could skill break down. Thank You

2. Magikan

Magikan IncGamers Member

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Good for all bosses:
    Meteorb
    CL/FO

High Block & FCR:

Magefist
    Tal Set
    Visceratuant (upg.) or Stormshield
    You can do the moattrick or use a merc. Let your merc tank and blast away. Ravenfrost ring will help against cold attacks. I usually just zap right up to him and blast away. With or without merc does not matter much.

4. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

Now will Tals set give me the 65% fcr that is needed?

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

No...but that's what Magefists are for...Tal's set "only" gives 50% Faster Cast Rate.

6. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I have a Blizzy sorc for Meph and Pindle.
    She doesn't use the moat trick. She just teleports before Meph and let him attack her mercenary (HF with Kelpie Snare, Rockstopper and Shaftstop - he can tank him quite good, but maybe there are better merc type/gear choices).
    She uses tals armor+belt+amy, Occulus, Harley, Luna - Rhyme shield, chancies, war travelers, nagelrings. She has terrible resists, but she doesn't need them much...

7. Grumpy Old Wizard

Grumpy Old Wizard IncGamers Member

Blizzard/Firewall make a nice sorceress that can do all the runs. I chose Glacial Spike as my main synergy for the area freezing effect.

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=217480

I went Tal set and Whistan's Guard shield (the orpahan set shield.) Socket the shield with a perfect diamond or Um for resists. The sheld is a great blocking shield and requires really low stats to use.

Take the time to build up your merc (which isn't hard since you can freeze the monsters) and she'll do great. I recommend a defiance merc.

Yes, your merc will die if you use the moat trick. However, if you keep him leveled with you and have decent gear for him once you get your killing speed you you can tele close to Meph, static and bliz while your merc works on him. You'll need to feed him some pots. One good gear setup is Reaper's Toll, Duriel's Shell, and Vamp Gaze/Tal Mask. With his aura he will be a great tank and you'll be able to take some too with the defence boost you recieve from him.

Also, you may want to run Thresh Socket. He is a great sorc for high level gear. Take the Crystaline Passage WP and tele back out to the Arreat Plateau and he is right there as you exit the cave. He has no minions.

To kill Shenk when he is both fire and cold immune tele down to right side of the platform he is standing on and kill the catapult and whatever monsters are there. Then use firewall on the monsters who are standing on the platform. They will line up for you along the edge of the platform like good little monsters. :lol: Then tele up onto the platform, static and let you merc finish Shenk which should not take long.

GOW