Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mf sorc, Occy or Blade of ali baba

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by PaladinOfTruth, May 12, 2005.

1. PaladinOfTruth

PaladinOfTruth IncGamers Member

Mf sorc, Occy or Blade of ali baba

I'm currently using a lvl 79 nm and hell andy runner that has 510 mf with gear on. I'm having trouble deciding whether i should keep the ali baba tulwar i'm using and keep that extra 29 magic find or use my Oculus which gives me 50 mf but 3 to skillz, life, mana and resists. Just wondering if it is worth keeping bcuz i really dont know, lol :lol: I know that i should know this, lol :eek: but, oh well. plz respond.

PaladinOfTruth - Both Diablo 2 and Diabloii.net :thumbsup:

2. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

With that much MF that 29% isn't going to do much. What you could do is if you think it'll help is switch right before the kill.

3. Licwid

Licwid IncGamers Member

I would most definately take the Occy over the Ali Baba. When you have MF that high, 29 extra MF equals out to what, 2-3 extra Unique % Find? Doesn't seem worth it. But my opinion is Fast Killing > MF always (at least, almost).

4. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Occy to weaken the enemy and Alibaba for the kill.

5. PaladinOfTruth

Ok. thank you for the ideas guys, they were awesome :thumbsup:
    Since my sorceress mainly does nm andy I think i'll just use the occy, maybe on hell use the switch just to help but it was great for some people to reply, ty very much.

PaladinOfTruth : Both Diablo 2 and Diabloii.net

6. Ladron

Ladron Banned

Why would you use alibaba in hell but not in nightmare? the guys are harder in hell *shrug*. also, gul > alibaba unless you socket w. ists.

7. PaladinOfTruth

I'd use the ali baba in hell, because the mf there would make more of a difference in hell because of a better drop chance. :p ;) :D

PaladinOfTruth : Both Diablo2 and Diabloii.net :thumbsup:

8. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

second that

9. ChaSerrr

ChaSerrr IncGamers Member

Yes, my meteorber uses Occu for the Pit & Ancient Tunnels, but ali baba + rhyme/splendor for andy/meph... This is all in hell of course. I just have Ali Baba on switch, for teleporting and your everyday business, use the occy, for the kill Ali Baba. (I have 2 9%mf jewels socketed in it) I get 650 mf with it instead of 600,

Slice

10. BGrifter

BGrifter IncGamers Member

Sadly my Occy has worked it's way into my stash and soon to my trade list. I find I do two things with my Sorc now (Blizzard sorc), Ancient Tunnels and Mephisto. (on rare occasions Pindleskin)

For Mephisto there are two parts, teleing down and the actual kill. The actual kill itself could probably be accomplished by a blind monkey with level three blizzard, so I don't really need the +skill Occy provides at all. I'm better off with a Gull dagger or 2x Ist Ali Baba to maximize MF.

For teleing down +skill makes a minimal difference with teleport, MF does nothing, it may sound odd but Wizardspike is actually a better choice for it's bigger resists and FCR. (the teleport effect on Occy can also be deadly when teleing, be it to baal or Meph) I usually use a combo of Wizardspike/Stormshield to tele down, and Alibaba/Rhyme for the kill. (need to upgrade to a 4x Ist monarch I know *grin*) This also applies for Andariel and Pindleskin of course.

For Ancient Tunnels your needs are similar but not exactly the same. You're going to want to keep lightning resist and poison resist at least above zero when holding your MF switch. (charms help a lot obviously) I could see justifying Occy for this sort of use, but haven't really had any issues with just using Ali Baba. (LR and PR are around 30 with my MF switch, all resists are maxed with the Spike/SS combo if the fit hits the shan)

In the end it depends on exactly what you're looking to accomplish. Usually at 80+ characters are best suited to a couple areas for MFing, and get XP from Baal runs. Decide what areas you want to capitilize on and build your gear accordingly.

11. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

u avatar thief :D

12. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

I don't understand why people seam to love occy so much? I my self think that Wizardspike is better in any way possiable. The only other item I would trade my wizspike for would be a good fathoms and I would have to think about it. Wiz kicks FCR tons of resist and mana. Makes teleing a breeze and allows me to weaken mephisto then switch over to gull and if I am running tunnels I just use wiz and don't even bother switching. Occy has some good stuff for the begining but the random tele scares me the 3 skills is kinda redundant. I kill just fine with out them. I would rather live through all of my runs.