Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF SORC (help plz)

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by High_Knight, Mar 4, 2004.

1. High_Knight

High_Knight IncGamers Member

MF SORC (help plz)

What is the best type of MF sorc, and what would be the build?

2. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

Ah, such a wide open subject. I think the general concensus is concentrate on a single element and the majority tend to go either cold (blizzard) or fire (Meteor).

My sorcess is an old build from before the patch and she's a dual elemental user. I use Orb and Hydra. I MF and I like her. Is she the best? I doubt it, but she works for me.

Masa

3. StefanRL

StefanRL IncGamers Member

I use a firesorc with backup in the cold tree, and I'm pretty happy with it running the pits etc.
    The reason I don't use a blizzard sorc for the pits is because of the powerful cold immune monsters. The only fire immune monsters in the pits are pretty weak (though in great numers) and a group of them can easily be taken down with a couple of orbs.
    For the cold immune monsters, use a combination of fireball and meteor. My personal experience is that fireball is a lot more effective than meteor because it will "stun" the monsters for a very short time, so if you keep spamming fireballs they won't get closer to you or shoot a lot of arrows. Also, fireball does more damage than meteor if you have enough fast cast rate - meteor has a high casting delay and the serious damage, the impact, can't affect all of the monsters.
    For the fire-cold immunes, I suggest you get a merc. I use a hell act 2 defiance merc, because it can take some hits and because it doesn't take that much time to get him at a reasonable level :uhhuh:. The way I handle them is pretty simple.. first get rid of all the other monsters doing damage to your merc by using either frozen orb or meteor/fireball (depending on the type of monster), then use static field to take down most of the monster's hp and then wait for the merc to finish him. If your merc is dying, use teleport to get him into safety, restore his health and try again. Though, if you face a monster at the end of a pit, just forget about him and end your run - you wouldn't want your merc to die every run.
    Hmm that's a fancy story, hope you like it :p.

4. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

What do you mean "YOUR SORC"? You don't have one, in fact, not even a plan at all. There are plenty of builds for sorcs for different purposes and/or different areas. You need to be more specific in your question.

5. Stormcryer

Stormcryer IncGamers Member

I use a tri-elementalist and am having good runs so far, not as fast as a single or dual tree. but she also doubles as a quester and rusher

Storm

6. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

I highly doubt a trielementalist can survive hell unless you have the absolutely best items for her.