Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF Skelliemancer - Questions

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Jay20016, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Jay20016

Jay20016 IncGamers Member

MF Skelliemancer - Questions

So I've gotten my MF Necro into Hell Act4 and just completed the Soulstone getting an Ist ( :D ). Now, I'm wondering what you guys think of it.

My Necro is level 76 and has ~500%MF using....

Gull Dagger (Upgraded for a bit more damage, helped considerably in NM)
    Weapon Switch:King Leoric
    Rhyme Shield(Necro shield with a few +skills)
    Weapon Switch: Rare with +2 Necro and 15 resists (only 19 Def )
    Skulder's Ire (PTopazed)
    Shako (PTopazed)
    War Travs(50%MF!!!)
    Goldwrap(Upgraded)
    ChanceGloves(40%MF, upgraded)
    +2 Necro Skills Ammy
    1 SoJ
    1 Rare ring with 34% MF.
    Plus a few smfc (5-7%)

My skill placement is this:
    (Those in "()" are what the level is with items and "[]" is for weapon switch)

Summon:
    RS: 20 (26) [33]
    RM: 03 (09) [15]
    SM: 20 (26) [33]
    Resist: 03 (09) [11]
    Golems: 01 (07) [11]
    GM: 01 (07) [11]
    Rev: 01 (07) [11]

P&B:
    Teeth: 01 (07) [11]
    BA: 01 (07) [11]
    CE: 03 (09) [13]
    BSpr: 20 (26) [30]
    BWall: 06 (12) [16]

Curses:
    All: 01 (08) [10]

Stat Points (with items):
    Strength: 109
    Dex: 140
    Vitality: 212
    Energy: 27

Now for the questsion:

I'm considering adding the Ist to my Gull dagger in hopes of getting rid of the Rhyme shield for Homonuclus(Sp?) with a PDiamond or Um in it since my resists are quite low (-30) :grrr: Should I do this or keep it for a runeword?

I've maxed my RS and SM as well as Bone Spear and now I've trying to figure out what skills to place my remaining points in. I've gotten all the curses as they do help out quite a bit in different situations, and I've placed a few in Corpse Explosion, Bone Wall and 1 in Bone Armor but I'm trying to decide whether I should go for just Corpse Explosion or a mix of the BWall and CE?

Another question, which I may be able to find out in the sticky, is does the SM attack rating/increased damage show up on the Raise Skeleton tab or do I have to do the math myself? I ask because people are constantly asking me what their damage is; I look stupid saying I don't know :D

Also, I've noticed everyone say pump dexerity until you can get max block. I pumped quite a bit in and I'm only at 40%. Did I do something wrong or does it really take that much?

Finally, is there anything that I should maybe look into changing. I figure I'll make another Necro since this was my first and my 2nd of any class seems to always be better anyway.

Thanks, and looking forward toward your suggestions/critiques.

2. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

1. necro heads have horrible block. rhyme may be better in a troll nest for ya rather then the totem you are using now.

2. check the skill tab for skele dmg. that does not take into account your MIGHT MERC (which I assume you have) and/or your AMP damage curse (which I assume you use religiously)

3. ist your gul if you want, but trade value won't be there. better off with a ist'd ali baba (or dual ist'd)

4. no point in max bone spear. w/ no synergies, your dmg is weak. In hell, it would be like throwing a pubic hair at a runaway train...dmg?

5. max ce. that's where it's at.

good luck this time around, and better luck next time should you rebuild.

g

3. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

1) My MF Summoner (lvl 84 Hardcore) uses Gravenspine/Homunculus for summoning, and Ali Baba/Rhyme on switch. I'm trying to go with a Carin Shard or Heart of the Oak instead of Graven... Remember, you can put rhyme in a 2 socket head... maybe you can find one with +raise skeleton (skeleton mastery doesn't matter on your switch because skellies retain that stat after you switch, RS will just keep 1 or 2 of them around). I have some MF jewels in my ali baba to make it 100% right now since I don't want to waste the ISTs.

2) I have MF charms... this lets me put on other gear like Tal Rasha's Belt and Trangs Gloves.

3) Blocking is hard to get maxed. Homunculus has a block % of 72, so at your level of 74, it looks like this to get max blocking

75 = 72(dex-15) / 148
    =
    11,100 = 72(dex-15)

=
    11,100/72 = Dex-15

Dex - 15 = 154.166

Dex = 169.166 to have max blocking at your level.

Here's where Tal's belt helps. +20 dex and you can still have 15 MF.

My dream weapon would be Heart of the Oak. I have a Vex, if I can get a Pul and a 4 socket flail, I'll use that for the +3 skills, faster cast, oak sage for my skellies and up to +40 resist all to go with my PD Homunculus.

4. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

I love these forums. Now I have something to shoot for. My new Necro, which is the replacement for the 79 Summoning Necro that recently died (damn him!) is going to shoot for more magic find then the last build (which had NOTHING)! I have the Skulders, and the Shako (can't use yet, I'm only level 51). I can up-grade a Boldwrap, but I was thinking of using a Thundergods war belt for lightning resitances ... bad idea? My last Necro was a tad weak on resistances. I was also gonna go with a Dwarf Star and a Raven Frost to help with resistances ... bad? I don't have a switch weapon and I currently use Blackhand (you use what you got) and a Homu shield.

I was iguring that if I got to 300% I'd be real happy.

Masa

5. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

T-gods is a good idea, as is a Ravenfrost.

HoSv1

6. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

TGods has a big strength requirement. If you're worried about lightning, you could always try to get a Wisp Projector.

7. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

Wisps are expensive / hard to find on HCL. You can get major mf from your ARMOR spots and leave your jewelry up to your resists / absorb.

t-gods is coo
    raven is coo
    dwarf is coo

8. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

I have the strength, so in that case I'm coo, cause I'm fresh out of wisp projectors. lol

Masa