Mf Skelliemancer Gear

Mf Skelliemancer Gear

I want to kill fast but I also want a large amount of mf.. heck is that even possible?

I was thinking on this setup:

Isted Ali Baba
Isted Monarch
Shako P Topaz
Enigma Mage Plate
Arachnid
Wartrav
Chance Guards
30 % nagel rings
Mf amulet

Merc:
weapon: Infinity
armor: ?
helm: ?

Is this a overkill mf? Is my killing speed slow? Or does my merc does wonders and can i replace everything to mf?

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member
As long as you have +skill gear for the initial summon you should be fine. Also, carry a spike or a hoto with a spirit or homunculous on switch to teleport down.

For general plowing around you'll be just fine as long as you prebuff.

But if I summon my slaves and then switch to lets say ali baba and isted monarch the skellies will break right?

And how would my merc be looking?

I was thinking:

(Eth) Vampire Gaze
Infinity Tresher
(Eth) Shaftstop

niner

Diabloii.Net Member
I would be thinking
P topaz Guiliames Face
Eth Duress
Eth Tomb Reaver with high mf and high res

on that merc else you will take 10 minutes to kill baal

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, Infinity has cb, so it works out.

As someone said, keep a switch with some fcr for tele'ing. I don't have the breakpoints, look them up. Or find rings/ammy with mf and fcr.

I just switch to my cta and spirit (as i dont have arachnids) and then i tele much faster than with no fcr. If you have a 30+ fcr spirit and 20 from arachnids that should suffice.

Insight golem is the key to killing speed, having no mana will slow you down.

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, you will lose some skellies - but the skellies you DO have will be as strong as they were when summoned. Carry your aokl in inventory in the off chance you have a situation come up with a double enchanted unique or an OK in a bad spot.

You'll be fine. I pretty much do exactly as you describe once I've tele'd to minions. For general plowing however, I maintain a better power mix since you'll need to resummon a few and maintain speed if you're gonna plow chaos, pits, wsk, ancients all in a row.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
I think that your "moving" speed might be a bit slow if you're thinking of flying past WSK areas, etc. It also might be dangerous, depending on how you play.

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member
I would personally keep the isted monarch and baba on switch and only flip them out when you're fairly stationary. If you have hoto and homunc on switch, you should be okay for tough spots and fast resummons of reasonable power.

I'm not crazy about the ammy though.

I'd suggest a +3 summoning skills ammy with another mod or plain. The extra 30-35 isn't worth it.

KavikKang

Diabloii.Net Member
I want to kill fast but I also want a large amount of mf.. heck is that even possible?

I was thinking on this setup:

Isted Ali Baba
Isted Monarch
Shako P Topaz
Enigma Mage Plate
Arachnid
Wartrav
Chance Guards
30 % nagel rings
Mf amulet

Merc:
weapon: Infinity
armor: ?
helm: ?

Is this a overkill mf? Is my killing speed slow? Or does my merc does wonders and can i replace everything to mf?
Go see my "Pure Summoner" thread, that build is exactly the answer too your question. 333-350MF and can do absolutely anything including Uber Trist.

DaemonAkuma

Diabloii.Net Member
My MF set-up on my Pure is:

IstIst Ali Baba, Shako, Enigma, 2xsoj, boneflame, Perf Chancies, and War Travs with a midgheed ~33 I believe, and a couple 7mf scs. That's plenty, and I can frolic and dance through any part of the game, including the uber levles (no sense in uber trist though since there are no item drops). I only have 1 Summon GC so I have 13 skelliies, 13 mages, and 20+ revives (don't know for sure to be honest with you). I can't say I ever have anything die unless a poison mage gets isolated, or gets killed by Lister. Other than that no re-summons needed, although I do have on max +skill equip whenever I summon them initially.

bullfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Here's my summoner, lately i enjoy playing him the most.

Pre-summon setup:
shako(ptz),mara,hoto,enigma,homun,magefist,sojo,arach,sojo,wtrav,7 summon gcs, torch, anni.
With bc from cta stwich, i'll summon 14 of each level 45 skellies, mages. I could summon more, but only 14 survive after gear switch so y bother.

Post-summon setup:
shako(ptz), 1 skill ammy w/ 18mf, hoto, enigma, homun, chancies, 30mf nagel, goldwrap, 37mf ring, wtrav, remove 2 summon gc from inventory
This setup give me 8 inventory spaces, plus cube for picking up items.
Rest of my inventory is filled w/ 5 skillers, 1gheed, torch, anni, id scroll book,9mf scs. I went even far as carrying tp scroll in belt slots for more mf scs.

Total mf: 460

I do switch back to magefist and arch for quick meph, baal.
Other then that, my summoner is by far the fastest mfer.
He beats my hammerdin and infinity merc/light sorc by big time.
Oh yea, my minions(or me for that matter) almost never die, and i use insight golem.

Still looking for way to pack on some more mf while retaining good(not decent) killing speed. Any one else has suggestion?

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
*sobs at kavikangs thread title*

I still cant get over the fact that you call your build a PURE summoner when you are a hybrid.

Some nice gear that can net you nice MF w/o sacraficing too much.

PTopaz Shako (74)
Enigma (86... just my lvl, makes it easier for calculations)
Hoto (0)
Homunculus (0)
Goldwrap (30)
Chancies (40)
War Travs (50)
Gheeds (40)
PNagel (30)
Gull (100) Switch
Rhyme (25)
Thats 350% MF right there and 475% MF on boss/unique switch, and you'll still have a good amount of mf, breakpoints for the necro are IRC 48,75,125, those are the most important, and you'll be wanting to hit the 75 bp, which using a hoto, magefist, and arach for teleing shouldnt be too hard.

The best part is that you can use this setup and still have enough +skills to dominate, total +skills are as follows

+2 Shako
+3 Summoning Ammy
+2 Nigma
+2 Homunculus
+3 Hoto
+3 NTorch (they go for cheap now, about 1hr on pubs)
+1 Soj/Bk
+5 Summon gcs

Using this you get +21 to summoning skills, which is easily enough to allow you to compeltely dominate hell baal. If you can make your merc strong enough, only use him vs bosses, with your curses and gumby he should be able to kill ANYTHING, and if you equip him with infinity + Ptopaz Andys, you can get roughly +50% MF if you let him get the kill, so thats a total of 525% MF on switch for bosses, thats simply insane for a build that also can get +21 to their primary tree at the same time:grin: .

Bogie,