Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mf Skelemancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Lawrencearm, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Lawrencearm

Lawrencearm IncGamers Member

Mf Skelemancer

Im planning on making a mf skelemancer. Does anyone mf with their skelemancer?
    What kind of gear would be the way to go? Hoto or Beast? 7mf scs with how many summon gcs? How much mf should i aim for?

Would I beable to clear the pit, and get to baal and kill him with a skelemancer easily? Would it take a long time?

Would you put points in any pnb skills other than bone armor?

Any suggestions on skelemancers, and mf skelemancers would be really helpful.

Thanks.

2. zuke

zuke IncGamers Member

Blade of Ali Baba, Enigma, PTopaz Shako forms the core of MF equipment for a fishymancer. Bring mf up to 300+ with small charms and rings and you're good to go. Use AoKL to for summoning. Marrowwalks, Homunoculus, and fill in the rest of gear with whatever and you'll be good to go. If you're rich enough stick Infinity on a might merc and you'll be good to go. I wouldn't bother with hoto or beast - you don't need either for mf, even against baal and minions.

Your speed is only limited by how fast you want to CE and how many mana pots you want to drink. ;)

3. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

Plenty of people.

Yes.

Yes.

It does for me.

Bone wall, bone prison, corpse explosion

Best one yet :p

Why do you suggest Infinity? Pride is a better decision IMO.

4. Aksama

Aksama IncGamers Member

Infinity? You should be wasting your time on that by an means. If you follow the fishymancer build you won't have a single mage in your party, as amp damage/CE don't exactly "synergize" (not directly either) with that combo either.

To use mages effectively you have to cast Lower Resist, then using CE doesn't benefit from the double damage that Amp Damage does (CE causing 50% fire/50% physical)

Go Pure skellies for a skelemancer man, don't listen to the boneheads who just think it's great to have 20 skeletons running around (10 of each type) 'tis better to max CE, and get some revives.

5. Bigru

Bigru IncGamers Member

ah the pride vs infinity debate sparks up again ^^.

I'm personally a infinity person, i like the extra CE damage (CE is half fire damage) and extra mage damage, combined with much better merc damage and crushing blow on merc. Also skeles without fana generally only have ~5k~ ar, so the -% def is a huge bonus. Also, pride merc makes frozen corpses, which i hate ^^.

Prides pretty much only thing going for it is better skele damage when they actually hit.

And yes, you can mf with this fine, expecially with a high level corpse explosion, and insight somewhere (either on switch or merc or iron golem). This means all you need is your merc or skeles to kill 1-2 monsters and then you spam CE and everythings dead.

6. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Even with only 1 hard point in mages as a prerequisite, a Fishymancer should have their mages around anyway. Another thing to kill faster, and another enemy distraction and meat shield.

Personally, i'd rather max skelly magi/golem mastery than invest in bone armor synergies. They're much better at absorbing damage. I never put any points into bone armor/synergies on fishys, since i never get into situations where it's needed (i.e. getting hit).

Oh, and i also vote Infinity in the Infinity vs Pride debate. Superpowered corpse explosions, party pleaser, boss killer (crush. blow), 95% chance to hit everything. Pride shatters non-cold immunes.

7. MedctnStn

MedctnStn IncGamers Member

Pride doesn't work with CE IMO, so i guess i vote for Infinity.

8. USElf

USElf IncGamers Member

strongly suggest u get RS, RSM, SM, CE have them max.

1 point to revieve is more than enough.

9. zuke

zuke IncGamers Member

IMO Crushing Blow on Infinity makes it better than pride - especially for bosses.

However, the bottom line is that a fishymancer build is so versatile that you really can't screw it up.

10. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

and don't forget that with Infinity your skeletons chance to hit is pretty much always 95%, whereas with Pride, skeleton AR is fully subject to monster level and defence, you'd need to be above level 85 (85 being the high level areas in the game like Pits, WSK, Chaos) to have a decent chance to hit all monsters. You'd need to be in the 90's to have a decent chance to hit bosses like Baal and Diablo (iirc level 99 and 94 respectively). I think Accuracy>slight damage increase.

11. Slaughterstubbs

Slaughterstubbs IncGamers Member

pride v. infinity? Infinity is my vote.

anyway, onto your question. i have a mf fishymancer and he works wonders. the pit is simple. the only problem with getting to baal is the gloams. but dim vision works wonders on them. For doing baal a lot i would recomend getting an enigma b/c is it much faster. Also, get your self some crushing blow on your merc (another fine point in infinity's favor) or else killing baal will take along time, even with some revived gorebellies/urdars. you really dont need any PnB skills, just get yourself some mages instead because it puts that many more bodies between you and the badies, and they help out (even more with infinity). make sure to get yourself a Gheed's and a torch at least, if you have the means get yourself an anni as well.

just my 2 cents.