MF/RF Tournament - Sign-up and Running

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member
20 hours in CS. Blargh. I doubt I'll finish dead last, but it's not gonna be far from it. Or if I am in top ranked, I am sorry for everyone else's drops :(

I am working from home the rest of the week, so I might have some extra time to keep running. So, since the untwinked 99 runners @T72on1 and @Yng are both running Nihlathak, I might as well give them a bit of a scare too and try to finish a set there. Probably won't finish a full set but maybe I can do a super lucky half set and push those two to run better and find better qualifiers (no more Griffon's, I need one too)

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@ziambe Confirmed!

@Neksja Switching to Nihl for fun past 98.5 to give others a scare? Nice! :)

I am almost done, 2.5 hours to go. After a good start, drops have been terrible for the last ~8-10 hours really. So here's me complaining in hopes of a strong finish. :)

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Couldnt help but log in to congratulate @Yng on ur griffons! =D ik uve been waiting for one for a long while lol.

Does this mean no more salty comments on how every pindle runner gets a griffons and u dont? =P
I'll take over those salty comments. Still no Griffon's for me, and I so badly want one !!!

@Neksja Good luck running Nihl. He isn't that hard once you get used to him, but before that it's not easy. So don't get yourself killed. Are you going to do it with your Hammerdin, respec him to a Telesmiter for the job or take another character? Edit: nvm, saw in the 99er thread that you are doing it with your Hammerdin.

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member
@ffs you gotta have some fun right? No point in the grind if it's boring!

@T72on1 yeah running with Hammerdin as it is. Since I'm not fully committed to running Nihl for the last <0.5 levels, I might return back to CS at some point. And there's been some whispers about a proper MFO coming up, which is where I think Hammerdin would be a great overall character to use so can't be fussed respecing. And I'm not sure if I have any respecs left, if I do that would require a map reroll due to changing difficulty and my current map is not amazing but okay-great for LK, CS and Nihl. Also, Aura has been a Hammerdin since I unlocked Blessed Hammer skill at lvl18, so it would feel like a betrayal to change builds for the final push.

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
@Yng – congrats on the Griffons. Well deserved, and it sounds like it’s made Nihl running more engaging for you. That’s nice when part way into 98, just to help focus on plugging away for the final level. :)

My necro is 15 hours in and on track to be past 96.33 at the end of the 20-hour set. As mentioned at the last update, he went back to 125 FCR setup for the first hour and a bit.

But he was averaging only 10-15 seconds faster per run, in part due to a loss of +skill due to only have +1 skill circlet compared to +2 on Shako. Given this tourney format, I decided to go back to 75 FCR set up and higher MF, now over 350 MF with a pair of War Travelers found shortly after last update.

After finishing this set, and when MF no longer matters, he will go back to 125 FCR set up and focus on moving as efficiently as possible to level 97. At the current rate, it should be less than 30 hours total to complete the level in the Pit. Two non-qualifier upgrades for his gear, plus two more nice finds:
Code:
Fungal Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xab3193b9
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)

Shimmering Small Charm of Greed
Small Charm
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x3f26e2b4
All Resistances +5
7% Extra Gold from Monsters

Burning Grand Charm of Balance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xed9518
Unidentified
+1 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only)
+12% Faster Hit Recovery

Fletcher's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe06ffd08
Item Level: **
Unidentified
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
+21 to Life
So, yeah, he’s at six skillers now, which best my other three untwinked 99ers, which includes two completed and one at level 98. So that’s pretty amazing. :D Sorry @Yng!

Good luck to everyone trying to finish up a set (or sets). I should finish up by Friday, and then will be able to focus on getting the pally to 98.25 and progressing my zon so she’s ready to Pindle for MFO in late August.

ziambe

Diabloii.Net Member
Does this mean no more salty comments on how every pindle runner gets a griffons and u dont? =P
I'll take over those salty comments. Still no Griffon's for me, and I so badly want one !!!
Every Pindle runner heh?

For the record, it took me 33,575 pindle runs to find my first griffon's. And it rolled 15/10. Still one of the happiest moments in my D2 career.

Shuffleblast

Diabloii.Net Member
@Friiser and @Shuffleblast I hope old Baal was nicer to you guys than he was to me. I will be taking a much need baal-cation after that 'session'!
I've only now started running again and I might not be able to finish the full 20 hours, I'm 5 hours in... I'll try though.

Baal is doing his thing as usual, it took him 3 hours to drop me an IK maul... does this count as a spoiler? Atma's scarab got me more excited, since it was probably a grailer for me (I remember using atma+buriza in 1.09, but maybe I traded for it). As for runes, I'll probably have to spend a bit of time in LK or travi at some point. ^^

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Grats @PhineasB! Can't mention often enough how ridiculous that gear on your untwinked 99er Necro is. :eek::eek: Probably better than most twinked Novamancers by virtue of Death's Web and the 2/20 amulet alone, plus 6 skillers by now!? Crazy. I need to get back to my 99er Necro after this tourney ends to give you some competition in terms of progress at least. ;)

As for Griffon's, took my 99er Sorc 4 pindle runs. :p :D

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member
Right, I'll drop out of the Nihl category. Or I can just stay in it with my 6.5 hours and take the last place to make the runner-up feel better for not finishing last.

I've been scared away from Nihl with the bugged Tomb Vipers. XP was a little bit better but not enough to take the risk of instadying, which to be honest I have not been close yet, but considering that I did 6.5hrs already in there, I don't like my chances of that not happening in the next 65+ HOURS that it takes to finish my 99er. Back to CS it is! Though I'm not running for a second set.

@ffs I'll send you my top 5s later in the week.

Good luck everyone who are still squeezing in more runs!

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
This one was cute.

Screenshot003.jpg

Code:
Felloak
Club
One Hand Damage: 1 - 15
Durability: 13 of 13
Required Level: 3
Fingerprint: 0xc84f102f
Item Level: 95
Unidentified
77% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 6 - 8 Fire Damage
Knockback
Lightning Resist +60%
Fire Resist +20%
Ethereal
Nice addition to my eth grail. Funny thing is, Nihl already dropped me eth Torch of Iro and eth Rixot's Keen as well.

Edit: and an upgrade for Neverland (up from 23% res all):

Code:
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xcbf6314c
Item Level: 95
Unidentified
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +27

Last edited:

ziambe

Diabloii.Net Member
I am surprised how difficult it is to get used to running tunnels after running a pitzerker for so long...

Yng

Diabloii.Net Member
I think I’m at ~13.5 hours now. Going to need a big Saturday or I won’t be able to finish the full set.

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Set finished and results sent. The 20-hour set saw Pestilence come up 1.2M short of 2.8B, or only 4M or so short of 96.35. So a very productive tourney regardless of the drops! :D

Best non-qualifiers over the last 5 hours was a 40 MF Gheeds very early on, which was a +8MF improvement over his best one so far.
Code:
Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x6172d98e
142% Extra Gold from Monsters
Reduces all Vendor Prices 11%
40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
He also picked up a HoZ, which for whatever reason is still a really cool drop for me (likely because it took a looong time to find my first after each of my restarts). Not much to share beyond that. Good luck to everyone still finishing up sets :)

I went ahead and got to a round 2.83M after the set ended before switching to the 125 FCR setup. I think he’ll hit 96.5 before focusing on Phaedrus and progressing the Zon in advance of MFO. Speaking of which, MFO hype!

Trapin'

Diabloii.Net Member
Set finished and results sent. The 20-hour set saw Pestilence come up 1.2M short of 2.8B, or only 4M or so short of 96.35. So a very productive tourney regardless of the drops! :D

Best non-qualifiers over the last 5 hours was a 40 MF Gheeds very early on, which was a +8MF improvement over his best one so far.
Code:
Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x6172d98e
142% Extra Gold from Monsters
Reduces all Vendor Prices 11%
40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
He also picked up a HoZ, which for whatever reason is still a really cool drop for me (likely because it took a looong time to find my first after each of my restarts). Not much to share beyond that. Good luck to everyone still finishing up sets :)

I went ahead and got to a round 2.83M after the set ended before switching to the 125 FCR setup. I think he’ll hit 96.5 before focusing on Phaedrus and progressing the Zon in advance of MFO. Speaking of which, MFO hype!
I still haven't found a HoZ and I need one! Nice find

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Finished my set as well yesterday. Some interesting non-qualifiers:

1_nice rare ring.png 3_15-3 diamond bow.png 3_eth Caduceus + Blessed Hammer.png 3_FHR_AR SC.png 3_HoZ.png 3_Knell.png 3_Sup 13ed CS.png
Apart from that, 15/15 life/mana SC, two average facets (poison and fire) and a Wisp Projector (11/18).

I ended up running PN Necro almost exclusively, with the exception of 2-3 hours with Pit Barb, first WW on P8 and then some P1 Berserk towards the end... to actually warm up for the MFO. ;) Also did a few test runs with 99er Necro and Javazon, but for negligible amounts of time only.

I'll probably get back to my 99er Necro for a bit and am considering joining for a couple of Baal runs with him, if I find some time to run him this weekend.

EDIT: I realized a qualifier (albeit low scoring one) showed in one of the screenshots, removed that one. :)

Last edited:

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
14:30 played, that will be all for me I'm afraid. Had a lot of fun, and good xp progress, getting me close to the 'only 100M left' mark.

Sending results in a minute.

Edit: for some reason I thought this finishes this evening, but it seems we have time until Sunday evening. There is a small chance I'll get some more time in on Sunday, so not sending results yet. Sorry for the confusion.