MF "rendering"?

mrGrobyILM

Diabloii.Net Member
MF "rendering"?

OK, given the gear I have, I can't run into nightmare Baal with good mf. So, what I do, actually, is to get Baal (or any boss I'm doing a run on) on lowest possible health and then portal myself back to town to "change" into mf gear and then, with mf gear on, I finish 'em up.
Now, my friend says that when you change mf, it needs some time to be rendered by the comp itself.

My question: Is that true and if it is, just how much time are we talking about?

I'm curious because, one time, I've put on my mf gear and went to take a ****, while my chara remained in town. When I went back through the portal Baal was totally regenerated and then I had to do it all over again.
And, once (actualy plenty of times) I've just put on my mf gear and quickly went for the kill. After that I always get ****ty items.
So, not too much time, and not too little...but, how much exactly?

thanx in advance!!!

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
It's not true. When the items are spawned on a monsters death, your MF% is fetched by the server. You do not need to allow time for the computer to "render" the MF%.

Esuna

Diabloii.Net Member
You know what? I sometimes do the same thing too. With the whole switching complete gears thing till reaching the act boss.

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
You can also use high MF gear on the switch of your killing char. For example, if it's a Barb, dual upgraded Ali Baba should work fine. Just switch to your MF gear when the boss is about to die, and finish him off :thumbsup: !

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Baal is a rather bad target for just MF because it takes so long to kill the minions and if he is too tough to be killed while wearing your MF equipment, you should visit something else. I suggest nightmare Meph with a meteorb sorc. With a teleporter it takes 2 minutes and Meph can drop enough of the things to equip a MF character who is able to do his/her job in hell mode.

However, if you are doing nightmare Baal runs for XP and kill Baal with MF gear just for the extra creamtop, continue with your Baal runs. Anyway, you should have reached ~L75 after a few dozens of nm Baal runs and then it's time to switch to hell mode.

As Orphan already said, that "rendering" issue is nonsense.

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
Baal is a rather bad target for just MF because it takes so long to kill the minions and if he is too tough to be killed while wearing your MF equipment, you should visit something else.
Yes, but that's also what makes CoAs or Fathoms so attractive, and Baal has the greatest chance to drop them eventually :rolleyes:. If these items were fast and easy to find, they wouldn't be that expensive. It's a good way to vary a bit : Hell Baal, Hell Meph, the Pits, so you don't sink into boredom :wink:.

Megafusion

Diabloii.Net Member
just do nm baal with full tals, peace of cake.. I do it sometimes with my 85 sorc, and it aint that hard, she got like 400+ mf.. however out of like 5 runs iv done, nothing gr8

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
just do nm baal with full tals, peace of cake.. I do it sometimes with my 85 sorc, and it aint that hard, she got like 400+ mf.. however out of like 5 runs iv done, nothing gr8
I wonder what's the best option between Nightmare Baal and Hell Mephisto. But I guess it's the latter (I'm too lazy to check what items both bosses can or can't drop) :rolleyes:.

mrGrobyILM

Diabloii.Net Member
However, if you are doing nightmare Baal runs for XP and kill Baal with MF gear just for the extra creamtop, continue with your Baal runs. Anyway, you should have reached ~L75 after a few dozens of nm Baal runs and then it's time to switch to hell mode.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing and I think it's the best (next to the pits)...But, the asswipe won't give me Bartuc's, still and I've done like 50 runs with my sin, now!!!

Gorny

Banned
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing and I think it's the best (next to the pits)...But, the asswipe won't give me Bartuc's, still and I've done like 50 runs with my sin, now!!!
Ok, Iv'e seen you post more than a few times with language that is not acceptable on these forums.

Don't do it again.

mrGrobyILM

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, Iv'e seen you post more than a few times with language that is not acceptable on these forums.

Don't do it again.
OK, I didn't realise it's a problem...
And I didn't use "hardcore" lingua, so I assumed th...nevermind.

I'm sorry. It won't happen again.

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
OK, I didn't realise it's a problem...
And I didn't use "hardcore" lingua, so I assumed th...nevermind.

I'm sorry. It won't happen again.
Check the rules link in Gorny's sig and you will have a long and happy life here.

Back on topic:
Another strategy is to load up yourself and your merc with MF and let your merc deal the killing blow. Both your MF is added together for merc kills.:prop: