MF questions

Humphrey

Diabloii.Net Member
MF questions

What's the first place worth going MFing in? And is there any way to tell if a magic item is socketed before it's identified?

PsionicAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd say the best place to start your mf depends on your character class. You could tell us more about your char?

To your second question, the answer is no.

Humphrey

Diabloii.Net Member
PsionicAngel said:
I'd say the best place to start your mf depends on your character class. You could tell us more about your char?

To your second question, the answer is no.
Summoner Necro, skeletons and mages. Just finished normal, so I was wondering if anything was worth running soon.

Oh well. Is it worth identifying every item you find to see if it is any good?

Thanks!

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
I would say go through the NM and build your MF slowly (PTopazes in socketed armor/helm, rare MF gloves, charms etc.) Start really in Hell Pit, thats the area where every item in the game can drop. Normally I would advice to stop by a NM Meph for a while, but fishymancer doesn't need much items to be effective in hell.

EDIT: I think blue items, especially weapons are not worth picking. For armors you will get a nice cash at least, that can be used for gambling. Identify all jewel/charm you will find, some of them are nice!

PsionicAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
Then my first target would be Hell Pit as Hrus said. It's a pain to have to raise your army every Meph runs. Pit last longer so it makes it worthwhile, and every item can drop there !

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd throw a recommendation in for a stopover at NM Baal. Not so much for the MF, but you *can* mf him while levelling up to mid 70s which will help a great deal in hell.

Hakai_no_Tenshi

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrus said:
EDIT: I think blue items, especially weapons are not worth picking. For armors you will get a nice cash at least, that can be used for gambling. Identify all jewel/charm you will find, some of them are nice!
Any weapon with skills on it is *always* worth selling e.g orbs, staves, wands and claws. You might even end up with uber weapons like a sorceress orb that has +3 cold skills, +3 blizzard and 20% faster cast rate. Socket that for 2 sockets and stick in two cold facets for an uber weapon.

--T

Uncle_Mike

D2 PvP Moderator
Humphrey said:
Oh well. Is it worth identifying every item you find to see if it is any good?
Thanks!
ID class specific items - various versions of scepters, shrunken heads and wands spring to mind...they are not always useful but will net you a lot of cash you could spend gambling...

my 2 cents...
UM