Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF Question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by detroitburrow, Apr 22, 2008.

1. detroitburrow

detroitburrow IncGamers Member

MF Question

I bought my copy of the game and the exp. bout 6 or 7 years ago , just started playing again on single player , i dont have any of the battlenet updates .. I have about 110 MF on my character and 20MR on my merc. If i let my merc get the final hit does my MF bonus factor into the possible drops? I know that it does now ,but not sure if it does the the version of the game that I am using. Just want to know for sure that it does and im just having bad luck ?? anyone know? thanks

2. friedbananazzzz

friedbananazzzz IncGamers Member

Re: MF Question

You'll want to move this to the SP Strat forum, this is the SP Trading forum. PM a mod, they can move it for you.

Not sure about your answer though, I personally don't remember much about 1.07. But if you check the SPF stickies, there's a 1.07 guide

3. Espr

Espr IncGamers Member

I believe it does, but I'm not 100% on that. However, I would suggest going through the 1.07 guide and the gossip thread for additional information, as MF does work a bit differently in 1.07. For examples, there are effective breakpoints that drastically alter your drops.

4. Fabian

Fabian IncGamers Member

The merc's MF definitely counts when the merc kills a monster in 1.07 too. Otherwise reaching those high breakpoints would be very, very difficult.

5. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

If you're playing v1.07, you should know that the TC (treasure class; describes what monsters, chests, etc can drop which items) system in that version is hopelessly broken. Items above TC 60 or something (not sure on the exact number) simply cannot drop normally. The only way to get these items is by 'rack running' (popping weapon/armor racks), and these never drop bows, crossbows, staves, or wands. Hence, it is utterly impossible to find, say, Windforce in v1.07.

Also note that MF has absolutely no effect on racks. In order to get good stuff from racks, you simply need to run them over and over and over and over and... Well, you get the idea. :)

6. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

In 1.07 you will almost never see Sets/Uniques until you reach a certain breakpoint. Once you reach the bp required for one type of monster (boss(superunique&champion), they will drop only sets (or failed set which are magical with double durability) or (with even higher MF) uniques (or failed uniques, which are rares with triple durability).

The breakpoints are:
    bosses in NM: 127%
    Champions/superuniques in Hell: 374%
    Bosses in Hell: 556%

That's the numbers for set items IIRC. For unqiues the numbers would be way higher, since in 1.07 qualities are sorted like this: Magical<Set<Rare<Unique, so after the above bps you would first see more rares drop.

In general it's best to rack items if you're looking for elite uniques/sets. This is discribed here in the 1.07 guide. Further discussion on 1.07 topics in the 1.07 guide addendum.