Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mf question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by LiquidIce, Jun 22, 2005.

1. LiquidIce

LiquidIce IncGamers Member

mf question

is there a good mf ammy? right now i have skullders gull, shako,chance guards, gold wrap..and i want to look for a good mf ammy

2. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

I don't think there is a good stand alone ammy for mf. Usually you'd have to have more than 1 piece of a set for that. If you use ATMA, I do have a 28% mf ammy is you're interested. Just give me your email and I'll send it to you. This is the readout.

Amulet of Luck
    Required Level: 19
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 79
    Fingerprint: 0x74a76591
    28% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

there's two ways to think about it:

1. tal's ammy: with set bonuses, the best balance between mf and skills.

2. maras: some slots must be devoted to protection/skills/offense. ammy, rings and one set of switch items are generally the best place to put them, as otherwise the mf you get from these slots is relatively low compared to the playability factor, e.g. max 30 mf on 1 ring, vs 1 skill/25% mana on a soj.

however, theoretically, the best possible amulet would be a 50% mf dual affix magical amulet. i use a +1 skills, 20% mf rare. i used to have a 2skills, fcr, 20% crafted. imho, if you can't get a tal's or maras, use a good rare.

conversely, there's nothing wrong if you get a nice magical with 2 skills/35 mf, or 2 skills/100 life, etc.

4. Drunken_Tiger

Drunken_Tiger IncGamers Member

Maximum magic find amulet possible is 50%. It's blue, I forget the name. For rings, it's 40%. Don't know if these still spawn in 1.10, but I'm sure people from 1.09 have them.

5. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

i had a +2 fire skill / 47mf ammy before i gave it away.

6. Drunken_Tiger

Drunken_Tiger IncGamers Member

no offense, but i highly doubt that ring is possible to spawn. check suffix and pre-fixes... to get even 47% mf, you'd need the mf prefix and mf suffix. maybe if that amulet were rare... not too familiar with rares.

7. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

Drunken tiger is right. max for rings is 40 and for ammy's it is 50. both called fortuitous x of fortune.

As for the +2 Fire skill, +47% Mf ammy - I'm sure it can't exist...Yellow ammys can only have 10% MF prefix and 25% MF suffix - so it would be a Blazing Felicitous Amulet of Fortune and would have a max of 35% mf with the +2 skills...

Someone correct me if I am wrong!