MF Question + Map question

hpmons

Diabloii.Net Member
MF Question + Map question

Dont know if this is the right place to ask...

Using the drop calculator in ATMA, it shows that the IK Will drops at 1:257 at 200% MF, and 1:259 at 300%, for the Cow King in NM. Is this right? And if so, why? Should I use better gear and lower my MF?

Not really related, but is there a way to get the same map again? Ive got a good map on NM (Im playing single player), and Id be scared I accidentally go onto a different difficulty and lose it.

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: MF Question + Map question

IK Will drop: probably, at higher MF its magic/rare forms might take slight precedence over the set form

In single player you keep your maps as long you stay in that difficulty. If you accidently change, quickly hit the windows key, and close the program down manually using task manager (Ctrl Alt Del)

capnskull

Diabloii.Net Member

I thought items were checked in the order : unique,set,rare,magic,norm ?

hpmons

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the reply. To my surprise, Ive managed to get the IK Forge (1:1058) and Detail (1:1058) from the Cow King, but still not the IK Will!

inthayne

Diabloii.Net Member

What is the method to MF run the cow king in single player?
Eth Wirt's leg perhaps...

hpmons

Diabloii.Net Member

I use the PlugY mod, which allows you to kill the Cow King multiple times, as well as enable ladder runewords, and the Uber quests.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

only sp mods allowed to be discussed on the forum are rwm (runeword mod) and rrm (red rune mod)

you can kill the king multiple times in sp by using 1 char to make cows and another to clear it
create a tcp/ip game and join it with a g-rushed mule to create cows