Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF question help me plz!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by qazxswedc, Apr 6, 2005.

1. qazxswedc

qazxswedc IncGamers Member

MF question help me plz!

ok i have a hammerdin:
    mf is 550~
    i do 10k dmg
    i use:
    Shako
    Maras
    Enigma
    hoto
    Hoz
    Spider
    2x 30 mf nagels
    50% war travs
    40% chancies
    i have 25 7% mfsc's
    Anni
    and i amd finding NOTHIN!!!
    should i lower my MF 2 about 250-350~
    and whats your opinion on speed of kill or MF with kill??
    Thnx

WoG.BoY :thumbsup:

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

What exactly do you expect to find ? How many MF runs have you made so far ?

MF just increases the chance for being magical, rare, set or unique items. It does not influence the total number of items, their type or their quality, rune finds, quality of gems, jewels etc.

The chance for uniques, set items and rares is subject to diminishing returns, so 500%MF doesn't mean you will find 500% more uniques. In addition, if your effective chance for uniques is let's say higher by 100% and a monster has a 0.1% chance to drop a unique item, its modified chance will be 0.2%.

95% of all uniques might be considered as "crap" by you. Are Magefists crap ? What about Occy ? Shako ? Skullder's ? All these are are probably among the top 20-30 of useful unique items.

If you just need unique items, visit Meph. If you have enough of what he can drop, kill Shenk, Eldritch, Pindle and bosses in L85 areas, like Pits, Tunnels, River of Flame, CS, WSK 1-3. If you need runes in particular, killing speed is most important, and as MF doesn't influence rune finds, reduce MF gear until your killing speed doesn't suffer anymore from MF stuff.

Don't expect to ever find enough to get your Enigma paid back.

3. DullBoy30

DullBoy30 IncGamers Member

Lowering your MF is not going to make it more likely that you find anything.

My question is this, how the heck did you get the equipment you do have? Was it a gift? With stuff like that, why do you need to search for other stuff?

Oh, hold on, I get it. You maxed your credit card. My bad.

4. qazxswedc

for starters i dont buy my gear....why the $%^& would i waste my money on a game witch i already spent 2 mutch in buyin in the first place?? i need stuff like coas nightwings shakos helpfull gear i do about 20 runs every so often meth baal pindle etc ..... i think your jelous coz u cant use a enigma or hoto on a mf char?? or if u even have a enigma or hoto for that matter for a comment like that grow up m8 thats all i can say 2 u

Thnx 2 the person who acutally gave me sum helpfull info

5. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

and the flamewar is on. I give it until 20:00 GMT before a mod steps in.

High MF does not guarantee good items, it just increases the chances of an item you find being magical/rare/set/unique. A ton of mf does not increase the chances of a certain base type dropping. I've seen 3 berzerker axes in my last 100 mf runes. whether i have 0 mf or 500 mf, the chance of one of those zerkers being unique is very miniscule.

I think your hammerdin could probably do for a drop in mf to increase it's fcr. That should speed up your runs considerably for relatively cheap items.

If you're only looking for uniques, a drop from 550 mf to 350 mf isn't much of an effective change.

6. qazxswedc

lol @ flamewar! :) just sum lil immature kid beenin a wise a$$ thnx for your help m8

7. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

As everyone said..MF number = increase chance...but those elite unique are TOO RARE to find....like 0.000xxxx % from hell baal...so you are only increasing the chance of "0.000xxxx%"

"LUCK" still dominated, when you are talking about elite uniques....

somehow, i rather suggest you put more FCR for ur killing speed and I also would suggest you bring a few FHR sc...(depends on you, if you think u r fine without any FHR, then thats alrite)

If you want to get good unique by single player game, the most efficient way is using bot.....If you ever saw a bot's record, then you will know they probably get a griffon, nightwing, or other elite good unique every 2 or 3 days with about same MF as you do. "BUT" you know how many run did a bot do? 24 hour, lets say they kill Meph, Pindle, Shrenk, Eldirth in 5 minutes each run (depends on which class they use..but i think 5 minutes is kinda average) They do 280 runs per day for all of them....since you play the game manually..(which is good...thats the game meant to be), its very hard to get those and takes time. (Its not ur problem, thats the game design to be....and thats part of meaning of the game as well).

Fast Cast Rate and Higher Damage help you increase the speed of killing monster, which is better than stick with 500%MF, you should do more 8 ppl baal game and kill baal, that will be a lot easier to get good unique drop for non-robot player (Just you need to play "whose hand faster" with another 7 players).

The other good advantage for fast killing speed is you get more chance on getting good runes and charms...those 2 arnt affect by your MF, and they can turn out to be valuable as well. And you can always trade those for the elite unique you want.

8. DullBoy30

First off, I apologize for the credit card remark. I took a very negative tone, and there was no need.

Second, please, please, please try to write more coherent sentences. It’s very hard to follow what you said.

Third, I still don’t understand how you have come into items such as those you listed, and need help in the MF department. If you acquired them yourself, you must have played for a good amount of time to find such things. If you traded for them, then you still must have played for a good amount of time to acquire the trade bait. If someone gave those things to you, then could you please introduce me?

Fourth, I am not jealous, I’m confused.

9. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

My eyes hurt after reading this.

10. NEURO_CKY

NEURO_CKY IncGamers Member

MUHAHAH!!!

CampKillYourself

11. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

you could do 100+ runs a day with 1000% mf for a few weeks straight and still not find any coas or nightwings..

It's all about luck. If you do not want to take the time to hunt for that stuff, make atrade thread; with the equip you mentioned I'm sure you have plenty to trade for what you need.

12. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

First off, qazxswedc, learn to speak coherently, this is not your little AIM chat.
    Second, DullBoy, no need to comment on how he gets his stuff, especially when the comment is extremely negative. It's his business, not yours.
    To answer the question qazxswedc, it's just all luck. I have almost identical items as you, and my pally sometimes finds uniques left and right, sometimes he gets flawed gems from Hell Meph, so don't worry about it, if you can kill efficiently, don't lower the MF. It does diminish, but the more is also the better, as long as you can kill at pretty much the same speed.
    Also, you may be finding a lot of high level items, however, those high level items are not valuable when it comes to trading, which gives the perception that you have bad luck, but in reality, you are getting all the rare stuff.
    For example, I get a 35 Vipermagi, and you get an Eaglehorn, technically I found something more valuable, you found something of lesser value, in the end, you still have better luck than me, since Eaglehorn is much much rarer than Vipermagi.
    Bottom line, just keep at it, it'll pay off.

13. Legend_Defender

Legend_Defender IncGamers Member

I agree, keep at it and it will pay off. Also mix it up a little try Pits, Icy Cellar, Abaddon and so forth. When I use to attempt to magic find I found best results were when I mixed things up and occasionally tried some different areas......one of the most valuable things I found was a near perfect Maras and that was out of a barrel I kicked in the Mausaleum.....

14. teck21

teck21 IncGamers Member

More runs, more runs and then more runs if you REALLY want to find stuff.

For the rarest highest TC and qlvl items (such as Tyrael's Mights or COAs), it's all about luck.

For everything else, it's all about work. :) And a decent mf %. You will find lots of other mid-highish level stuff such as Skulder's, or Tal's armors, tomb reavers etc (depending on which boss/es you mf).

As 5Ws says, more runs will always pay off in terms of finding stuff.

You will have a hundred times greater a chance of finding any given item from Baal if you do a hundred runs compared with someone who does one (all other things being equal).

The chance of getting something like an Arreats Face or Mighty Ondal's Spired helm from Baal per run is maybe one in so many thousand. So a hundred times more runs WILL always net you a whole bunch of such items when you do ALOT of runs.

But the chances of getting say a Tyrael's Might, from him is like one in like millions, so upping your chances a hundred fold means you have cut your odds of finding one by 2 decimal places. Which isn't very useful cos the odds are still somewhere around zero. :)

In my case, I found a unqiue diadem from Baal three days ago. It's useless to me, but I'm neither trading it nor identifying cos I mf to collect. It's been totally dry (bar one Sazabi's Balrog Skin) since then, and since then for me works out to be about 100 Baal runs.

But I'm fine with that, because I challenge Blizzard to make me go another hundred without giving me anything useful/worth keeping. They will lose. They always do. :)

15. DullBoy30

No need to come in 7 hours after I apologized to slap my wrist either...

It is my business, to some extent because he posted in this forum. When place this question in context with his postings in the trade forum (look for yourself), it seems a little odd. How he gets these things is not irrelevant, otherwise botting would not be looked down on. I'm not saying he uses a bot, or bought that stuff on ebay. I'm just wondering how likely it is that he aquired the things he has and has offered in the trade forums and still had to ask whether or not he should use less MF. Maybe they were gifts. I don't know.

ps (to the original poster, re: sum lil immature kid beenin a wise a$$) I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that I am at least 10 years older than you.

16. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

No need to slap your wrist? I think there is a need. And notice the second quote is AFTER you aplogized. Somebody's gotta point out the wrongs, don't you think? Especially when he himself obviously doesn't realize it.
    If you want to make dumb "make-yourself-look-like-an-idiot" comments every time somebody posts some nice gears, you are more than welcome to do so.
    And guess what, many many people wear the same gears as him, and they once in a while have newbie questions too, what does it mean? Jack ****.
    You are not saying he bought it with money? So then why did you write "maxed your credit card?"
    You are not jealous? If you are not, why are you asking him to introduce you the guy who supposedly gave the items to him?
    Finally, HOW is it your business, do you know him? Do you trade with him? Hell, you didn't even answer his question constructively!
    Althought he posts like he's on AIM, I still think you are 10 years younger than him.

17. DullBoy30

Holy mother of God....

Check your pm's.

18. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

I have no intention of discussing this any further with you, so please, don't bother sending any more PMs, especially when you "estimated" my age AFTER looking at my exact birthday in my profile, and still manage to come up with the wrong answer by about 10 years.

19. NEURO_CKY

NEURO_CKY IncGamers Member

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG...LMAO!!

so help me god i will turn this car right around children!! (sry.....i couldnt help it)

CampKillYourself

20. Legend_Defender

Legend_Defender IncGamers Member

........anyways back on the topic (regardless of what gear he uses)....like I said before try some new areas also...you will be suprised...Baal, Diablo, Meph, Pindle and shenk runs can get quite boring after a while and I feel sometimes you need to try some other areas to keep your interest in the game and like I said before....I found Mara's on one of my old chars by kicking a barrel in the Mausaleum in Act 1 hell near Bloodraven.......

P.S. Guys, come on keep on topic please.....this guy has asked for opinions on MF not his gear.

Peace