Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF places (which is best for me)?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Bakerking31, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

MF places (which is best for me)?

i use my 86 fire sorc to mf, she has good gear, and with all mf stuff on she does around 26000 meteor dmg, so killing with high mf (512% with mf gear) if not a prob. I have done andy, and gotten ALOT of good stuff including 2 soj's, 3 shakos, and 3 skullders and numerous other good uniques. I have tried meph, and i havnt seemed to get much from meph other than a +4 ondals, and some mid uniques. i just started doing pindle runs, and in about 300 runs i have only gotten marrowalks, ... :scratch: (i guess thats all i got that was usefull). Pit runs are out of the question since im all fire, and half the monsters in there are fireimmunes.
    SO my question is, where is the place i as a fire sorc would be best mf'n, i like the # of uniques i get from andy, and since i can run her in 20-40 secs, shes fast, but she cannot drop the better stuff that i am after.

2. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Meph can be done in 30 or less with a blizzard sorc if you skip everything on the way and the stairs happens to be in it's general usualy area. Meph has dropped me a lot of rather useful things in the short time that I run him, Andy wouldn't be too much different so far as drops go.

3. myc

myc Banned

mephisto = MFisto to me

My sorc has 560% mf and does meph runs all the time because it is the fastest way to get good items. Here is a list of things I got from him and his high councils:
    1 spiderweb
    2 mithril coils
    3 occy's
    1 arreat's face
    2 shakos (one of them with 141 defense)
    5 rainbow facets (one of them is a 5 5 death lightning, socket to the shako above)
    2 skill gcs (fire, PnB)
    2 100 pdscs and many good small charms with 20 life or 11 res/5 fhr or 5faster r/w)
    1 stormshield
    1 guardian angel
    1 arkaine's valor
    2 gore riders
    2 dracul's
    many raven frosts and drawf stars
    a whole bunch of skin of viprmagi
    1 eth demon's arch, many non-eth
    whole bunch of titan's revenge
    1 Um rune
    3 lightsabres
    1 Barana's star
    2 alma negra shields
    3 lycander's aim bows
    1 tal's ammy
    too many lidless walls...
    trang's wings, armor, claw
    too many strings of ears...
    too many wiz spikes...
    too many waterwalks
    many jalal's mane

i usually kill meph and all his councils in 1 to 2 mins per run.
    I have no problems with fire immunes becuase my wf merc takes care of them. She does 2.3k dmg per shot after enchant, even when i'm wearing mf gear.

Conclusion:
    Forget andy, screw pit. Do meph, pindleskin and eldrich, save yourself a lot of time.

4. Bakerking31

thanks for the advise i will do meph now instead of the rest, do u think i should do eldritch and pindle while im in game or jus go for meph?

5. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Here's some statistics that might help you decide for yourself:

http://www.rpgforums.net//showthread.php?p=128081

6. Bakerking31

what strategy do u use to take down meph, do u use the moat trick, ... if you do then how do u keep ur merc from running up to mephie and getting killed

7. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

I dont' bother with the minions, Meph has at elast 2-3x better chance to drop me a unique, but minions can drop nice things too, they just take time and sometimes they are immune to your main element focus.

I use a Wizarspike and Magefist to get me over the me a good 70% FCR to teleport through Durance 2. I'm rarely in a spot long enough for anything to hit me casting that fast. I jump right over teh moat and pause at the edge for a second to get Mephy to come down to the middle of that open area, away from the other baddies that someties sit behind him. I then jump right in the middle to meet him head on, cast a Blizzard on him and static him until he's at 50% that just takes two seconds. My merc usually takes some damage that gets close to killing him, but I keep him between me and Meph until Meph is about 1/4-1/8'th life left. I hop to town, heal the merc, grab my Chance Guards and two Nagels and pop down to finish him off in 3-5 seconds. I also nail the chests around the area since they can drop pretty high things.

I used to hop to the right side and take out the Council, but this can lengthen out my stay in Durance 3 a bit since I don't like hydras swarming me while the merc tears into them or can't and ends up dying a lot. My focus is Meph and that can be accomplished in about 30 seconds if you dont have to go to town once and the stairs are really close by.

8. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

I usually just tp down to mephisto head on, run down to the portal 1 second, just enough to get mephisto in the little circle decoration, and then quickly teleport to the right chest corner, and that locks him into place, and he never attacks. and then I just blizzard from there. sometimes this backfires when a immune to cold high lord is around, but thats in 1/100 games

9. Winds_of_Dawn

Winds_of_Dawn IncGamers Member

Sometimes i can pull the moat trick, some times i can't. It doesn't matter he's gonna die in 3 to 4 blizzards. I use act 1 merc wearing wealth and 74%mf helmet. Maybe she can't wear as much mf stuff as Act 2 merc, but she doesn't tank therefore she doesn't die as much. Sometimes meph gets her though; My strategy is I always do elderich and pindleskin first, where my merc can survive easily; then I do meph, end of run.

10. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Since I don't use a sorc to MF, I usually just casually stroll through Glacial Trail and Drifter Cavern (lvl 83 and 84 respectively) to do my MF. Flayer Jungle was my former MF stomping grounds, but it is only a lvl 80 area, so I figured I'd try something new. Got a bit tired of running The Pits.