Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mf places for blizz sorcs?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Ilumm, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Ilumm

Ilumm IncGamers Member

Mf places for blizz sorcs?

I am talking about a pure blizz sorc with no other elements and low-normal gear(top gear for what i am aiming would be tal rasha full set).

I read a couple of guides but none went into detail about it.

What i know:

Meph Hell can be done (certainly) and easy (moat trick).
    Pindle can be done(but how many times does he spawn immune to cold).
    Ancient Tunnels Act 2 can be done.

I don't know if you can do Andy hell or any other bosses(pindle,niktlak or what his name is,lister).

I also suppose that you can Rush as far as hellforge at most.

Any other advices regarding this build are welcome as well as a couple of tips regarding block against no block (25dex vs 200dex).

Edit: My thoughts exactly Locke07 :D. Ty for the comparison also.That was my plan but i wasn't sure.Now i am. :D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  2. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

Re: Mf places for blizz sorcs?

Meph and Andy are quite easy. Pindle as well, but I find he isn't really worth the time, and if he is CI your merc can easily kill him though.

Anceint tunnels is a great place to MF Found Mavs armor there this season.

That's all I really do. You really find there are no other places you need to do.
    As to Dex vs Vitality. I normally would say Max block, but since the introduction of Spirt, it makes Max Vitality builds nice. That's what I did this latter, I have 156 strength and the rest vitality. The stats on the Spirt Monarch are totally worth it might I add.

3. Frenzied Muffin

Frenzied Muffin IncGamers Member

Well I'm a returning player and went pure blizzard for the MFing. While I plan to remake a lighting MFer (once I get 2 Ber runes and rest of Tal's set) right now I have been doing 3 guys.

My runs go like this:

Hit Countress
    Hit Summoner
    Hit Mephy

Countress will be your hardest fight because well... they are all cold immune. To get around this you need a pretty good merc mine has a Insight crpytic axe + lvl 84 defensive act2 guy and can 3-4 shot the mobs guarding countress. Upside so this is #1 the boss and her mobs are the only cold immunes in that whole area and #2 if your MF sucks it doesn't matter for this mob she is a Rune/Key dropper (though I did get a shako from her somehow).

Summoner is a cake walk the only thing you have to be careful of is the lighting traps 2 or 3 of those close together can gib you pretty fast if you don't have 75 light res (which you probably don't) anything else is easily avoided. I just tele up to summoner and ice blast him about 4 times and he dies. Summoner is done purely for the key he drops and I haven't gotten a good item from him in the 100+ runs I've done on him.

Mephy you should know how to do. Only thing that sucks about mephy is my merc sometimes will get gibbed (I need him for countress) so I usually have my merc tank mephy and if he does die I proceed to moat him. Mephy loot should net enough gold for your merc's death cost anyway.

Nith is a no go btw (cold immune hell) I attempted him and though it took my merc a good 15-20 minutes to weed down the MANY mobs around nith it was doable but the time it took was just not worth it. I only run nith if one of my friends are dual mfing. I hit mephy+summoner and they do nith usually we meet up at the countress.

Hell andy is easy I did her a few times my merc eats her poison like its nothing but I don't like doing her over and over.

Pindle is a no go for me also once you run nith the portal closes if you do do nith MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE WP! or you cant get back to nith and will need to bum the WP from someone.

Dex is dumb and you WILL need the vit.
    Energy shield is dumb you WILL die from no mana.

As for rushing you are right I have not the greatest gear and i can do nm + hell fairly easily although Hell forge I need to reroll for the no cold immune mobs.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  4. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

My blizz sorc's mf run: Andy, Mephy, Pindle, Ancient Tunnels, Cows, Countess and Summoner. Countess is always cold/fire immune and her minions are cold immune but a little static and it doesn't take long for merc to kill them. I've only had one run I had to abort at summoner when his area was too full of cold immune ghoul lords.

5. Hypnosx

Hypnosx IncGamers Member

I just came back to diablo 2 after maybe 4 or 5 years and made a pure blizz sorc starting about a week ago. I'm lvl 80 or so now and I easily run hell meph and ancients tunnels. My gear isn't very good.. I use a ptopaz socketed tarnhelm, a 45ish% MF ammy, stealth armor, spirit sword, rhyme shield, chance guards, 2 nagelrings, and some rare boots with a little MF on them... I sub in a 10% FCR rare ring to get over the 63% FCR breakpoint when I tele through durance 2.

I'm still trying to find a 4os or 0os (to use with larzuk quest) monarch to make my 2nd spirit, hopefully that will come soon.

Ancient tunnels is a breeze, meph himself is a joke but sometimes you do randomly die in durance by teleporting into a big pack, especially if you have any lag

I havn't tried hell cows yet but since I just killed baal and got matriarch I think I'm going to try it solo today and hope for that 4os or 0os monarch

6. Frenzied Muffin

Frenzied Muffin IncGamers Member

Ah it's Ancient Tunnels!! I guess the person I talked to had that confused with Ancients Way or something.

I was teleing all over Act 5 looking for the dang thing turns out it's in Act 2! Cant wait to add that to my Countress, Summoner, and Mephy runs! Thanks for the info.

7. KTang

KTang <font color="#93ad4f">Official Diablo 3 Item Value

I do in order:

Andy
    Ancient Tunnels
    Summoner
    Mephisto
    Pindle
    Occasionally Nithalak
    Soon to be, Baal

KT

8. Ilumm

Ilumm IncGamers Member

So thank you all for your answers but i do have a couple more questions:

1) Do you do more than one place in the same server? I suppose yes because this way you can avoid the temporary connection problem..

2) Can anyone direct me to a good blizz sorc guide because i read 3 or 4 and none where that in-depth.

Ty again.

9. Fallen_62

Fallen_62 IncGamers Member

Here's a guide about a budget mf sorc for bugged meph drops. The bug still works, too. And yes, you will want to do the areas in the same game.