Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF No Drop rule?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by hacgumyu, Apr 16, 2008.

1. hacgumyu

hacgumyu IncGamers Member

MF No Drop rule?

I would like to know how do no drop rule apply in MF games. Let say I have some unique rings such as SOJ, BK, Ravenfrost... in my stash chest, will it affect my chance of not getting any unique rings from act bosses?

Also what is the cause of sometime the act bosses didn't drop any thing? like no magical, no rare, no set or unique at all just dropped some golds and white normals, but my MF gears total over 500%.

thanks

2. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Re: MF No Drop rule?

Having certain rings in your inventory doesn't affect anything, that was back in 1.10 or something a while ago.

500% MF doesn't mean anything, you can have 1500MF and still not get any good gear. Its just probability.

3. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

What bosses doy you talk about?
    Random bosses always drop 1 item with at least magical quality (unless this item happens to be a rune or gem)
    Superuniqe bosses drop two items with at least magical quality (unless this item happens to be a rune or gem)
    Act bosses can drop no items or only junk, but it's very rare and mostly happens with Andariel or Duriel in solo games. (Non-bugged Andariel has around 1:500 odds to drop no item at all), however if they drop a base item which can have at least magic quality, it will be at least magic too.
    Only some superunique bosses like for example Griswold can drop items with lesser quality than magical.

4. hacgumyu

I was soloing Andy with my MF sorcress, she drop no blue, only white, sometime it gives a gem. I think it's not my lucky day.

At level 80, I knew I should MF in Hell act bosses, but I find the NM meph or baal drop better average. did I MF in a wrong place or solo is not a good idea for MF?

5. synx

synx Diablo: IncGamers Member

Farm keys.

Mfing is absolutely terrible compared to keyfarming as far as building wealth goes.

6. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

You may have gotten more drops but I guarantee all those uniques are worthless or sell for pgems. Seeing more uniques drop doesn't matter when only 20% of the uniques in the game are even worth something.

7. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Soloing when MFing is a good idea (at least all items you find are yours). Andariel doesn't drop less than magical quality. When you say she drop white items, do you mean gold, potions, arrows, scrolls? Those can't be "magical".
    Andariel is known to be bugged - when the character speaks to Warriv in the same game you first killed her, she will allways drop in the future as you kill her for the first time - without junk like gold, scrolls, arrows. Non-bugged Andariel is well-known for having high odds to drop junk as gold, scrolls, arrows, potions, so it's possible that you compare non-bugged Andariel drops to much sweeter bugged Andariel drops which you are probably used to.

NM Meph and Baal drop with the same odds as Hell Meph and Baal (in terms of no-drop, gold drop, equip drop), but Hell bosses can drop from larger variety of items including lot of elite items which don't have set or unique versions. So you can get lower numbers of uniques and sets, but you can also get elite uniques sometimes or better amulets.

8. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

1. that was back in the old days. long before 1.10.
    2. having a high amount of mf makes it a higher probability that the certain uniques will drop, still you'll have to grind a lot for them.
    3. There's something about self found items. Building wealth is not everything.

4. There's alot of magicals that have value too, JMoD, Jewelers [insert armor here] of the whale/stabilty and so on, not to mention rares.

Just don't give the advice about MF sucks because it's easier to get wealthy doing key farming. Not everyone are after wealth.

- D.J.

Edit: what I mean is that if someone asks a question about MF answer his/her question about MF and not tell him/her that MF sucks.

9. henrique

henrique IncGamers Member

I agree with synx.

I find that in terms of building wealth, running for keys is a lot better, as they drop quite often and one keyset is worth a pul. And you also get some nice runes from the countess sometimes ;). Oh and the summoner dropped me a soj the other day. So it's still mfing at the same time.

Also, he didn't say mf sucks, he just said it's terrible compared to key farming, as far as building wealth goes

10. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

When did this thread turn to a "How to get wealthy quick" thread? The OP just wanted an answer about some MF questions.
    Terrible or sucks, it's almost synonyms, terrible is just an polite way of saying sucks.

- D.J.

11. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

The Ops question wasn't about how to find good self found items either, the whole point of this thread was if having certain rings changes the drop rates of other rings and if his andy was bugged. But forums are for discussion for a reason.

12. hacgumyu

the discussion did went out of topic... It's nice to hear from people's advise on wealth building, but at my early stage of MF I'm fine with soloing andy, meph and baal until I got bored.

thanks anyway to all contributed