Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mf meph andy and baal help

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by bengoin, May 27, 2005.

1. bengoin

bengoin IncGamers Member

mf meph andy and baal help

ok was thinking about a meteor sorc but what level would this kill baal in at at comfotably? im guessing that it would be able to handle andy and meph easy enough? and what other skills would u need to max meteors damage?

tia

2. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

I use my CL sorc to clear the way to Hell Baal, get him down to a sliver of life, and then use my Meterorb sorc with 9xxMF to bring him down - works like a charm, and she has about lev 30 Meteor...that may not help you much, but it's my strategy!

3. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

Andy is difficult sometimes because she has the Tainted Ones (those lightning dogs) that kills me so fast I don't even know what hit me. If you could get your resist high enough, it may not be a problem, but I haven't been able to get around it. The Fallen Ones down there are also annoying because they block your fireballs. Chances are that you won't be using Meteor against Andy.

Meph is easy, just do the moat trick and he'll fall in a minute or so, however, make sure you wear Rising Sun to ignore the Council's hydras (they actually heal you).

I would oppose doing Baal because of the high amounts of fire immunes down there, so unless you have a merc with Infinity, I don't think it's a good idea.

Overall, if you wanted to do all 3 of them, I think a Blizzard/Orb would be better off because of their abilities to lower their resistance.

4. bengoin

bengoin IncGamers Member

u use 2 sorcs for the job? doesnt that take time? or u have 2 comps set up as well?

5. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

It does take time - however, I have found Ists, Ums, Nightwing, Eth Col Voulge and numerous other things while clearing the way. By far the best items have come from the inhabitants of Worldstone Keep. Like I said - I have close to 1000% MF, and Baal has yet to drop anything worth keeping! So I don't mind using two chars to do it - and I do have Infinity, so the Lightning Immunes (other than gloams) are no problem at all!

For Andy - I just let the Chain Light do its thing. I found my meteorb sorc was only good for NM Andy (she's the one with the high MF) due to the fire immunes...

6. bengoin

bengoin IncGamers Member

what are these gloams? i heard it a few time but dont have a clue what it is.

7. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

They are the white spirits that shoot lightning at you and are invisible when they are moving. I think you first see them in act 3, and you see more of them in act 4, usually in Plains of Despair.

They are bugged so that if they shoot the lightning at you and it hits, it will hit you several times instead of just once (like it's supposed to), that's why most people will die by them. You will see people die like flies in Hell worldstone by them, sometimes called Gloams, sometimes called Burning Souls, but they are pretty much the same thing.

8. bengoin

bengoin IncGamers Member

oh ye i know what u mean. thanks for all the info

9. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

oh i didnt kno they hit more than once..makes me feel better about dyin all the time lol

10. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

Imho, a single-tree fire sorc is a poor choice for running baal, since the entire Lister pack is immune. Given a merc with godly gear you might be able to take them down, unless they spawn with insane mods (good luck for any merc facing a fanatic/cursed Lister).
    I run Baal sometimes with my meteorb, she can do it, all right.
    Mephy/Andy: what said above. Running Andy i usually let my merc draw the crowd around her, than finish her really fast with fire spells (she is susceptible to them).
    All in all though, if i wanted a single tree sorc, i would probably pick blizzard over meteor.

11. bengoin

bengoin IncGamers Member

well after looking at all the build in the sorc guide thread i am thinking about another build. cl/fo. what u think to that

12. Angel_Dusted

Angel_Dusted IncGamers Member

Just to clarify, they don't hit you multiple times, they just add their physical damage to their lightning attacks.

13. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

That's not a bad setup - my regret is that I put too much into FO - I would say that Blizzard works better than FO, because you can do the moat trick with Meph using blizzard, but not FO. As well, with Baal's minions, you can use Lightning and Blizzard at the same time - more effective range... just my $.02

14. yelopen

yelopen IncGamers Member

sorry for being a noob, but what's the moat trick?

15. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

moat trick - it's a way to kill Mephisto safely with a weeker ranged character.
    You just teleport yourself across the moat and move your character to position where Meph is on the edge of screen. He can't get to you, because the bridge is between you and him, and he doesn't shoot his orb or lightning if you are far enough, while you can still target him with meteors/blizzards.

16. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Anything Baal should use Blizzard IMO.

My Blizzard/Lightning sorc butchers Baal, Andariel is usually no issue either, cold + lightning does a pretty good job at killing her minions and one'o'one she's a breeze, Mephisto is a laugh with blizzard. :)

CB/Blizzard 4LYFE!

17. yelopen

yelopen IncGamers Member

Hrus

but aren't there council members on the other side of the moat? :(
    i'm a lightning sorc :(