Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF makes me sick

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Cerebron, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

MF makes me sick

I know a lot people are going to curse me with dec, CE me, PN me, or whatever, but I have to say

THE MF PART OF D2X MAKES ME SICK

The game is fun. Everybody agrees. But the MF idea is ridiculous. I posted a thread on MF several days ago. Vizier replied with a scientific report on his MF experience. I am soooooo impressed. Here it is.

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=128081

I can't emphasize on how much I appreciate Vizier's effort into this research. Many thanks, Vizier.

However, I don't think this is fun. Diablo is supposed to be fun, right? Let's do some calculations here,

Pindle, Eldritch, shenk, pits count as one run. This should take at least 30min. Everybody's cool on that? 30min/run * 100 runs = 50 hours.

50 hours * $5.50/hr = $275. Go to ebay. Someone is selling the REALLY godly gear for $80. That gear would take you 1000 runs to collect if they are not dupes.

The fun part of the game is priceless, and most working experiences are horrible. But I don't see how this [crazy MF] is better than frying fries in McDonald's. I'm tired of it. Now I can feel the Pit is really dark.

I want to stop MFing. I've got some crappy items, but they are good enough for me. From now on, I decide to help new players beat quests and level up. How about just stay in Rogue Encampment and chat? I feel so much better on doing that.

I know many people have already been offended. But maybe someone would agree with me. Speak up please.

2. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I used to enjoy MF but now it bugs me, but everything about diablo bugs me now, I guess thats why I quit

3. Cerebron

If 95% of D2X is MF, then I like this forum 1000% better than the game.

4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I think its been established that I like these forums better than the game, I'd be lvl99 if my posting fervor was given to the game instead

5. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

Why are you complaining about mfing so much?

1. Blizzard has specifically stated multiple times that mf is intended to be equipped along with regular equipment for regular gameplay (i.e. questing). This is just like people saying that they hate how some builds are non-negatable in pvp... bliz didn't care about pvp (still don't), it's the gamers themselves that make it into a big deal.

2. if you don't like to mf, don't. No one is pointing a gun at your head and telling you to do so. If you are jealous/unhappy or whatever because you don't have the most uber items, well that's your own damn fault. You can always get items off of ebay or get 1 semi-decent item from regular questing and trade up in the trade channels.

3. If you're unhappy with mfing, and unhappy that you don't have good items if you don't mf... then you're unhappy with the game. Uh, so then why are you playing it? Don't come complaining that mf sucks when there's no reason to do it other than self efficacy.

/rant

--fatty

6. Cerebron

I'm not unhappy with anything. I'm not saying "MFing is pointless and everyone should stop it." Neither am I upset with my current gear. Even though I'm newb, I know I shouldn't complain if I didn't find Enigma after 50 Pit runs.

This is a forum. What I'm doing is at best introducing a new way to play the game: playing with other people instead of solo MFing. At worst, it is a regret that most people don't have that much leisure time to solo 3~4 hours a day to find the good items.

Blizz is no fault. I agree that godly items should take awhile to find. I'm just saying I'm not interested in them that much.

Also, I agree with Ash Housewares. I feel like I play Diablo only for this forum.

Good luck for those MF lovers. Seriously and honestly, GOOD LUCK :)

7. SoulTaker

SoulTaker IncGamers Member

hmmm....
    iv always been a pretty poor player,i started to mf like a month ago and every time i got the chance i would mf, no quests, no lvling, no tothing...mf, more mf, more mf, more mf, more mf...then one day i got out of it...i think its alrigt cuz im decent with items..i can trade for high lvl items pretty easy(but yet il never get a soj with wut i have) but im happy with it, if your poor mf, i persoanly dunt think its a horrible experiance or nething, i think it made my future playing more fun, IE: iv made my first 2 "godly"(item wise) charecters...but i find myself wanting on my next charecter to go untwinked...in now that i think about , everything i said here im contradicting...mf is 50% 50% for me...
    prolly wunt do it for a long time tho...

8. Privater

Privater IncGamers Member

Every one has a different fun in the game.
    Some like to pk some to make mf runs some to help others and last and not least to pvp.
    Thta is just the beauty of this game that you can do so many diferent things .
    Ps forgot to mension the trading part another nice qaspect of the game.

9. SoulTaker

listen to him...
    his words reminds me of jesus,

10. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

His word remind me of Pink Saturday in Amsterdam.

MF-ing is something that I don't do specifically. I hate it when I need to equip an item for a build. If I can't play untwinked, I don't play. So I do not have MF issues.

11. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

I must say that I feel pretty much the same way as Mantis. Just recently though, through tagging along on some meph runs, for a just a few hours, just one night, I feel a bit differently now.

It's actually very easy to get good items on b.net, you just have to be humble enough to do like everyone else does to get said items. Same with leveling. Same with PvP.

Mfing only sucks when you ain't gettin' anything out of it. I recomend you find yourself a sorceress Mf freind (or make your own sorc), Cerebron, and run Hell meph for a while. I guarantee you'll start to collect good items for use and trade immediately. At least I did.

Necros are good for Mf but they can't begin to touch the sorceress in speed and efficiency on Hell meph. Neither can any other character w/o Enigma.

You play on West Cerebron?

12. Dazze

Dazze IncGamers Member

The necro is the one char i've found to be most relaxing mf:ing with. Just sit back let the minions kill a few off, a lil bang bang if it gets crowded, press alt check whats on the ground. I enjoy takin my necro on chaos sanct runs far more than doin meph runs with my sorc.

But thats just me. ;)

13. Logic_X

Logic_X IncGamers Member

Heh......i feel so out of the loop lol - blame it on the comp lol - but this is the first time in like forever I've seen the necro considered even remotely competitive with a sorceress in mf (by anyone except me :D).

I've always enjoyed mf'ing with a necro, even though in 1.09 you'd get those people who are like "j00 suckz mf0rz with a s0rc noob" and the such...glad to see we're making a come back (sorry if I sound like a reminiscent guy who has never played 1.10 - but my comp died soon after 1.10 came out, gimme a break - and I won't be able to really play it until about a month from now).

As for my stand on playing...hmm

I hate trading, and have since SoJs were first coming into their right as "currency" back in the day - have no earthly idea what the current "currency" is or if it's reverted to the good ol' Barter system (which I enjoyed while it was still feasable)

MF is ok, I prefer doing mf with a friend, that way we could sit back and chat while racking up items (I was usually support, as I am more inclined to think of d2 as "a chat room where you can kill stuff" - but I was able to be the main killer if I wanted :p). - Solo I'd usually slip into one of my lazyman characters (mind you it was 1.09 since I did a dedicated mf run)- Berzerker Shaeferbarb, Defensive Sorc, and good ol MFNecro :) (Was Summon/Spirit - I'm assuming I'll probably need to choose one or the other for my 1.10 MFNecro :evil: ).

PvP is another thing I don't like doing beyond just casual play - I can fight, but I'm not one to be looking for it.

--------

I think I'm a casual player who plays too much :teeth:

but that's just me....peace.

14. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

I dunno....maybe it's just me, but i find MFing as much fun as it is infuriating. I like the chancey part of it, and I like when I hit it big with a nice item that I've been hoping would drop for days.

Yea, it's frustrating at times, but I think the payoff can be very rewarding, and certain areas are challenging to run, making it even more fun to play. If you combine your MFing with regular gameplay....the game can still be enjoyable.

-X

15. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

Ahh, I misunderstood. I guess it was late, and i'm used to too many "MF SUXX0|2Z" posts in the community forum. :embarrass

For some, the mf aspect of the game is casual, and for some it is frantic. I tend toward the more casual side I think, but I have been both at times. However, I do use a sorc for mf, and I still find it very enjoyable. Sometimes I enjoy mfing much more than I do questing.

For most of my characters (I do almost all pvm play) they dont need the most uber of items, although it's always fun to make them better. But once I DO obtain enough wealth so I'm able to make a decent pvp character, its' fun to do that as well.

Usually when I get on bnet, I mf a bit, quest a bit, and talk to friends more than anything :D

--fatty

16. goneil

goneil IncGamers Member

"Pindle, Eldritch, shenk, pits count as one run. This should take at least 30min. Everybody's cool on that? 30min/run * 100 runs = 50 hours."

I have to appoligize, but im not "cool" with that. I used to do Pinddy Eld/Shenk runs and they only took me 3 minutes max. I now do Pit runs and I can easily do those in under 10 minutes. So id say a run would take a total of 10-15 minutes.

I agree with you on the fact that selling items on ebay is ridiculous, and i feel that the people who try to turn this game into a business are ruining the game. I dont think ive found anyone who enjoys those lvl1 bots that join your game. Anyone who plays in pub games knows what im takling about. Those ones advertise their website where they are either selling you gear or sending you trojans.

As far as MF goes I think it is probably the only reason I still play this game. I know that if you do to many they can get tedious and boring. But I find it fun to do a few every once in a while. My heart always skips a beat when a see a gold or green lettered item drop in the pit. When the day comes when finding gold lettered Collusus blades, Monarchs, or Hydra bows isnt fun then ill quit.

17. SoulTaker

ne pop ups or bots or ne thing that pisses me off in the process of advertising i refuse to use...

18. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

MFing is fun, not because you get ub3r 1337 g34rz, but because, well...I suppose it's something to do :D

The thrill you get when your skellies are hacking Meph down and there is only a sliver of life left, when the countess bursts and the smoke flies everywhere while your giddy finger is reaching for the alt button, or when you say, oh sh*t, that bone archer just dropped me a stormsheild remains unmatched for the most part. I think it adds fun to the game for those that wish to embrace it, and the best part of all is that it's unpredictable. The unpredictability is what keeps me sticking to diabloii, I can tell you that i'd quit long ago if I used freakin maphack.

On the first week of ladder I was helping a friend out in nightmare, and he had to step away from the computer for a minute so I said, "what the hell, I'll just do a meph run for fun." Meph dropped me an isenharts case, but one of the blunderbores dropped me a pair of 47% war travs on the way up. :D

19. nataku00

nataku00 IncGamers Member

To be honest, MF'ing is the one thing that brought me back to this game. I recently started playing again after a lengthy quit period due to 1.10 and it's many new items. As has been stated earlier, I enjoy the rush of finding a gold or a green item when I run whatever I decide to run. And it allows me to build whatever character I want to build since I'm able to equip them all well. Some might not have the patience that I have with mf'ing (i've lvled my sorc in 1.10 from lvl 92-95 doing solo mf runs against pindle/meph/pits/other), but it's the main part of the game i enjoy. Besides, the game is repetitive no matter how you put, no matter how many different builds of characters you make. Each person finds different parts of it fun and MF'ing is 'fun'. (especially when you find stuff you want :D)

20. Boooyakasha

Boooyakasha IncGamers Member

MF is actually the ultimate challenge in the game to me. Wearing as little godly items but as high MF items as possible, clearing through the level 85 (Worldstone etc) areas in a 8 players game solo and facing the boss. If my friend is online then we would team up to run. This is challenging and testing your skill to the limit as most of the time you will be one hit killed, yet trying to clear the levels as fast as possible. He would be a Sorc without fast cast and I am a Barb without leech and 0 Defense most of the time and both resist are in negative area. We actually found more godly items from the champions than Baal himself.

To me it is far more fun than doing countless Baal run, or facing those noobs on BNet that 'order' you to help them. In fact you can hardly find a game to have fun in, where the list is populated with Need this Offer that, while the only actual games you can join to play are either Baal run, or people trying to rush through the acts.