Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mf light sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by SucksAtDiablo, Apr 14, 2008.

1. SucksAtDiablo

SucksAtDiablo IncGamers Member

Mf light sorc?

First off, I need to tell you. I AM A NOOB. That's why my account is named this way XD.

Now to my question. I hear light sorcs are good mfers. I really want to make one that can run most bosses (pindle, meph, andy, etc.) and be versatile (so I dont get bored.) Is lightning the way to go? If so, use energy shield or no?

By the way, I am USEast Ladder. Thanks :)

EDIT: If I was to say I needed to build up some wealth, since Im not the richest player out there, would that make a difference? Thanks :)

2. governedbyvoices

governedbyvoices IncGamers Member

Re: Mf light sorc?

Pure light sorcs combined with an Infinity merc are easily the most versatile mfing sorcs - you can kill pretty much anything. Really fast. But without an Infinity merc (assuming you can't afford Ber Mal Ber Ist), a hybrid, or blizz sorc for andy/meph, is probably the way to go.

3. SucksAtDiablo

Hm, I really wanna go light...Maybe I can run bosses for a while to get to afford infinity? Or is this unrealistic?

4. SucksAtDiablo

By the way, I already have some decent gear...

Occy, Lidless, Spirit Crystal Sword, Viscaderunt, Rite of Passage, Shako, Chancies, Magefist, and Spirit Shroud

5. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

It is unrealistic. Unless you have several hours per day and lotsa patience it'll take you much time until MFing that runes. IMO non-Infinnity Lightning sucks for Hell. I made that mistake last ladder. A cookie-cutter Meteorb kills as fast if not faster than pure Lightning, is cheaper and more versatile. If you hate cookie-cutter you can go for Blizzball instead. Pure Blizzard and pure Orb with max Teleport are also alternatives if you're used to teleport as a means of travel/enemy avoidance...

6. SucksAtDiablo

Bleh, that does seem more realistic...Though I already got my light sorc to level 12 lawl. Guess I gotta xfer gear again XD.

7. ToeBasher

ToeBasher IncGamers Member

True, lightning sorcs arent exactly good in hell without the infinity runeword. But, looking at the equiptment you already have, you could use them for now and maybe later you'll be lucky and find those runes. Run some bosses, you'll be liekly to find several decent items. Save up and trade those items for the item you wish to possese. what im saying is that don't let some weapon make you lose interest in that character. besides, once you get infinity, the time you wasted will be well worth it and you'll be out damaging the other sorcs out there. Stay patient!

8. TitanKid

TitanKid IncGamers Member

An Infinity is definitely preferred, but my light sorc does just fine without it. My mercenary uses an insight and a crappy one at that (only 400 something damage) and hell is not a problem for me. He does enough damage to take out the light immunes with ease for me. I use a shako, spirit, eschutas (with light facet), tal armor, tal belt, and tal ammy, two nagel rings for mf purposes, chancies, and war travs. Charms are pretty important as well, i was fortunate enough to get a hellfire and an anni from some friends of mine. So what im saying is, even if you cannot afford an infinity (neither can i) you can still make it through with a light sorc, mine does 17k with lightning. I also found a perfect Gheeds that helps out a bit. If you were on West i would try to help you out in game but obviously i can't. Good luck with your sorc.

9. dakotaN

dakotaN IncGamers Member

i think best for andy , meph and pindle is blizz with merc.
    i think lighting are more for keyruns ...

10. deepfreez

deepfreez IncGamers Member

It's all about luck really. I started a new light sorc 1 month ago. I had an infi eth cv after 1-1.5 week playing around 10 hours / week. My luck was a SoJ dropping from NM Andy (Andariel seems to have high ring/amu dropping chances) and rolling a PC GC +31 life skiller the 2nd week.

So you can gamble on it and go for it. Even without Infinity you can still easily do NM Mephi/Dia/Baal and Hell Andy/Countess and find enough items to gather up the runes needed to make Infinity, selling all items you find and cubing your runes up as you go.

As an experienced pure Blizz mf sorc (over 3 years of playing) it's my first ever Light sorc and i must say it's not necessarily _better_ than a cold sorc, but faster on particular bosses. Especially Hell Diablo, Nithalak and Baal. That is where the real items drop :)

Though a cold sorc doing Andy/Mephi/Pindle/Foothills runs are much faster and give more uniques, even though the items are probably of a lower value.