Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF legitimate amount for PIT RUNS?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Hypnectic, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Hypnectic

Hypnectic IncGamers Member

MF legitimate amount for PIT RUNS?

Im just curious about MF'ing in the Pit, I use my PVP char sometimes when dueling gets boring. I use...

+ shako
    + 30% nagel
    + 40% chancies
    + Enigma
    + Rhyme with +2 revive
    --------------------------
    ----> = 230% MF at clvl 85

So basically is 230% enough to find 1337 rares in The Pit?
    I know they made some changes to MF in the 1.10 patch but I am unaware of what changes were actually made. In addition to finding uniques I want Runes...High Lvl ones at that :drool: any suggestions there. I do have my own methods for attaining High lvl runes but its kinda cheesey. I'll share after you do :lol: .

l-lyP/\/3cT!c.

2. Hypnectic

ha!

yes im actually trying to find One-thousand three hundred thirty-seven Uniques ...O.K!!!! :surprise:

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

As with all things MF it is luck. The amount of MF you have is what most people wear around 300. But don't forget that the chance of 1337 Id4mz dropping is very small even with a lot of MF.

4. Hypnectic

k but...

ty mantis, but on my first few runs I found that ethereal axe, havent id'd it yet. But the principle of finding that made me wanna do more runs. Anyway is that axe worth anything? maybe I can pawn it off for a rune or sumthing.

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Don't know anything about prices.

6. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

That gear looks great. You might want to put a few things on your ActII mercenary (assuming you have one), as well. If you're really rich, throw on a Tomb Reaver (55-80% MF). If you're not, put on a Meat Scraper (25%). You'll need to put an Amn in the Tomb Reaver if you don't have LL from another source.

Also, I'm not sure if MF affects rune drops. I got a Lem with a developing character wearing 0%MF but still have never found one with my +400%MF Summoner.

By the way, the +400%? Almost no change from 300%. I have since reduced it back to 300%. The one thing I did notice is that my drops on the high end were slightly more frequent, having recently gotten a Storm Shield with it. However, increase of MF has meant, as it always does, the increase of % chance to die by elemental damage. On this front, I tend to agree with MM. Machiavelli said that half of ruling a city is under our control, and the other half is subject to Fortune. I suppose half of MF is up to us, as well. After all, I got a Shaftstop with a different 0%MF character from doing Hell Andy runs for experience.

7. Hypnectic

merc gearz

yes my merc has sweet gear. he even has back up dueling gear. lol.

-Ptopaz'd ethereal skullders
    -08 gaze 8/8/25 with 40%ed/15 max jewel
    -currently using Artioc Needle (or whatever) for +4 skills

so he adds over 100% MF to the kills. So if I let him kill the Unique monsters I get about 440-455% MF. Not bad right?

HyP.

8. the_sultan

the_sultan IncGamers Member

runedrops are not affected by mf, at least that's what everybody told me.

9. MrPipes

MrPipes IncGamers Member

MF has absolutely nothing to do with rune drops. Something like 14 billion El's for every Zod, so good luck.

Ethereal Edge Silver-Edged Axe isn't worth much...maybe 5-10 pgems. It should/could be worth more, but it isn't. Besides...I've semi-lost faith in the pits. I'd rather run Baal or some kind of act boss with lots of baddies along the way. As everyone knows, you need to run the pits hundreds of times to get the great uniques everyone talks about. I did several hundred countless runs with my MF Strafazon, but the best item I got was a Gladiator's Bane. Go figure. I'd rather play the game and do quests and whatever, and get my items that way. I've found two pairs of 44 and 47 War Trav's with my Hammerdin in Act 4. :rant:

10. jmprockstar

I've gotten some good items in the Pit, including a second Trang Belt, a Tomb Reaver, and a high dex Ravenfrost. Those are the recent ones, at least. WSK/Baal is more reliable, but the Pits are good to do because they're fast. I actually now clear the levels 2 and 3 of the WSK instead of rushing to Baal. I got a Nat's Claw, IK maul, Trang armor, and a few other good drops on the way to Baal, who half the time (while I wear +400%) drops some gold and a magical cestus.

I clear the WSK, that is, so long as lvl 2 doesn't have black souls and lvl 3 doesn't have oblivion knights. I skip to the way down if either level has those highly undesirable monsters.

11. jmprockstar

To justify my previous mostly OT response, let me just mention that the mercenary does have great MF gear. :)

12. Hypnectic

Super Secret Stuffz

psst over here...

I'll let you in on a little secret that I believe is true, perhaps this has been in discussion before, although I have never seen any posts regarding what I'm about to tell you.

I have created a game with my lvl9 dueler :lol: and wait a few minutes until the game will stay up when I leave. Then Re-enter with my Mf-Bonecro. I had made the lvl9 dueling assassin in.09, thats why she can create hell games. I find that if the game is created by a low level character with absolutely no quests done in hell, that the MF is crazy, there is oodles of Boss monsters running around plus the actual bosses themselves ie Meph, D, Baal etc..drop insane things, magical/rare/unique...obviously this is only speculation but from my experiences doing this to MF has favored me, and favored me quite well :clap: Found some crazy gear. Hiyo! But not everyone has a lvl 9 in hell, so feel free to flame me for this or praise me I honestly dont care. It seems to be working so why let a good thing like that go to waste.

hYp.

13. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

I run my lvl 89 HC wind Mf druid yes druids can mf hehe anyway i run anicent tunnels in act2 closest wp is lost city it looks like a sewer but lvl 85 monsters a few bosses and a golden chest.
    i did a bout 100 runs just lvl to my merc, with 365% mf on i found 2 death fathoms unid still ik armor,cham from the chest heaps of gems cause im rerolling gcs and scs from baal

14. Hypnectic

mmmk but howz

Rerolling charms, i have heard but never experimented with it.
    3 perf gems + charm + xmute = new charm right?
    If I'm wrong plz correct me. thnx.

Hyp.