MF-ing For The Realistic Ones.

LunaKrystal

Diabloii.Net Member
MF-ing For The Realistic Ones.

We've seen loads, even tons of posts on how many uber itme drops there have been in Hell "Pits". But the truth is, when you're just starting off, whether you be a Sorc, Barb or cheesy Hammerdin... You start off as nothing. Zlitch. Nada. So..

Anyone care to share some places of interests, to Mf for low levels, to build up our wealth at the green of our career, instead of fantasising on the future too far to comprehend ?

:worship:

Ryshenron

Diabloii.Net Member
meph runs..he drops stuff fast...i think i ahve the perfect amount(266mf)..ive ahd a luck streak ever siince i started running him..ive filled three mules up with items in a week and a half...of useful stuff, including some new elite uniques and old goodies like gaze and bartucs.....seriously, ull be happy

Metallica4life07

Diabloii.Net Member
Make sure you do your hellforge quest. I was lucky enough to get a Ist my second time, which I traded for Tal's Armor. After you get your first piece of dream equipment your mfing just seems to be a lot better and you will build up more and more useful stuff.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
LunaKrystal said:
We've seen loads, even tons of posts on how many uber itme drops there have been in Hell "Pits". But the truth is, when you're just starting off, whether you be a Sorc, Barb or cheesy Hammerdin... You start off as nothing. Zlitch. Nada. So..

Anyone care to share some places of interests, to Mf for low levels, to build up our wealth at the green of our career, instead of fantasising on the future too far to comprehend ?

Get a strafezon with goldstrike arch (inexpensive), laying of hands (inexpensive) and a tal's mask (for leech and inexpensive). The rest of your gear doens't matter as long as you have some increased attack speed. Go hunting in the flayer jungle in hell difficulty. The monster density is insane, shaman bosses/champs are bugged (give double drops per boss kill so 2 bosses in one), and all the monsters (except the vultures but they have low hitpoints) are demons so they will get ripped part by goldstirke+LOH.

LunaKrystal

Diabloii.Net Member
I've tried MF-ing in Meph for norm.. the best drop I've got so far is some Sig parts and a few low lvl uniques. It's not too shabby for starters. Well, thanks to you guys who posted so far.

I'll definitely try those mentioned areas. BTW, what's the Vitality you guys use for your sorcs in NM/Hell ? :worship:

Metallica4life07

Diabloii.Net Member
My sorc is level 76 and she has 326 vit with equipment. I put just enough str and dex to wear my equipment and all the rest into vit.

Um k, I started off as an ik barb (friend hooked me up with all but armor), found a skullders off nm council, and that pretty much started my mf career. Now I'm up to a 500-ish mf sorc with 45% dr, max block, 10k fireball (I should remake as cold but I have better things to do)

decoy_sJ

Diabloii.Net Member
hihi i started MFing intensively only bout 3-4 weeks ago and since then i've slowly been replacing my gear with new ones and upped my MF% from 72% to 503% currently..

what i would suggest would be that u just find a 3-4 socketed piece of decent armor ( mine was a 4 socket dusk shroud with 3 ptopaz and 1 pdiamond..thot would give me resists but imagine my horror..) and slowly run nitemare andy..once she drop u a stealskull ( she drops that pretty often) socket it with a ptopaz and u just upped ur MF% by almost double..she also drops ngaelrings v often and with 2 rings ur armor and stealskull u can run nm andy for the usual chanceguard gloves..if u have a 2 socket shield, runeword a Rhyme 'Shael+Eth' and that will give u some nice resists and +25% MF as well..just dun use unique or rare shields..( my Shael-Eth Moser's blessed circle nvr fails to bring on the tears =[ ) gamble for some +MF% boots and with that set up ( which is practically wat i did step by step) u can have a decent MF% of around 250%..( add 24% to that if u nvr socket a pdiamond :grrr: )

andy might drop some small charms with +3-6 MF% and just keep those in ur stash since u r just starting to MF, slowly replacing them with better ones..by this time u shd be able to find some decent equipment which will allow u to run the harder ones like nm meph, hell andy and hell meph. not forgetting hell pindle (though he drops crap 90% of the time..but he did drop me a Death's Fathom a few days back so.. :innocent: )

Bottomline is..be patient..and u will have all that u need and want :thumbsup:

hope i was of some help! :buddies:

Anksun

Diabloii.Net Member
I have started by doing pit runs...

Easy with hammerdin as long as you got:
1. decent (not even good) resists
2. decent Fast cast rate

Wizardspike, Magefists and any 1 10% fast cast rate ring will give you 75% fast cast rate +75%res all... ALL you need to run the pits. This is easily tradable even for pgems...

With no magic find, you'll find sockets stuff as 3soc armor and 4soc pally shield. This stuff is easy to trade, have good value and required NO Magic Find.

This is the way i start my pally and he's my only good caracther, i got all stuff from him and he got all i would have want at start for him...

moi

Diabloii.Net Member
Ryshenron168703 said:
meph runs..he drops stuff fast...i think i ahve the perfect amount(266mf)..ive ahd a luck streak ever siince i started running him..ive filled three mules up with items in a week and a half...of useful stuff, including some new elite uniques and old goodies like gaze and bartucs.....seriously, ull be happy
There is no single "perfect" amount of MF, nor has there been since classic....

Kitriara

Diabloii.Net Member
Normal meph wont really give you what you need... but nightmare meph will. Any decent character should be able to make their way to him and take him out. Even with just magics with some MF on em its enough to get your started.

LunaKrystal

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright, this is what I did to my CL/FO sorc this morning.
This is to tweak up some MF%:
Changed my Magical Ammy(25mf) and Magical boots(10%frw) to become --> Vindala boots/Vindala ammy. This gave me 50 Mf straight.

Changed my Rare Demonhide sash and Magical glove to become --> Artic belt and Artic gfoves. This gave me additional 40%Mf.

But what I'm depressed in is the decrease in sash size from 4 rows to 2 only! But hopefully the boost in Mf can help in some better drops. Hopefully, this build can work some help to starting players. My sorc is lvl 70 now, 388 life/ 300+ Mana. Just enough Str and Dex. NM Meph slaughters her. :) Doesnt matter, I still have 150 Stats to invest.

any recommendation to where it should go ?

Faye

Diabloii.Net Member
LunaKrystal said:
Changed my Magical Ammy(25mf) and Magical boots(10%frw) to become --> Vindala boots/Vindala ammy. This gave me 50 Mf straight.
Tancreds ammy + boots give a MF bonus of 70-ish% IIRC

Goldwrap gives 30% MF, a little less than Artic combo, but 3 rows of pots. Also frees up the gloves slot for a possible 40% MF from Chance Gloves.

LunaKrystal said:
I still have 150 Stats to invest.

any recommendation to where it should go ?
Definately Vitality.

decoy_sJ

Diabloii.Net Member
i agree with Faye..if u already have enuff points to wear ur gear and max blocking ( if that type of thing appeals to u) i think u shd dump all 150 into vitality too :thumbsup:

LunaKrystal

Diabloii.Net Member
The problem is, my sorc has yet been exposed to the REAL Mf equipment. If I place every stat I have now to Vit, I'm afraid Skullder's or some other item needs better Str or Dex than what I'm currently having now. But then again, it's all about trying out and worst comes to worst... Remake one ? haha..

decoy_sJ

Diabloii.Net Member
maybe u can go and take a look at wat possible equipment u will want to use in the future, gotten either thru pure MF or trades..then u would have a good idea of how to distirbute ur points..skulder's require 97 str while tal rasha requires 84..maybe u can up ur strength to 84 first..leave some points as a buffer nd dump the rest into vit..assuming u already has the dex and nrg u want :lol:

p.s. if NM meph still slaughters u..y not consider running nm andy for the mid level MF gear first? safer faster and relatively good drops..

Makhlath

Diabloii.Net Member
Starting fresh.

LunaKrystal said:

When starting off with "nothing, ziltch, nada" as you say,- I'd go for running monsters that you can handle with ease and speed. Normal Andy/Eld/Shenk/Mephisto can give you flat-basic gear. As you get stronger, you move on to Andy/Eld/Shenk on nightmare which can give you decent gear,- even with no mf gear. Just take your own pace and do bosses you are comfortable with, and move on to tougher ones as you get stronger.

-Mak

Craptacular

Diabloii.Net Member
Makhlath said:
When starting off with "nothing, ziltch, nada" as you say,- I'd go for running monsters that you can handle with ease and speed. Normal Andy/Eld/Shenk/Mephisto can give you flat-basic gear. As you get stronger, you move on to Andy/Eld/Shenk on nightmare which can give you decent gear,- even with no mf gear. Just take your own pace and do bosses you are comfortable with, and move on to tougher ones as you get stronger.

-Mak

This is what I do. Just started on my SP career after being on Bnet for quite a while so I had absolutely nothing to start. In single player you have the advantage of the "playersx" command so you can ramp up the difficulty on your own on each boss. You would be surprised what you can find. NM Rakianishu can drop some alright stuff if you need everything, hehe.

Atomium

Diabloii.Net Member
Normal meph wont really give you what you need... but nightmare meph will. Any decent character should be able to make their way to him and take him out. Even with just magics with some MF on em its enough to get your started.
Nightmare Meph is indeed the first serious mf run for low lvl chars. Before being able to do him, mf is not worth it, just concentrate on your exp.

Getting slowly to Hell Diablo with low level gear is the essence of this game. If you find that boring, think that you need to do that only once. Your next chars will benefit from the gear of your older chars.

Good luck.