MF-ing bosses?

jam4o

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello,

I recently came back to D2 and made a Blizz Sorc.
I run Andy(h), Mepho(h), and Pindle(h).
My question is is it worth to dump Mepho and do the Council Member in Tranvincal?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I would rather add the Ancient Tunnels to the list, found below the act 2 Lost City. It's a L85 area with rather few cold immunes. Basically every item in the game can drop there and it provides excellent exp.

Meph and Andy will provide you with a lot of bread and butter gear, also for future characters, so if you just jame back, they are certainly worthy loot sources. Besides, Meph provides decent exp until level 87 or so.

If you are on single player, I would also open superchests in Lower Kurast on /players 7, on a map which has 6 of them and which leads you back to the waypoint while travelling.

jam4o

Diabloii.Net Member
I am on EU b-net. Thanks for the advice... So i should continue Mepho and add AT and Council as well?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
The Council in Travincal is a good target, but I think that a cold sorceress (and others as well) needs pretty good equipment to be efficient there (i.e. to be able do it in a minute with almost no risk of death while wearing a good amount of MF gear, let's say with 350% MF).

By the way, one of the Councils is always cold+fire-immune.

jam4o

Diabloii.Net Member
Ahhh so i need a good merc. Currently i have around 300-320 mf and 5.4k dmg... which is low but i will give it a try :)
Thanks again man.

GalaXyHaXz

Diabloii.Net Member
The halls aren't level 85 (sadly). Here's the complete list ripped from the files.
Code:
Act 1 - Pit Level 1
Act 1 - Pit Level 2
Act 1 - Mausoleum
Act 2 - Maggot Lair Level 3
Act 2 - Ancient Tunnels
Act 3 - Sewers Level 2
Act 3 - Forgotten Temple
Act 3 - Ruined Fane
Act 3 - Disused Reliquary
Act 4 - Chaos Sanctuary
Act 4 - River of Flame
Act 5 - The Worldstone Keep Level 1
Act 5 - The Worldstone Keep Level 2
Act 5 - The Worldstone Keep Level 3
Act 5 - Arreat Summit (level 87 but no monsters)
Act 5 - Throne of Destruction
Act 5 - The Worldstone Chamber

coju

Diabloii.Net Member
SIX super chests in the LK???!!!
I've only ever encountered four, as I've never kept looking after finding two bonfires containing the huts.....

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
SIX super chests in the LK???!!!
I've only ever encountered four, as I've never kept looking after finding two bonfires containing the huts.....
There are up to two campfires with superchests there and each has two in one hut and one in another. By the way, there's also a weapon rack in each and on one of my single-player maps, one is producing ceremonial javelins from time to time.

coju

Diabloii.Net Member
Ohh yes... there are 3 chests per campfire! Have you noticed if you take a certain path it creates the javelin? On one map, the path I normally takes produces assassin claws... Because of that, I take a different path if I think about it!

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
If the map is visited right after creating the game, it doesn't matter when I'm going to the rack. It might be different if you go to a different area first, however.