Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mf hell

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by johnsx, Jun 9, 2005.

1. johnsx

johnsx IncGamers Member

mf hell

For mfing in hell which sorc build is best. Quickest/safest would be nice. Usually would be running andy/meph.

2. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Blizz or ES/FO

3. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Orb/ES/TK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blizz

4. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

He's got it absolutely positively correct.

5. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

except it is outdated with insight ><

tk, blizz, rest in synergies gives a good tank with decent killing power in 8p.

mine right now is lvl 91 (started doing 8p tunnels at 73, 8p cows at 80, and solo baals at 89):

shako, shaeled ss, um'ed perf viper, travs, tgods, 2x sojs, wizzy, magefist, +2 sork/9fcr/28 str/18 res all ammy

109 fcr cuz i like teleing too much

i can afford hoto (cubing all my runes up) but wizzy is still best, because of stacked res. while in conviction i have ~40 light/cold res (still working on getting them maxed; conv+lr is still a ***** although ive never encountered that scenario)

199 baal runs so far, no close calls as of yet

damage is low but survivability is very high. best tank ive had for sure (including the orb/tk/es/warmth sork from ladder1)

my runs usually run approx 8 min and goes as follows: baal, pindle, trav, meff, andy

if you only want andy/meff, then firesorks are viable too. they arent as versatile as cold sorks, but fire sorks have comparable speed to cold sorks for meff, and fire is the best element against andy

6. Arkuss

Arkuss IncGamers Member

Fire!!

I HIGHLY recommand you go full meteor. Blow the **** right out of mephisto and andy. Andy is weakest against fire and mephisto is a little weakling so WA BAM lot of drops. Just make sure with andy you time it out right so the meteor hits her as close to direct as possible. Also i no your mfing but i recommand 5 fire gcs to add on the ownage. If meteor falls blow her buttox away with fireball. I no cold is safest but you gatta aim for there weakness.
    well thats my opinion you choose what ever you want.

7. MoUsE_WiZ

Insight is for newbs. Lawbringer or Reapers still nets better results.

8. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

insight in an eth 4 socket colossus voulge is everything but a joke ;)
    my lvl 91 sorc's might merc gets 1k-4,6k damage with it.

9. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Insight is no joke. My sorc has like 600 mana, so that Insight comes in handy. I've never had a merc that really killed well, even with CoA/eth reaper/stone sacred might merc, so the main point of my merc is to raise mana regeneration and defense/slowing monsters for my sorc.

Lucky

10. MoUsE_WiZ

MF merc doesn't need to kill, and infact it won't kill unless you really put a lot of effort into trying to make it do so due to 1/4th penalty vs bosses, so damage is meaningless. If you're having mana problems in the time it takes to kill meph and/or andy then there's something wrong with your build.

Insight for baals, fine. Insight for rushing, fine. Insight for anything that isn't a fast meph/andy run, fine. But really, decrep speeds up boss runs if you're using orb/es because the boss won't dance out of the sweet spot, and it makes things easier using blizz (my blizz mf strategy involves tanking meph myself as that's the fastest way) as it won't hit as hard or as often.

11. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

I already do meph/andy/pindle really fast. In fact, the extra 6 seconds I save killing meph with decrep would be made up with me having to go to a healer and buy mana potions.. so..

Lucky

12. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

i agree with....everyone!

Reapers is very good for meph/andy, however i find myself often getting lost tele'ing to andy and running out of mana is bleh...so thats a point for insight. The decrep and tank ability of reapers vs the actual boss is nice, i find insight merc will die agaiinst a boss more often then reapers. thats a point for reapers. But in the scheme of things do you need to have a different sorc to mf and to rush and to baal? not really, so if i'm looking for an all around benefit from my merc, regen mana is a nice toll.

Sure, its possible to make mana not an issue, as it had to be done in the past. some sojs, a wizzy, frosties usually takes care of your mana with base energy, but with insight, why not take advantage of it and take care of some fcr BP's instead of the mana, and get the best of both worlds.

I had a tals fb/orb insight sorc 83, tals fb/orb reapers sorc 91, wizzy shako etc CL sorc insight, and wizzy shako skullders orb/nova insight. When it comes down to it, i'll take the tals reaper to do a meph run or to take on any boss really, but to do much else i'll choose one of the others

13. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

never actually used reapers so i cant comment.

however, ive done quite a bit of sorks, and the best way for me to do it is with these two setups:

(1) tk+whatever element+insight gives absolutely insane killing power that can tele anywhere at will. currently i have both a fire sork and a blizz sork, and they tele anywhere just fine. granted i only use the fire sork to tele for salad (to baal) but teleing is no issue for a tk-insight sork.

(2) the other build, of which is very outdated, is tk-warmth-element-kelpie sork. good at boss killing, but i find to be a worse teler than the first one. and it is not as versatile (it's only good against certain bosses). usually this is an orber, but ive done the same build in ladder1 (no insight) for blizz and it worked just fine (blizz doesnt need + skills very much to be effective; 20 in both blizz and cm plus 10 some in synergy kills just fine)