MF Hammerdin: Gear suggestions ?

Backdoor Bandit

Diabloii.Net Member
MF Hammerdin: Gear suggestions ?

For quite some time I haven't used my lvl 87 Hammerdin.

I recently decided to re-equip him from PvM to an MF char. Here's my current set up:

Shako
Heart of the Oak
Enigma
Herald
Waterwalks
Maras
Frost*2
TOs gloves

My question is: What items can I swap for MF gear? I would hate to loose a lot of killing speed and sacrificing too much res. wouldn't be cool either.

I plan on using him on pit runs, meph, dia, baal.

Does anyone have experience with MF hammerdins? I would like to hear your suggestions. Also: My inventory is farely empty so slapping on some 7 mf charms would not be a problem.

Cheers :drink:

-Backdoor Bandit

gvandale

Diabloii.Net Member
Here is my guys setup:

HOTO
ENIGMA
HOZ
CHANCIES
ARACHNID MESH
2X NAGEL RINGS
TRAVS
uber sexy +2 pal skill / mf / res rare ammy (gogo gambling!)

g

p.s.
hammerdins kill so damned quickly, it's hard to not kill fast. unless you play blindfolded

Backdoor Bandit

Diabloii.Net Member
gvandale said:
Here is my guys setup:

HOTO
ENIGMA
HOZ
CHANCIES
ARACHNID MESH
2X NAGEL RINGS
TRAVS
uber sexy +2 pal skill / mf / res rare ammy (gogo gambling!)

g

p.s.
hammerdins kill so damned quickly, it's hard to not kill fast. unless you play blindfolded

I had something similar in mind. Do you wear a shako (dont see a helm listed there...)? What does your mf add up to? (approximately...)

-Backdoor Bandit

hiimafilo

Diabloii.Net Member
well this is my paladin - (hammerdin)

lvl 87 -

shako
hoz
wiz
enigma
+2 offesive - 26 % mf / res(ammy)
2 * 10% fcr rings
war tarvs 48%
chance 40%

mf = around 190%
-- all i do is meph kill him in a couple of secounds :p -- awsome speed -- i've found just doing one boss over and over again is better then walking around doing pit etc ...... (the quiker the turnover the better the bussiness)
-- :p -- wiz for max res :p --- ( hc-l)

Krollin

Diabloii.Net Member
Backdoor Bandit said:
Anyone have a set up with 300+ mf ?

-Backdoor Bandit
I am building a twinked non-ladder MF Hammerdin atm. Here are the items I plan to use.

Helm: Harlequins, PTopaz, 74% MF
Amulet: +2 Pala skills, life, resists
Armour: Wealth (not got enigma), 100% MF is not to sneezed at though
Weapon 1: Wizard, HoZ
Weapon 2: Ali Baba with +18% MF jewels. At level 70 that **% MF, Rhyme, 25% MF
Belt: Upgraded Goldwrap. 30% MF
Ring 1: 30% MF Nagelring
Ring 2: 29% MF Nagelring
Gloves: 40% Chanceguards
Charms. Apart from +resist and +life charms I have..
7 7%MF sc's, 4 6%MF scs

Total MF = 491% at level 70

iceball_aarf

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, you may want to check out this thread:
http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=137745&page=1

Btw if you mf solo you could fill up your entire inv with mf charms, except 1 2*2 space, that 2*2 space should contain a horadric cube, that way you can get the most out of your inv.
Your belt should have 1 row of super mana pots, 2 of super healing pots and 1 of town portals, that is all you could ever need while mfinding.... i would venture and say that at least for me Baal isn´t worth it, even with super drop´s all the time (just get a champion character to kill him in a game made by a patriarch/matriarch) he just seems to drop crap :S...

Edit 2*2 instead of 4*4 :p messed the size of the horadric cube...

Backdoor Bandit

Diabloii.Net Member
iceball_aarf said:
Hmm, you may want to check out this thread:
http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=137745&page=1

Btw if you mf solo you could fill up your entire inv with mf charms, except 1 2*2 space, that 2*2 space should contain a horadric cube, that way you can get the most out of your inv.
Your belt should have 1 row of super mana pots, 2 of super healing pots and 1 of town portals, that is all you could ever need while mfinding.... i would venture and say that at least for me Baal isn´t worth it, even with super drop´s all the time (just get a champion character to kill him in a game made by a patriarch/matriarch) he just seems to drop crap :S...

Edit 2*2 instead of 4*4 :p messed the size of the horadric cube...
I never came up with that idea of using the cube in the inventory...considering I get enough 7mf charms, I'll give it a shot. Cheers !

-Backdoor Bandit

IMCL85

Diabloii.Net Member
well I got 400+ mf now on lvl ** and I wear:

shako(ptaz)
skullder ire(ptaz)<-- Will be switch once I trade my tal ammy for tal armor
36 chancie
43 wt
uped gold wrap
24 and 25 mf ring
35 mf ammy
hoto
hoz

and I also carry some of those sm mf sc in my inventory as well. I had found alot of good stuff using this set. And I personally dont think you need alot faster cast item on while you mf. a Hoto or a wizard will give enought faster alone.