Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mf Gear Question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by SucksAtDiablo, Apr 16, 2008.

1. SucksAtDiablo

SucksAtDiablo IncGamers Member

Mf Gear Question

Hey, making a meteorb sorc atm. My only gear with mf on it is:

Shako (Planning on pTopazing)
    Occy
    Goldwrap
    2x Nagel (40 mf total)
    33% demonhide boots (lol)
    chancies (29%)
    Rare ammy with ~22%

This comes WAY short of what I want. Ive been thinking of having a rhyme shield on switch, but lidless is nice for the mana, FCR and +1 skill. Should I just pTopaz the lidless I have instead? Also, any gear suggestions you guys have would be nice...Im not sure what optimal MF gear would be for meteorb.

PS: Should I get an insight polearm for my merc? Not sure if itd be worth it with the mass mana recov from warmth..by the time the timer for FO dies my mana is almost back up so.

2. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Re: Mf Gear Question

first, putting a pTopaz in a Lidless Wall won't add MF (it's a mistake many of use have made though :ziplip:)

One of the best MF setups, especially for a Meteorb, is to use the full Tal's set. You'll loose a little MF over a "ideal" setup, but the things you gain in return more than make up for that (there's a link in the 'Knowledge Library' thread that's titled "The Truth about Tal's Set" - an excellent thread that's well worth reading). Full Tal's is what I'd aim for as your 'end-game' equipment (for MF, or otherwise).

As for the merc, the Insight will make a huge difference on your regeneration. FO is really the least of your mana concerns, as Fireball and Teleport will eat into your mana a ton more. Whether to switch depends on what your merc is currently using, but I'd probably choose Insight.

Also, don't ever forget the mantra that "speed is more important than MF". You've got plenty of MF in your current setup, but how's your survivability? how about your killing power?... these can definitely be improved over your current setup.

3. SucksAtDiablo

Thank you, I'll take a look at that thread. Hate to give up me shako though *cry* Ill just give it to my fire sorc...

Anyways, whats a good polearm to put insight in?

4. SucksAtDiablo

Wow, Im definitely using Tal's Set. Probably goanna have to do some mf in my crud gear to get to it, but itll be worth it.

5. TitanKid

TitanKid IncGamers Member

Well this is what i use for my lightning sorc and it works great.

Shako with PTopaz
    Eschutas (teleport on occy got annoying and i do more damage without losing much mf)
    Spirit shield
    Tal - Ammy, Armor (PTopaz socketed), and belt - you get 65% more mf with three tal items
    Chancies
    War Travs
    Charms: Perfect Gheeds, Hellfire, Anni, 14 to all rez GC

6. dryzalizer

dryzalizer IncGamers Member

Yes it will. You should be able to find a Gheeds pretty easily (Hell Andy or Meph), and better nagels and chancies as you go. If you have anni and torch and skillers and good res charms, you can still kill pretty well in all MF gear. If not, you may have to sacrifice some MF for safety and killing power. Good equipment not mentioned above: War Travelers go up to 50%, Tancred's amulet + boots give 78%, and you should definitely use Rhyme shield on switch with Gull dagger or Ali Baba (double ist if you can afford) just before the boss kill.

7. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

When I do that I like to put at least 84 Str in advance. That's the req of the armor, the highest on the set. So, when you finally get you can just swap your gear for full Tals without needing Str form equip. Of course if you decide previously you want to use Spirit, then you're already aiming for 156 Str...

8. SucksAtDiablo

Ok, I found a Gheeds from Nm Baal, and was dissapointed to only get 24% mf :cry:
    Then I found a skull collector, so I use that as a finishing blow (extra 23% over what I have). I now have around 300% mf, but bad survivability in hell. (I tested andy.)

Would it be more worth it to use tal orb\spirit or tal orb\lidless with a rhyme+gull\alibaba switch?

I already have around 300 vita and 85 strength.

9. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

You will not have str enough to equip Spirit (156) so stick with Lidless. There are some greater power giving away gifts because I got 2 Gheeds the last 2 days(31,26). I only found one last ladder...

10. Forbiddian

Forbiddian IncGamers Member

You should aim for 250-300 mf with ideal gear for killing bosses and superuniques and stuff.

Obviously more is better, but diminishing returns after 200 is pretty steep. You also don't want to sacrifice ANY killing speed or tele speed for mf beyond 300.

300 mf with a run every 2 minutes is better than 1,000,000,000,000 mf with a run every 4 minutes.

Typically: Shako w/ ptopaz, War Travs, Gheeds = 150 or so. 74 from Shako, 40 from War Travs, 35 from Gheeds = 149.

Tal's Amulet and Tal's Belt or something gives you an extra 75 (something like that).

Then have an Ali Baba + Rhyme on the switch (DIRT CHEAP). You can find random mf jewels like +7-10 mf much cheaper than ists for your Ali. That springs you up to well over 300 for the kill.

I mean, there are people that like to stack 500 or 600 mf, but they really dig into their survivability and teleport speed. Especially if you don't have maphack, you'll spend most of your time on Meph or Andy runs teleporting.

If you get the choice, don't sacrifice 105 fcr, sacrifice damage.