Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mf gear for summoner

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by miles, Feb 12, 2004.

1. miles

miles IncGamers Member

mf gear for summoner

I dont post much but i dor ead the threads a ton. I have just started playing the ladder so i dont have much stuff. I do know how to make a good summoner/skelliemancer i had a lvl 55 that could do nm d and baal solo. Question is what would be some good begginer mf gear for a sumon/skellie
    for hell pits or baal. obviously res. is needed for baal but not pit right? thanks ahead of time for your advice.

2. pliu

pliu Banned

Yes pit is easy for skelliemancer with maxed CE. -100% all res and 100 life with very low block rate can do pit easy. :)

3. Dangerous Old Man

Dangerous Old Man IncGamers Member

I'm in hell, so it's not quite the same. I am extremely fussy about my resists and have them all maxed, but I manage to get by that way and still use the following items for mf: low % tarn with p topaz, chancies, and an ali baba. With charms, that takes me to around 250% mf, maxed hell resists, 350ish mana, and a bit over 1K life. I think these numbers are all fair compromises. I could make anyone of these things even better with equipment swaps, but I was going for balance. Works for me and all the MF gear is pretty budget friendly. The Tal armor I turned up this week is not :) Now, do I feel like building a third sorce to see if this one can live? Life's little quandries.

Dangerous Old Man

4. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Congrats on your find..I'm sure you will go with a 3rd round of the Sorc.

Seems that when I do need a rest from my Undead, I go to my Sorc also(Thanks to Beatboxer). He started a Blizzard one, and got me to make one also.

HoS

5. Har-Megiddo

Har-Megiddo IncGamers Member

If you can get an enigma or teleport staff/amy for your necro, then you don't really need any resists because any good necro with an army, clay golem, and decrep shouldn't have meph running around shooting lightning balls like he does to my sorc (who never uses a merc).

6. pliu

pliu Banned

Here is my items(pure mf) for skellimancer(Level 79):

helm: shako( Ptopz)
    body armor:skuler(Ptopz)
    rings: nerg(27),Bul-Kathos
    glove: change guard
    boot: war trav
    shield: trang's shield
    weapon: gull
    (switch: carin shard/sigon shield)
    amulet: mara's
    belt:goldwrap

4 +1 summon GC
    7 +7% mf SC

It is about 490% MF, around -40% on all resists and about 800 life. It is work fine for me to solo hell (1 player).

7. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

A little off topic, but you don't use the moat trick do you? He never shoots them at me since he's trapped on the other side of the moat. :idea: I just let the merc die.. unless you 'd rather spend time gambling all the gold you get from Durance3.

8. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Resists are cumbersome vs MF gear. Do pits if resists are a big problem. Otherwise, topaz your armor/helm and pick up whatever rings/ammy/gloves/boots/belt with mf you find along the way. The more you play, the more MF stuff you'll find that way. A Gull dagger is nice, and Ali's are a decent replacement except for the reqs. I prefer to use a +3 summoning wand until I find one myself. A +3 summoning head is also more important to me than 25% from a rhyme shield, since I'll eventually get more kills in without it than vice versa.