Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF Frenzy Barb - babas or not when finishing off a boss if

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by ollid, Apr 20, 2008.

1. ollid

ollid IncGamers Member

MF Frenzy Barb - babas or not when finishing off a boss

Hey Guys!

I know that many mf frenzy barbs face a decision between finishing off a boss quickly with less mf, or finishing off a boss slowly with more mf.

These are the options that I see are available for mf frenzy barbs to kill a boss with:

1. Griefpb/Edeathcb/etc. + Lastwishpb
    2. Griefpb/Edeathcb/etc. + Lastwishpb then SWITCH to 2x upped babas when boss health is low (kill w/help from merc)
    3. Griefpb/Edeathcb/etc. + Lastwishpb then SWITCH to Upped Baba + Lastwishpb when boss health is low

Option 1 is much quicker, but obviously yields less mf. Option 2 is slower, but obviously yields much greater mf. However, option 3, which I don't know if anyone does or not, seems like a compromise between options 1 and 2.

Which option do you think is best, assuming that you have about 350 mf from all other gear (in my case)? What would you guys do? Thanks in advance! :grin:

2. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

Re: MF Frenzy Barb - babas or not when finishing off a boss

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

3. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

I think Spankeh either passed out (drunk or not) or had a heart attack. Since I don't think he's old enough for the latter, I'll assume it's Saturday night down under.

Frenzy is ideal for boss killing, especially due to having an Ice Wolf, so the choice for a slow kill is letting the mercenary do it. If you're not going to do that, either because he isn't geared for it (doesn't have the stats) or because it's too much of a risk, then just kill him. If you get into the practice enough then you can figure out how much to hit any boss just long enough with battle gear before switching and hacking at him with Blades of Ali Baba. Because you're using Last Wish, we're assuming the Life Tap has triggered, so you shouldn't be afraid - just hack away with the tiny things. #2 should work fine, though I'm not sure about the requirements of hydra edges, so don't bother if the %Dam mod isn't perfect as it's a waste of the upgrade runes.

4. ollid

ollid IncGamers Member

Thanks Ax2Grind! I suppose my next step is to decide whether or not to invest two puls in upping my babas :laugh: