Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mf fire sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Faenon, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Faenon

Faenon IncGamers Member

mf fire sorc

I currently have a mf fire sorc that I'm working on. Basically, the plan is I just need to do as much damage as possible because my brother has a paladin that we use for bait. However, I have maxed out fire mastery, meteor, fire ball, and fire bolt, and now I don't know where to put my points. Mainly I use meteor, but sometimes I'll use fireball while I'm waiting for the cast delay on meteor. As far as I can see the only thing that could make me do more damage is to put points into inferno in order to increase the damage per second of meteor. However, I'm not sure if this is really worth putting points into, and whether or not I should be putting them somewhere else. Does anyone have any advice for what to do with the remaining skill points in order to maximize damage?

2. Skinhead On The MBTA

Skinhead On The MBTA IncGamers Member

If your brother can take out Fire Immunes, the I would go for Inferno - more damage over time can't hurt.

If he has trouble actually killing things (in other words is he purely a meatshield), then go for Frozen Orb - it doesn't need the synergy from Ice Bolt and the mastery can be raised through +Skills. You should already have Static Field, that is very useful.

3. Faenon

Faenon IncGamers Member

Thanks for the advice. My brother is a pure meatshield, so he can't kill the fire immunes. However, if there's not too many of them, my mercenary can kill them. Frozen orb will never get up to anything with a particularly significant amount of damage, will it? Because I was thinking that if I was to get frozen orb, I could use that while I'm waiting for meteor to cool down, though if it doesn't do much damage that's probably not really worth it. The other thing is that because I generally don't kill anything other than bosses, perhaps it's not really worth worrying about fire immunes because for the most part I teleport past all the regular enemies that I see. In which case, it would be better to get inferno, for the fire damage. What do you think?

P.S. Yes, I do have static field, though I always forget to use it.