Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF Characters

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by daskidude, Mar 12, 2004.

1. daskidude

daskidude Banned

MF Characters

What is the best mf character WITHOUT the BEST and top gear. like no enigma, and other top and uber 1337 items. i want to be able to run it all, hell pits, meph, pindle, shenk/eldrich, and baal?

2. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

haha i beginning to sound like the poor man's ( no offense yah? :lol: ) MF consultant around these parts..

if u planning to MF intensively..i would suggest a sorc..a teleporting Meteorb or a CL/FO sorc will do just fine in hell with good moving speed and killing power..add to that a decently equipped merc (i'm not talking bout the DOOM thresher or even a reaper toll..just something with decent damage and some nice armor..replacing them when u get better ones :surprise: )..i have no Egnima nor HOTO or BotD or DFGERVERWE..but still surviving pretty well in hell..if u need more tips on bout wat gear to wear alternatively instead of the UBER ELITE SUPER DUPER stuff i think there are alot of threads giving some v nice suggestions. Good luck! :thumbsup:

3. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

After plying all chars in Hell (not all possible builds though :lol: ) i come to conclusion that 2-elemental sorc and def act 2 (norm or NM) merc is an ultimate build for mf. My sorc is expensive one though (Tal set, 49% travs, 39% Gheed´s etc). Anyway I begun as everybody - with a lvl 1 char, short sword and a buckler... so...
    To make a good mf char you must make some... mf. It is a process. I would recommend you to build first a cheap char for NM only. Trapsin or tesla pally are in my opinion best beginner chars. One-element (preferably fire) sors is perfect for Meph runs. Use cheap equipment - p topazed helm and armour, Goldwrap, Chances, Thornhelm, Gul dagger, may be a couple of nagels etc. You will be soon reach enough to build your mf sorc for Hell duty :thumbsup:
    I posted my recommendations for this build before but I can repeat my main topics shortly:
    1. Full resists
    2. 67 -75% block = shield and high dex
    3. Life>mana
    4. no ES
    5. 2 elements (I use fire/cold -> FB, Meteor, Blizz + syn. It is optional though)
    6. Very strong (= expensive) merc. Merc is as important as sorc herself. He should be able to tank and kill everything in the game despite DC and IM casters.
    7. For high lvl mf-ing survival is most important, than attack and in the end mf%. 269% mf (+200% unique find) is good enough. If you feel secure, if you kill fast and if if you are creasy enough you can build it up to 700% though:lol:

4. daskidude

daskidude Banned

i think my aplly could handle that. all he needs is mf gear :)

5. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

The cheapest yet most effective mf char would be the hammerdin - however its worth investing in a good ol' sorc if you ask me !

-Backdoor Bandit

6. Patryn

Patryn IncGamers Member

I am probably in the minority (as I usually am), but I like my necro (skelemancer) for my mf'ing. With the ability to call up a goodly number of skeletons rather early on in the game, and with corpse explosion, you can dedicate much of your gear to mf purposes. I was using a skullders, shako, 39% chancies, 50% war travs (found from cow king!), 2 nagels, and a decent mf ammy. I have a number of mf charms I found along the way too. Before the travs, 35% mf boots were in use, and before the shako, a stealskull was used. I use a might merc so my skeles kill faster and easier. :) I just recent acquired an Enigma armor (woohooooo) so I now do Pindle, Eldritch (frigid highlands) and meph, all in under 3 minutes. :)

7. -Edicius-

-Edicius- IncGamers Member

Hey there, i have a nice lvl 95 sorc from .09 that uses full tals. I have about 280 mf on her when im just doing quick runs. When im really trying and i have friends in the game i go up to about 600-700 mf.

8. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

I came here to ask the same question. But what I want to know is how do I get the highest mf I can get from items. I want to get at least 1k mf. With out using alot of mf charms. And at the same time be able to beat most of the highly mf runed areas. I was thinking of using a necro or a hammerdin. Also I wanted to use emigma for tele.

9. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Can't I would have to use alot of charms to even get close too 1k mf. Even with top of the line items I can only get just under 750%.

10. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

Many people are still convinced that +mf% makes a m-finding character. This opinion is a common missconception.
    Information in mf guide (strategy guides) is right for v. 0.09. In the recent versionof LoD %mf effects set- and unique-find MUCH less. The right Table of MF diminishing returns for 1.10 is:
    QUOTE:

+MF wearied,%______+Chance to find unique,%
    0-------------------------------0
    100-----------------------------71
    150-----------------------------93
    200-----------------------------111
    250-----------------------------125
    300-----------------------------136
    400-----------------------------153
    500-----------------------------166
    750-----------------------------187
    1000----------------------------200

In this situation character´s security, mobility and killing speed is MUCH more important than mf.

Caution:
    Numbers above are quoted from http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=146855 - Igor Potapov, Shadow_247 and Thrugg.

11. Trapp

Trapp IncGamers Member

Having just started D2 a week ago Id say that Blizzard Sorcs make the best MF runners for Meph without high-end gear. I did a ton of Nightmare runs and once I had that down easily I moved on to Hell runs. Teleporting and trapping Meph make for an easy kill. I'm in Hell now with no resists and still have no problems. I have about 750% MF and can pretty much trade for anything I want now. There may be better but this has worked for me so far. Good luck.

12. Hammerman

Hammerman IncGamers Member

Its fairly easy to get to 900-1k mf. My non ladder sorc uses:

Shako (ist)
    39 mf ammy
    Skullders (ist)
    P Chancies
    Ali Baba (ist)(ist)
    Superior Monarch (ist)(ist)(ist)(ist)
    P nagel
    P nagel
    Goldwrap
    P travs
    40x 7mf sc (usually only use 38 leaving 2 for a tp tome)

She has about 900-950 mf I am too lazy to count right now

Damien Rhodes

13. Holla

Holla Banned

Why would you waste ist in shako and skulders :cheesy: :lol:
    and also a 6 isted phase blade is better than 2 ist ali
    ALL IN ALL!!!! ~987 is the highest i see a sorc getting

40 x 7mf - 280
    6 ist phase - 180
    skullders - 134
    4 ist monarch - 100
    shako- 74
    Travs - 50
    Chance Guards - 40
    mf ammy - 40
    nagel - 30
    nagel - 30
    goldwrap - 30

TOTAL : 988 or if u wanna waste ist in helm and armor you got 990

p.s a barb could acheive 1068 just switch out 4 ist mon for another 6 ist phase

14. daskidude

daskidude Banned

now, where in hell (pun intended) can i get all these ists?

15. Zardoz

Zardoz IncGamers Member

1019 if you take away 3 charms and put in a Gheeds charm.

16. Holla

Holla Banned

heh i dunno but i was just making a point :lol:

17. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

I agree with Sangfagel. Make a NM only MF char and never kill NM Baal then make a Hell MF char. The two are very different. Hell MF requires crowd killing while NM MF is boss killing.

As we all know there are Boss killing skills and crowd killing skills. Furthermore, boss killing requires a lot of mobility so you don't have to deal with all the little guys in your way. So for your NM char I suggest a Sorc of some sort. After that if you plan to get rushed in hell then go for a skellimancer / venomancer.

FYI I'd build yet another char for UberD.