Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mf character

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by p-blizzy, Mar 23, 2004.

1. p-blizzy

p-blizzy IncGamers Member

mf character

would it be faster if i dumped my lvl 75 zon and make a mf meteor/orb sorc?
    I have been mfing in nm for awhile now and I still have nothing to show for it, how long do you people do mf runs? by the way I have a strafe/freezing arrow zon. I do see that another problem for me is that I do now have the proper equipment to mf with for my zon its only around 200 or so. poor ppl gotta start off somewhere.

2. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

I AM NOT AN EXPERT. OK, now that I have gotten that out of the way. I think you can pretty much magic find with any character. I remember reading that the top two magic find characters were in this order:

Sorceress
    Barbarian

But I guess this is debatable. I don't see why you can't be successful with an Amazon or a Necro or any of the other characters. Magic Find percent does play an important role in the process, but so does luck.

The other things that's really important is that the higher you character and the higher difficulty you're in the better your chances for better items. Normal Meph won't drop like Hell Meph. You'll find better items at level 99 then you will at 19.

My 89 Sorceress can hit a Hell boss and get NOTHING on one run and the mother load on another. She has 500% magic find. I've found nice items from the normal everyday monster bosses and nothing from the End Boss on the same run. So go figure. Luck? I don't know. It's a complicated formula that seems to work fairly well. So, just go out and kill stuff!

Masa

3. uncleanspirit

uncleanspirit IncGamers Member

This is just what I would do. Feel free to take my advice or not.

Move your zon into hell. Take your zon into the Pits (the cave in the Tamoe Highlands). In Hell, this area can drop any item in the game and strafe zons can clear it pretty quick. Even if you dont have alot of mf you can still find some decent runes here that you can trade to get more mf equipment.

Another place you might want to try is the crypt and masoleum in the Burial Grounds. These areas are also abnormally high with the Masoleum also being able to drop any item in the game.

4. 808Keahiwai

808Keahiwai IncGamers Member

First off, where are you mfing? That does somewhat make a difference too. As far as the zon goes, im not too fond of them when it comes to mf, although I do know alot of people who use them. It might be in your best intrest to go to hell baal and do some runs and lvl a bit more. Although as a whole, i believe meteor/fb sorces to be able to pack alot more mf and kill easier then a zon can, espically with the right merc who can take care of fire immunes.

5. p-blizzy

p-blizzy IncGamers Member

well i am mfing in nm trav/meph/diablo/pindle/baal and the other two guys in act5 not far from frigid wp.
    if strafe is suppose to do good for the pits then why am i having a problem with them everything is cold immue for hell pit and hell masoleum. so far its going slow and nothing but magic items

6. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

give it time and let the luck come
    it's fustrating not finding everything but u have to be patient