Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF bug?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Detrean, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Detrean

Detrean IncGamers Member

MF bug?

First off let me thank those of you who know what you are doing and come to these forums and give advice to people like me. Now to the question.

I have a fishy and I have 218% MF on him. I am not untwinked but I never trade or play online so I do not have access to a ton of Unique items but I have quite a few (through personal MF). Anyway I decided I wanted to do wsk/baal runs because many suggest that for top items. The problem I am having is that VERY little is dropping. I have probably done about 200 runs and not one unique item dropped for me in the throne room, only about 2 uniques have dropped through the regular run, and Baal has not dropped one item that meph didn't already provide me. Many times Baal doesn't even drop a unique for 3 or 4 runs.

Another thing that confuses me is what the game decides to drop. I understand that unique normal items will drop much more frequently than unique elite items. That being said why does a few unique normal/exceptional items drop all the time but I have countless unique normal/exceptional items I have never seen? It is starting to make me think that something is buggy with my game or fishy just is an odd mf character. Perhaps the skellies/merc make a difference in the drop rate/item?

I am wondering if anyone has a similar problem, and if not what they suggest I do to fix this? Thanks

2. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Re: MF bug?

It's the way the game is meant to be. Nothing is wrong. I kill with my meteorb sorc and my hammerdin and the drops are like that too (as in similar crappiness). As for some particular items being more common than others, it's because the game mechanics is a little funky. There's no way to get around it.

3. solutionx

solutionx IncGamers Member

No expert here, but do you have it on 8-players?

Also, I'm not absolutely positive if it makes a difference (heard the tip mentioned here) but before any boss dies I switch shield to my old Rhyme for the extra +MF.

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew and feel free to raise some corpses.

The chance for those items to drop is really low. 200 runs is nowhere near what you need for statistical chances on having a good drop. It may seem that something is wrong, but it is just that the chance is so low that you could run for a very long time before getting a decent drop.

Again this has to do with percentages and drop chances for different monsters and items. These changes dictate rarity and some things are infinitely more rare than others. This has caused some people to invent rituals in order to insure better drops, but the only thing that really works is just making an awful lot of runs.