Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mf Blizzer >:(

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by McClay, May 14, 2008.

1. McClay

McClay Banned

Mf Blizzer :mad:

Hey guys, well heres whats goin down, i have a tals sorc with about 285 MF, i go into games with 4-7 people and kill andy or meph or pindle as fast as I can, people in the game and the faster you kill, i heard helps mfing...ive been doing this for hours and i still havent got any good uniques D:, whats wrong here, not enough mf ? or does it take awhile to find good stuff ?

2. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

Re: Mf Blizzer :mad:

285 mf is plenty good enough to find good items, just be patient (it can take many runs) and keep at it you'll find something eventually. :prop:

3. Spectrus

Spectrus IncGamers Member

I don't think how quickly you kill matters... but I'd be happy if someone has evidence and wants to say otherwise.

I'm not sure what you mean by "good stuff" either. Keep in mind that there are a fair number of items that meph/andy can not drop. If you're hunting for Griffon's Eyes, then you're in the wrong place. Other than that, it's just a matter of perseverance.

4. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

Killing faster doesn't directly increase your chance of getting anything good. It's a simple matter of how many runs you can do in a given amount of time. As for MF, that seems like a good amount. Remember that MF affects the chance an item will be a unique, but not necessarily the chance it'll be a good one (so it doesn't make a Vipermagi drop any more likely than a Treads of Cthon drop).

And of course, don't forget that it's mostly luck. You could have some days where you're begging for a cracked sash to drop, and others when it's practically raining Zods.

5. ronniek

ronniek IncGamers Member

for the past 3 days Ive been doing NM andy runs on my own with just 128mf and in 1 run I found frostburn and the mahin oak curio :D since i found nothing though. Its just a matter of luck. Really and patience

6. bassen

bassen IncGamers Member

I play a MF-Blizz-Sorc.

I go around with 400+ MF in the AT's and WSK, Baal, Pindle and sometimes Meph (meph more seldom now since I look for high TC's) I have tested both high and low MF and I would say that 300+ have made me find most of my "good" items. Also I recently started to play at p1-p3 and within a few weeks I've found a lot of goddies.

I guess you can get 3x5%SC's so you have 300 then run AT´s and WSK ^^

7. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

Every point of mf still counts, as long as it doesn't jeopardise your killing speed. The faster you kill means that you can have more kills/hour and THAT does help finding good stuff. More drops means a higher change on good loot.

8. Nightswipe

Nightswipe IncGamers Member

pindle dropped griswold's redemption for me 2 days ago, had over 600 mf.

9. leeye84

leeye84 IncGamers Member

MF is all luck. More runs = more chances of getting decent items.

10. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

correct.

This is why keeping your killspeed high is important too. More dead monsters = more drops.

11. McClay

McClay Banned

thanks for all your posts and clearing up some things. and im happy to say after a couple more hours of mfing i found griffs,rends,and a couple shakos :D