Mf blizz sorc

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
Mf blizz sorc

ok, so im gonna be making an mfer of some kind, i guess its gonna be a sorc.

For running non cold immune areas, and hell mephisto.

Iirc the most possible mf one can achive on a ladder sorc is 445?

100 from gull
20 from shield
80 from rings
40 from glove
25 from boots
72 from helm
78 from tanc armour + ammy
30 from gwrap
============445

The reason im gonna make this is cuz a fully decked out mf sorc gave me ALL this gear for my basic +1 pally priz ammy o_O

except, she gave me 30 mf nagels instead of 40 mf rings :(

anyway... with 435 mf, what kind of results can i expect from p8 hell mephisto runs?

And lastly, should i dump this project and go for an mf "hork" barb with 525 mf to plunder hell cs runs?

Murrogh

Diabloii.Net Member
fredsta54 said:
ok, so im gonna be making an mfer of some kind, i guess its gonna be a sorc.

For running non cold immune areas, and hell mephisto.

Iirc the most possible mf one can achive on a ladder sorc is 445?

100 from gull
20 from shield
80 from rings
40 from glove
25 from boots
72 from helm
78 from tanc armour + ammy
30 from gwrap
============445

The reason im gonna make this is cuz a fully decked out mf sorc gave me ALL this gear for my basic +1 pally priz ammy o_O

except, she gave me 30 mf nagels instead of 40 mf rings :(

anyway... with 435 mf, what kind of results can i expect from p8 hell mephisto runs?

And lastly, should i dump this project and go for an mf "hork" barb with 525 mf to plunder hell cs runs?
I don't think max mf is that important, I prefer a little stronger sorc with less mf.
my mf sorc only has a little over 100 and it doesn't seem to be a problem.
I would like to have around 150-200mf but I dont want to lose strength.
the way I look at it you will have 28%chance to block, a maximum of -10 resist to 3 and -50 to 1. seems kind of weak. I would not use milebreggas for sure.

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
Murrogh said:
I don't think max mf is that important, I prefer a little stronger sorc with less mf.
my mf sorc only has a little over 100 and it doesn't seem to be a problem.
I would like to have around 150-200mf but I dont want to lose strength.
the way I look at it you will have 28%chance to block, a maximum of -10 resist to 3 and -50 to 1. seems kind of weak. I would not use milebreggas for sure.
well the thing is, with a skill like blizzard, fcr and + skills are not very important. Like i said, this character would mainly mf p8 hell ancient tunnels and meph. If i use the moat trick on meph i dont need resists or blocking, this is not gonna be like a mfer for cs, andy, travincal etc., but for places where there are no cold immunes, and the opponents are dominated with or without + skills.

So basically what im trying to say, survival and killing are not an issue, so i may as well load up as much mf as i possibly can.

Im not asking your opinion on gear or what to use, im asking what kind of drops will i get if i run p8 hell meph with 435 mf lots of times?

Fred

aznrice1869

Diabloii.Net Member
fredsta54 said:
well the thing is, with a skill like blizzard, fcr and + skills are not very important. Like i said, this character would mainly mf p8 hell ancient tunnels and meph. If i use the moat trick on meph i dont need resists or blocking, this is not gonna be like a mfer for cs, andy, travincal etc., but for places where there are no cold immunes, and the opponents are dominated with or without + skills.

So basically what im trying to say, survival and killing are not an issue, so i may as well load up as much mf as i possibly can.

Im not asking your opinion on gear or what to use, im asking what kind of drops will i get if i run p8 hell meph with 435 mf lots of times?

Fred

well you'll mainly set nd uniques. less mf-more rares

ethos

Diabloii.Net Member
rofl. I have to laugh everytime i see one of those characters. I can only imagine how often they get killed by stygians and the council. And your going to run tunnels aswell? 3 hits from a mage will kill you prolly :lol:
In the meantime, a well prepared and thought over mfer will be doing runs twice as fast as you, and they will use a better amount of MF, so they wont be getting tancreds hobnail every second run. You heard about diminishing returns from MF? Basically, ditch the shield and the armour. Use twitch and a 3D shield and tancreds boots. 50 less MF, but 60 more all resist and 3x more block. Then use a P tarn for extra killing speed, and use magefists for fcr. :thumbsup: And heres me thinkin he knew how to build characters...

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
ethos said:
And heres me thinkin he knew how to build characters...

ethos, this is the second time today I have had to read you making a pot shot at someone else. This isn't a battleground here. This is a forum for sharing of ideas and information. Let's calm down and keep the unkind words to yourself.

eggo

Diabloii.Net Member
I do have to agree with ethos..all your MF is okay..but, how are you able to kill meph in P8 games with the moat trick w/ Blizz, if it won't do much dmg, it'll probably take the whole game just to kill him and you forgot about monster/boss regeneration..

I use my "rushing" sorc who has only 20 MF to MF b/c she kills quick and has a lot of Res from Full Irathas and max block..I do find good rares and uniques occasionally, but most of the time it's the same low sets..imagine MFing with 400 mf..man you'd be getting the same low sets almost every game ? LOL..but try out your char first, if it's good, then keep it, if not..modify the items on the character.

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
ethos said:
rofl. I have to laugh everytime i see one of those characters. I can only imagine how often they get killed by stygians and the council. And your going to run tunnels aswell? 3 hits from a mage will kill you prolly :lol:
In the meantime, a well prepared and thought over mfer will be doing runs twice as fast as you, and they will use a better amount of MF, so they wont be getting tancreds hobnail every second run. You heard about diminishing returns from MF? Basically, ditch the shield and the armour. Use twitch and a 3D shield and tancreds boots. 50 less MF, but 60 more all resist and 3x more block. Then use a P tarn for extra killing speed, and use magefists for fcr. :thumbsup: And heres me thinkin he knew how to build characters...

i do know how to build characters, and also thanks for the negative feedback EDITED BY DACAR .

I am suggesting loading up on lots of mf for mephisto runs, because i have never done it before, and am asking for feedback, and to non cold immunes blizzard rapes. The only reason i am suggesting maximum mf as opposed to killing speed, nice mf, and survivablity is because i am careful and my health rarely drops when using moat trick on mephisto with diffirent sorcs, and blizzard is already severely overpowered.

I know using a diffirent setup is superior in almost every area in the game. Dont get me wrong. Im just saying that if i survive and kill fast enough by using moat trick on meph, i may as well get as much mf as possible.

Also in ancient tunnels.... the enemies are weak.

Fred

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Let's watch the language. If you can't be friendly I will close threads and ban for a weekend. Let's give constructive criticism. Don't take offense just because someone else writes something "against" your opinion.

thorsa

Diabloii.Net Member
mf`

i have to say i have done a lot of mf'ing with 200% and 60% mf
it seems to me that i get better drops fro 60% mf

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
Dacar92 said:
Let's watch the language. If you can't be friendly I will close threads and ban for a weekend. Let's give constructive criticism. Don't take offense just because someone else writes something "against" your opinion.
Ethos is not giving critism he is just insulting my intelligence. Yes i do realise that there are gonna be better setups for everywhere else in the game but i stripped my old blizzard sorc (she had nothing on) and i managed to do mephisto on p8 o_O fairly easily.

im tired of explaining myself

i might not bb till monday, im going to the beach for the weekend and im gonna b busy most of today, so ttyl guys

Fred

Locke07

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't understand how you think having less MF is better. MF does have diminishing returns, but there is a point when MF is not better then killing safer or faster. Fred will be doing mephisto, if he has a decent connection at all and knows what he is doing (which I believe he does) he should be more then fine with loading up on mf. The only sugestion I would make, if for some reason the stygians get to you to bad, use a 30/20 bone or tower.

Now onto the MF idea. I think you guys need to have a long chat with thrugg (I believe he spells that with 2 g's). More MF increases the chance of dropping uniques as well as magicals and rares. ATMA states that with 400 mf even in an eight player game one would have the chance to find off of Mephisto 153% unique, 222% set, "240% rare" and 400 magical. Now notice that I put rare with quotes, showing that it is both higher then unique and set. This is even more important in classic. Since there are only 2 types of weapons and armor normal and exceptional and being that only 1 can become set or unique (that being normal types). All exceptionals, if being rolled as unique the game would then calculate that it cannot make that and make what is called a false roll, or false unique meaning that it is a rare item with tripled the base durability of that item type. So now mf is working in 2 ways any items that are of exceptional quality that will be rolled as set or unique will turn out to be a rare (spawning with all mods associated with its qlvl,) or any item that happens to drop as a rare. Yes I do agree you will get more sets and uniques to appear because you upping your mf, your chance to drop sets and uniques drop. Though with that you have an even higher chance to drop rares.

I was mfing with my sorc, she uses a gull for her mf aka 100%, on hell andy and meph. I have to say I havent gotten anything good from andy and Ive gotten sliks and a really nice rare helm( possibly worth a soj...i donno ) from meph.

I would have to say that 100% mf is enough

Locke07

Diabloii.Net Member
Immortality said:
I was mfing with my sorc, she uses a gull for her mf aka 100%, on hell andy and meph. I have to say I havent gotten anything good from andy and Ive gotten sliks and a really nice rare helm( possibly worth a soj...i donno ) from meph.

I would have to say that 100% mf is enough
Have you tried adding more MF?