MF Barb

aznrice1869

Diabloii.Net Member
MF Barb

This barb can be either expensive or really really expensive.
This MF barb mf's in travincal and uses find item on the council members corpse to get more items. MF barbs also get alot of gold, I get like 70k each run in hell with 1 or 2 good items. The main resists you need for travs is light resist and fire resist. This guide is not an all out mf-er, an all out mf-er will kill much slower, I would rather do 10 runs in 20 minutes than 5 runs in 20 minutes. Both barbs have high mf anyway

Stats-
Str-Enough to use martel and if your goin to use ornate then enough to use that
Dex-None
Vit-Rest
Ene-None

Skills-
Find Item-20
BO-20
Mace Mastery-20
WW-20
Iron Skin and shout not needed because council members don't use melee attacks often

Equip-
Weap-3 sets of weapons
1st set-BO sticks, find 2 weaps with +2 barbarian skills to use your warcries
2nd set-Your martel, try to find a high damage one 250+ with high attack rating leech etc. but it can't have cold damage because then it freezes the memebers and youcan't find item their corpse. Socket-P Amnthyst
3rd set-2 gulls after everyone is dead time to use find item on the corpses

Armor-Ornate with faster hit recovery, lots of life, resists, and other mods. Socket- Ruby
Or if you want to find lots of gold and have lots of resist use goldskins

Helm-Tarn, the +1 skill helps with BO and it has up to 50 mf which is a plus.
or you can use a rare one with same mods as ornate or a 3 socket helm wit 3 p topazes

Ammy-you can use an angelic ammy if your going to use angelic rings nd need the AR, or you can use a +1 or +2 prism with mf

Rings-you can use an angelic ring if your going to use angelic ammy nd need the AR, or you can use leech rings with dmg and resists

Gloves-Look for ones with leech, +str or dex, and mf

Belt-Can not have cold damage, lots of str and life nd resists.

Boots-Faster run walk, resists and mf.

I made this guide quick, any questions comments or errors just say em

stanzaman

Diabloii.Net Member
aznrice1869 said:
This barb can be either expensive or really really expensive.
This MF barb mf's in travincal and uses find item on the council members corpse to get more items.
MF Barb doesn't have to be expensive. Just remember you have diminishing returns on more MF. If you can get up to 150%, then you're doing pretty good, and a very cheap 72% MF helm will get you half of the way there. Though ideally you probably want 250%+, and to get that and still be able to kill the Hell council you do will need expensive gear - but remember that the extra 100%+ isn't going to make a big difference overall.

Some essential MF gear:
3 Topaz helm = very cheap
Chance gaurds = expensive if you want 38-40%, otherwise cheap.
Goldwrap = pretty cheap
25% MF boots = cheap/free. Nice mods are going to cost you obviously.
Rings: over 30% magic rings = expensive, 30% nagel = expensive, <30% nagels are cheap, as well as 24-25% MF rings (free if you pick up magic rings and ID them)
Amulet: A nice rare with MF will cost you, otherwise cheap to get a generic amulet with 25% MF.
1-2 gulls for weapon switch = Expensive. But this is optional. But highly recommended.
Killing weapon: Bonesnap or Steeldriver will work = cheap.
You can also use set items (tancred's ammy + 1 other item, sigon boots + 2 other items, and others I'm forgetting) to get some MF. Set items are pretty cheap/free, and are easy to find. Sigon's can also give you a nice leech bonus.

The key is to balance having enough leech and resists to survive. With a Barb, it's not hard to get 150% MF and still be able to slaughter the hell council. A 72% MF helm, goldwrap, 25% boots, and one ring (say, 25%) will get you to 152%, and you'll have gloves, one ring, amulet, armor, and weapon slots still open to equip gear to help you survive.

Oh, and a final note, don't have any items with cold damage. That means the Eye of Etlich is out. And if you have a martel with cold damage on it, it's junk for this build. You don't want to be shattering your corpses.

aznrice1869

Diabloii.Net Member
stanzaman said:
MF Barb doesn't have to be expensive. Just remember you have diminishing returns on more MF. If you can get up to 150%, then you're doing pretty good, and a very cheap 72% MF helm will get you half of the way there. Though ideally you probably want 250%+, and to get that and still be able to kill the Hell council you do will need expensive gear - but remember that the extra 100%+ isn't going to make a big difference overall.

Some essential MF gear:
3 Topaz helm = very cheap
Chance gaurds = expensive if you want 38-40%, otherwise cheap.
Goldwrap = pretty cheap
25% MF boots = cheap/free. Nice mods are going to cost you obviously.
Rings: over 30% magic rings = expensive, 30% nagel = expensive, <30% nagels are cheap, as well as 24-25% MF rings (free if you pick up magic rings and ID them)
Amulet: A nice rare with MF will cost you, otherwise cheap to get a generic amulet with 25% MF.
1-2 gulls for weapon switch = Expensive. But this is optional. But highly recommended.
Killing weapon: Bonesnap or Steeldriver will work = cheap.
You can also use set items (tancred's ammy + 1 other item, sigon boots + 2 other items, and others I'm forgetting) to get some MF. Set items are pretty cheap/free, and are easy to find. Sigon's can also give you a nice leech bonus.

The key is to balance having enough leech and resists to survive. With a Barb, it's not hard to get 150% MF and still be able to slaughter the hell council. A 72% MF helm, goldwrap, 25% boots, and one ring (say, 25%) will get you to 152%, and you'll have gloves, one ring, amulet, armor, and weapon slots still open to equip gear to help you survive.

Oh, and a final note, don't have any items with cold damage. That means the Eye of Etlich is out. And if you have a martel with cold damage on it, it's junk for this build. You don't want to be shattering your corpses.

thru my experiences i get much better items from Find Item then from kililn them. so I mix damage with mf and when i'm poppin the corpse i go full mf.
When killin the members i use a
262 martel
p tarn helm
gskins
+1 leech resists 12 mf ammy
leech str dex resists 22 mf gloves
min max leech resist 15 and 8 mf rings
a 24 fhr 17 str 14 life 6 rep 28 fr 20 lr belt
30 frw 10 fhr 30 fr 30 lr 25 mf boots
which gives 132 mf while i'm killin them

when poppin i use
dual gull
72 mf helm
tanc ammy
tanc boots
same armor
40 chances
30 nagels
gold wrap

which gives-481 mf if i added them right
same boots

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
A cheaper, and more effective setup is

sigons gloves, belt, and boots

angelic ammy, 2X angelic rings, angelic armour

tarnhelm

rare martel or ancient axe. Or bonesnap. Steeldriver is out of the question.

If your gonna use a rare weapon make sure it has dual leach and 3X durability. Otherwise bonesnap will kill faster because of its crushing blow, and it has fire resist

you dont need 20 pnts to find item

Dont underestimnate bonesnap.

I have a pvm barb and i can confidently say that a perf bsnap kills at the same speed as a 300 damage martel (again, becaause of the massive crushing blow)

Also, you have the stat pnts wrong

For a pvm barb i like to have 100 base vita and put the rest of the pnts to strength. However i dont run trav with him that much, I run areas with better experience.

The trav mf barb stat layout is

get vita to 200 (because they hurt at trav sometimes) and put the rest to strength. None to anywhere else.

You wont die if you have decent fire and light resist and life steal and 2k+ life.

The strength is to just enhance damage even further, and increase the amount of life you leach.

This is all from experience, and the experience of all the top trav runner barbs on east. (about the stat layout, the cheap and effective gear setup is by no means the best, just better (imo) than the setup you said)

And aznrice, im sorry for disagreeing you on every barb guide you have posted
today. I just dont agree and i beleive that there are better ways of going about bvbing and trav running.

and yeah the only expensive part of an mf barb should be its weapon

Fred

-Tempus-

Diabloii.Net Member
if you want gold you can still get close to 1000%goldfind in classic. you can go with items that have both mf and gf or just goldfind items. since you cant get anything lose to what you can get in LOD for goldfind (3990%) even with the best goldfind classic setup it still pays about the same to sell items for cash when you run the high council. but with a good greed setup setup you'll pickup a little more gold.

btw aznrice1869:
that has been my normal mf or goldfind build for D2C or LOD sc/hc for many many yrs. i also max the FI skill but i use all masteries.

for D2C after i have my normal stuff max'd i'll put the rest of the points into zerk or shout.

for LOD i'll drop a point into taunt, battlecry, warcry but then i'll still put the rest into zerk.

one way i'll save points is not to put anything into stamina and run/walk and only 1 point into skin. i also try to keep NR to 5 points max.

-Tempus-