MF Avenger: Is this possible?

gzvernon

Diabloii.Net Member
Khrys said:
Uhm, yeah. Does that only work when it's upgraded from exceptional to elite, because I tried upgrading my perf ethereal chancies and found them to still be ethereal.
the etheral effect is there (appearance) but the 50% more defense is lost,for example i have a etheral Arreats Face in Singleplayer with 537 defense ,i upgraded it to elite & it lost the 50% bonus from being etheral it actually ended up with around 400 defense instead of going up.The only etheral items that seems be immune to this are weapons, i think it might be a bug with the recipie or it might be intentional to prevent chars being too powerful.

Xarxov

Diabloii.Net Member
lol u guys. no one is answering MY post. I really need to start my avenger up but i need to know what gear setup and which setup for skills should i choose. By the time it takes someone to answer MY post, the price values for zod and vex would have decreased so much that i would be able to get them for a cracked sash :lol: :D :drink: :drink:

Syphilis

Diabloii.Net Member
when trying to trade items on the open-bnet, it does sucks playing Singleplayer because everyone & thier mothers have hacked items which makes legit items not very appealing when you can do 500,000 damage with minimal hacked gear on. Finding legit chars on open-bnet is VERY hard.
and that's why you can have some friends playing the game with you (online or better with several computers at home to be able to speak while playing). when they are not there, you can just level alone without lag, without pk that ruins the game, without dupes, without ith, without disconnect, without desynch ... too much reasons

Tyrrel

Diabloii.Net Member
Xarxov said:
lol u guys. no one is answering MY post. I really need to start my avenger up but i need to know what gear setup and which setup for skills should i choose. By the time it takes someone to answer MY post, the price values for zod and vex would have decreased so much that i would be able to get them for a cracked sash :lol: :D :drink: :drink:

I AM, at least. To answer your skills question, the end damage would be probably about the same if you maxed synergies and kept Vengence at 1. The trouble I see with that one is that Vengence also increases your AR (mine is over 10,000 now).

I made the Wealth runeword last night in a 434 def Wire Fleece, so that will add 4% more mf. I swapped with my merc, because I need the def more than he does. In 6 Eldrich/Shenk runs (30 mins or so), I rounded up a unique scythe and a ton of decent rares. It's tricky trying to get him to get the final shot in, but I am getting better at it. These two don't do well in the higher treasure class, but they are a lot faster to run than anything else, for me. I may try Meph now that I have the teleport ability from Enigma.

As for advice, here's mine. Try getting Vengence up to a decent level (10 is good), then max conviction. I did it the opposite way, and I've heard it's better the other way around. Sorcs and trap assassins will love you with maxed Convict, too.

Xarxov

Diabloii.Net Member
But doesn't conviction lower the defense of the monsters if pvm or characters if pvp, which would mean that you can hit more times right? oh, and also i made a post like several posts up about the gear that i would use for my mf avenger. Would that be a good gear setup or is there any way i can improve it by any chance?

gzvernon

Diabloii.Net Member
Syphilis said:
and that's why you can have some friends playing the game with you (online or better with several computers at home to be able to speak while playing). when they are not there, you can just level alone without lag, without pk that ruins the game, without dupes, without ith, without disconnect, without desynch ... too much reasons
well i played singleplayer chars ever since D2 came out,up until recently when 1.10 came out because i wanted to try out a ladder char & i have a DSL
connection, I dont have any friends or relatives that play so i was forced to try the open b.net to trade but with all he hacked chars out there it became very hard to find legit chars to trade or play games with & when i go into a trade screen with someone i THOUGHT was legit & put my BEST uber gear on the trade screen it paled in comparison to their stuff (which was all hacked to the brim) & they just laugh at me.So thats why i started a ladder char in hopes of getting away from hacked char & their hacked junk.

All & all i have very pleased with playing ladder chars & probably will keep playing them unless i lose my DSL connection.

Xarxov

Diabloii.Net Member
god damn it. Stop talking about single player and help me with my stuff!!!....... pretty please :)

Xarxov

Diabloii.Net Member
omg i think i know a gear and skill setup that might be really ideal for my mf avenger. here it goes:

Gear:

eth botd zerk
enigma archon plate
chance
war travs
goldwrap
hoz umed
harly ptopazed
ravenfrost
high life leech ring with resists
maras

9x combat charms
anni
10x 7% mfscs

ok now with this, u can get about +19 to combat skills and about +10 to the other trees.

enigma gives +2 to all skills
hoz gives +2 to pally skills and +2 to combat skills
harly gives +2 to all skills
maras gives +2 to all skills

thats +10 to combat skills plus the other +10 from the charms to give +20 to combat skills.

ok now to the actual skills:

Skills:-

1 vengeance (will be lvl 20 with all the +skills)
1 holy sheild (will be lvl 20 with all the +skills)
20 cold resist aura
20 fire resist aura
20 lightning resist aura
20 conviction

so what do u guys think of this setup? i can get lvl 20 for all 6 skills with this setup :)

gzvernon

Diabloii.Net Member
Xarxov said:
omg i think i know a gear and skill setup that might be really ideal for my mf avenger. here it goes:

Gear:

eth botd zerk
enigma archon plate
chance
war travs
goldwrap
hoz umed
harly ptopazed
ravenfrost
high life leech ring with resists
maras

9x combat charms
anni
10x 7% mfscs

ok now with this, u can get about +19 to combat skills and about +10 to the other trees.

enigma gives +2 to all skills
hoz gives +2 to pally skills and +2 to combat skills
harly gives +2 to all skills
maras gives +2 to all skills

thats +10 to combat skills plus the other +10 from the charms to give +20 to combat skills.

ok now to the actual skills:

Skills:-

1 vengeance (will be lvl 20 with all the +skills)
1 holy sheild (will be lvl 20 with all the +skills)
20 cold resist aura
20 fire resist aura
20 lightning resist aura
20 conviction

so what do u guys think of this setup? i can get lvl 20 for all 6 skills with this setup :)

now the hard part, getting all that stuff

gzvernon

Diabloii.Net Member
Xarxov said:
ya i know but what u think of the gear setup? Do u think this is possible or not?
possibly ,just want to upgrade as much as possible to get as much defense as possible

Xarxov

Diabloii.Net Member
ok cool i will do that. Btw 1 question. How much TOTAL resists do u need in hell if u would want max resists?

gzvernon

Diabloii.Net Member
Xarxov said:
ok cool i will do that. Btw 1 question. How much TOTAL resists do u need in hell if u would want max resists?
assuming u get all 3 anya quests (10% for each difficulty) giving 30 resists bring your resists down to -70 (100-30) in hell & want to get 95% resist all, you would need 165% resists easily done with the right equipment.

Xarxov

Diabloii.Net Member
i meant how much resists would i need to get like 75/75/75/75 resists in hell from gear, not including any max resists boost from the resist auras?

Rascargil

Diabloii.Net Member
you know, while dreaming for an eth Botd, why not settle for a Cranebeak? decent weap with 50% mf max even