Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF Avenger: Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Xarxov, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

MF Avenger: Is this possible?

Hi. I haven't posted here for a long time but i am a really a big fan of the paladins. Before the patch came out, i used to have a mf fanatic avenger but now its not possible anymore since u can't flash auras and whatnot. Anyway, i am trying to make a mf avenger but i have no idea what skills should i max and stuff as well as for gear. I have read cyrus' guide on avenger but i am confused whether to chose the one with max vengeance or without. I am trying to get a mf fanatic avenger with max mf or close to it, max damage to kill everything and have max resists. I am trying to get an eth 6 soc zerk to make botd and trying to get the zod and vex to make it. I know this weapon would be the best for this build since it has the best damage. The only problem i have is what should my gear be like? I have an eth skullders ptopazed and an almost perfect stealskull ptopazed, war travs, chance, goldwrap and the such but i dunno if they would be the "best" mf items or not. I want to be able to have the highest damage with the highest mf with all the best mf items if possible. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Xarxov

P.S. I have looked in the whole forum from the search thing and couldn't find anything and i have looked at cyrus guide but it didn't explain that much in depth on mf.

2. gzvernon

gzvernon IncGamers Member

upgrade everything to elite status through cube recipies except for eth skulders because etheral effects will be lost, will the self repair mod repair the skulders even if its broken? use the armor upgrade recipe for the belt,helm,anything with thats used for defense & weapon recipies for weapon upgrades you may have.

Just remember not to upgrade anything etheral, weapons excepted, or they will lose any effect in ED that it may recieve from being etheral (kindof a shame really) imagine a etheral elite Shaftstop,ooooooooo just makes me shudder.

3. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

I was talking about non ladder so i can't upgrade to elite status, lol :) I dunt think the eth skullders will ever get broken since it has 150 durability and it repairs every 5 secs i think so... ya :). hmmm i was wondering, would it be possible for me to get runes easily to make an eth botd zerk by any chance and get the mf equipment if i do make my character ladder?

4. gzvernon

you can upgrade all the normal items to expcetional, they are available to non ladder chars.

5. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

ya. but i was wondering if i do make it in ladder, would i be able to get high lvl runes such as zod and vex easily or would it be hard? Would prices of items be lower than non-ladder? I also need a name for my avenger lol. Can someone think of a name for my avenger? I am out of ideas :p

6. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Ever since the recent dupes, ladder runes aren't worth nearly as much as they were before. However there still worth 4-5 times the amount in nonladder. Getting the zod and vex would be hard but the ethereal zerker would be much harder. there going for a couple of high runes these days. However I am on US West, so it might be different in your realm.

7. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

but i thought u could find runes on ladder very much frequently than in non-ladder, right?

8. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Nope, as far as I know they drop the same.

9. gzvernon

but playing a ladder chhar is much harder than a normal realm char,the enemies are tougher so thats the appeal of ladder chars because of ladder items. People are willing to go through the extra hardship to get those ladder elite items which can only be accessed by ladder chars & Singleplayer chars, & there is no fun anymore playing singleplayer since the only way to play multiplayer with SP chars is through open-bnet,that just sucks with all the hackers.

10. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

ahh...ok then. so now the non-ladder and ladder thing is solved, what mf gear should i get for my mf avenger? Also i need a name for my mf avenger too so if anyone can please help me, i will be really happy :)

11. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

can anyone plz help me with this?

12. evild2player

evild2player IncGamers Member

ladder and nonladder are exactly the same..just that they have diff items economy.. and people say its harder cause u had to start with nothing

13. Tyrrel

Tyrrel IncGamers Member

I suggest using Silence instead of Botd, if you want to get max MF. The damage is still extremely high, and it grants an additional 30% MF. Wealth or Enigma armor would be ideal, although the runes for Enigma are very rare.

My Avenger has fairly high MF, around 400 (including my merc, who kills faster than i do). There are a few things I could do to up it even more, but I'm not sure I could balance survival with magic finding just yet.

14. gzvernon

also runes can only be upgraded using the cube above thul on ladder, so non-ladder can only upgrade to thul & thats it, but if a ladder char has a abundance of lower runes they could get a much higher rune with enough runes & gems at his disposal. you would have to transmute ALOT of runes but atleast you CAN transmute if you want to.

15. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

hmm... interesting. I think i will make non-ladder cause i don't wanna keep on playing to get items that i need which will take me too long to get, lol. i have a life ;). Anyway, after some thorough thinking and research, i think my mf avenger will have this gear:

Gear:

harly with ptopaz 74%
    enigma archon plate 99%
    war travs 50%
    upgraded exceptional chance guards 40%
    upgraded exceptional goldwrap 30%
    maras
    eth botd zerk (if i can get one lol)
    herald of zak with um

and stats:

Stats:

Str: enough to wear gear
    Dex: enough to get max block
    Vit: the rest
    Ene: none

and finally the skills:

Skills
    lol i have no idea what skills i should max and what not for a mf avenger. I know it will one of the 2 skill distribution that cyrus had on his guide. I am leaning towards more damage rather than more defense but u guys tell me what u think should i get for skills-wise.

Btw, i think i would prefer eth botd zerk over a silence zerk because i don't think i should sacrifice the dual leech on the botd for 30% more mf heh. And also botd has higher damage and +30 to all attributes and all the other stuff on it.

P.S. Tyrel, tell me how u got 400 mf on ur avenger? I couldn't even get 300 with my mf zealot lol. Tell me what items u wear and also what skills u maxed.

16. Tyrrel

Tyrrel IncGamers Member

Well, I did say that my 400 included my merc. When I do runs I just whack everything once or twice and let him mop up.

Here's my gear:

Induril, cl 83 US East (non-ladder)

Amulet: Rare +2 to offensive skills: 6% MF
    Helmet: Delerium 25% MF
    Ring: Plain magic 22% MF
    Ring: Plain magic 25% MF
    Body: 4 pTopazed Great Hauberk 98% MF
    Belt: Hsarus (+207 def)
    Boots: Hsarus (+830 AR)
    Gloves: Chance Guards 34% MF
    Shield: Blackoak Luna (could replace with Rhyme)
    Weapon: Bstar
    ------------------------------------------------
    214 MF (239 w/ Rhyme)

My Merc:

Stealskull PTopaz: 71 MF
    Enigma Balrog Skin: 83 MF
    Silence War Pike: 30 MF
    -------------------------------------------------
    184 MF

Total: 398 MF

Skills:

Vengence: Max
    Holy Shield: Max
    Conviction: Max
    Resistances: 6 in each

I COULD replace th Delerium helmet with a 3 pTopaz spired helm, but I need SOME form of crowd control, which Mind Blast is amazing at providing. Plus, my def is already kind of shoddy when I put the Hauberk on instead of my Stone Archon plate. Same goes for the belt and boots, which are THE most underrated combination I have ever seen.

17. Syphilis

Syphilis IncGamers Member

SIMPLY WRONG

18. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

lol i think he is right about single player not being fun though in some ways. in single player u can only play with urself and no one else unless u have some friends who will be willing to play with u on tcp/ip or whatnot. But its really hard to find good enuf friends to play single player with nowadays csue every man is for himself lol. U would need ppl to interact with in diablo2 or its no fun lol. Thats my opinion.
    Ok now back to the topic. 1 of the setups that cyrus had on his guide was that with max vengeance and 10 in all resists, which i was wondering, would this be a better plan than the other setup? The other setup being to have 1 in vengeance and max points into all the resists skills I mean, if i have a eth botd zerk (when i get one), in which setup would i be able to get maximum damage and still not get killed in hell? I want to have max resists, as well as have good enuf mf AND deal good damage :). Please help me out with this. Thank you.

Xarxov

19. Khrys

Khrys IncGamers Member

Uhm, yeah. Does that only work when it's upgraded from exceptional to elite, because I tried upgrading my perf ethereal chancies and found them to still be ethereal.

20. gzvernon

when trying to trade items on the open-bnet, it does sucks playing Singleplayer because everyone & thier mothers have hacked items which makes legit items not very appealing when you can do 500,000 damage with minimal hacked gear on. Finding legit chars on open-bnet is VERY hard.