Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF Area Discussion: Loot Stat List?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by greenjello, Sep 28, 2006.

1. greenjello

greenjello IncGamers Member

MF Area Discussion: Loot Stat List?

I know many posts advocate MF'ing in different areas, but I have a hard time seeing why it would be better to MF anything other than an act boss. The only thing I can come up with boredom. It seems like I get many more uniques per hour running act bosses than doing the lvl 85 areas. My MF sorc has about 450 MF and I rarely get uniques from lvl 85 areas. Meanwhile in a fraction of the time I can kill an act boss and almost always have something roll unique. At that point is mostly about luck concerning the game's choice of base item.

Is there a list where someone did an extensive test of this? Running Act bosses vs clearing lvl 85 areas.

2. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Bosses are poor for dropping runes, gems, jewels, charms, gold and socketables. All of which can be worth a lot.

3. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

Also meph can't drop high TC items. Even Diablo can't drop tc87s. For those you must run Baal, which isn't very quick, lvl 85 areas, or high level SUs, like pindle.

4. jag

jag IncGamers Member

some bosses also have restrictions of item level for their drops - in areas that have the highest levels in hell, regular monsters can drop almost everything in the game but at a very low probability. So killing lots and lots of monsters in these high level areas is the way to improve chance of good drops....

5. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

Boss runs are the most useless things out there. The money is on jewels, charms, socketables, gems and runes, and bosses are bad for that.

6. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

pits and ancient tunnels are easy to find and have the chance for great drops:jig:

7. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

I found 3 Verdungos from Meph last week, and 2 Jalal's from Andy. Not to mention Stone of Jordans available from Andy....
    However, I must admit that boss runs aren't the quickest things to do...