Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mf and PVP sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by red123, Jan 28, 2004.

1. red123

red123 IncGamers Member

mf and PVP sorc?

hi, it have been 2 year that i havent played d2 and since the new version is so different i guess i have to start everything over :(.

i would appreciated if u guys would give me some opinion on a mf sorc like what skill i should put in and what equipment.
    i also need some advice for a pvp sorc as well.
    thank you for helping me :)

2. Quickske

Quickske IncGamers Member

basicly, get blizzard

it's a really good skill with some synergy's and it's easy to take out mephi with it

do try to have a merc, since you'll need one to kill the cold immune's

and if you are gonna mf, this is the fastest mephi killer i have EVER seen

3. red123

red123 IncGamers Member

can u plz be a little more specific

4. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

the fastest meph runner is a blizzard sorc. if you look at blizzard, it has 4 synergies. max blizzard, cm, 3 of the synergies and work on the last.

the only new good equipment is the Heart of the Oak rune word. the rest of the gear you will want is the same as it was in every other version of LOD. take a look at the HoTO and see if you prefer to use it.

(if you were pre-lod, say so. i don't remember how long 09 was out.)

5. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

red123 I had the same idea in mind recently. A PvP/Mf sorc...I wanted to origianlly go fire but I started building a blizz sorc. It's a pretty fun char to play and build so far for me.(lvl 20) I high level tested and I didn't see meph droppin' to quick...I had only 1 to plus skills though. A good merc would help there too of course.

Since I'd like to PvP with this sorc as well I'm maxing ise blast before glacial spike for higher single target damage.

6. d3mon

d3mon IncGamers Member

PvP and MF is not good to combine in one char...

Blizzard is owning PvM -but not easy to use against an axperienced PvP player...

Though I do 4.2k dmg with blizz wearing MF eq with about 700% total MF.
    Killing pindle in one blizz mostly of the times, but as mentioned earlier a Goodly merc is a must to make this build work 'allround'.

For the merc a decent cheap Eq would be : Shaft - Tals Mask (pAmethy) - bonehew.
    A2 defiance merc is the way to go as sorcs tend to need more defense.

I just tele with my sorc all the way to meph, standing and gazing him into his eyes, tanking him myself as I static and Blizz the sh*t out of him.... dies in about 10 seconds or so....

I've Max'ed Blizzz +2 synergies, and put another 10 points into the third.
    I've also chosen to get a secondary elemental attack (meteor) and maxed it as well as putting one point into FM aswell as CM.

7. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

No, it is not. I have a blizz sorc and her weakest point is without doubt monsters. No matter how well you use blizzard, a cl/fo will be the one owning PvM.

8. rickster

rickster IncGamers Member

Deaths fathom is the best sorc weapon for Blizzard sorc, 15-30% more cold damage. It is pretty damn rare but i managed to get 2 (16% ethereal and 24%) in about 3 weeks of playing with no help from friends, just patience with trading(and i did this the day before duping runes became popular). If you want to kill meph in 1-2 Blizzard casts you need this orb, a handful of 5/5 cold facets, and several cold skill gc's.

Also an ormus robe with 15% more cold damage and +3 blizzard is also nice. And don't forget arachnid mesh belt.

And this character owns any non cold immune monster. You must have the wrong equipment.

9. red123

red123 IncGamers Member

hey then ill make a mf sorc and Pvp sorc separate i guess, but what merc should i use.
    and what armor should i put use(im talking about shiver armor and stuff)