Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Metro train car blown apart in Moscow, 30 dead

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Winger, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Winger

Winger IncGamers Member

2. toader

toader Banned

Another sad story in the world.

Im getting the feeling that Im starting to get leather skin to all of this though. That is until something hits closer to my world...

3. Underseer

Underseer IncGamers Member

Y'know, before 9/11, I romanticized those sepratists to a degree. It's not hard to see the parallels with our break with a different empire in a different age. But now? @#$% them. Let the Russians do whatever they want to them. If they stop using terrorist tactics, then I'll consider placing pressure on the Russians to stop.

4. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

I wish we could break ourselves of that terror tactics mentality. The idea that smaller nations are terroristic if they don't line up a military force in a field and exchange volleys of shots with a much larger near-superpower nation is kinda ridiculous at best.

In a situation in which separatists are forced to fight for the freedom of self-rule, it is impossible to be simultaneously for human rights and against guerilla tactics. Their rights can be secured only through such tactics.

5. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy IncGamers Member

This attack in a subway has nothing to do with a guerilla;a guerilla would have been prepared in Chechnya ,against militaries,and not against innocent people who have nothing to do with politics/army;yet the chechens moved thousands miles away from their land ,to kill innocent people..that's not guerilla,that's only terrorism
    Terrorist actions against Russia will only encourage Poutine to squelch chechens more severely ;chechen terrorism is pointless and will cause terrible retaliations for the months to come

6. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

Guerilla - n - a person who engages in irregular warfare especially as a member of an independent unit carrying out harassment and sabotage.

Sorry, O.J., the glove fits.

Terrorism - n - the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.
    Systematic - adj - marked by thoroughness and regularity.

What you guys aren't getting is that there is no such thing as a terrorist act. A solitary act cannot be terrorism.

So a bomb on the most heavily travelled mass transportation in the entire world wreaking havoc on the economy of the capital city of an enemy nation is what we're looking at. Is that the systematic use of fear to coerce, or is that an act of irregular warfare from an independent unit that was carried out to harass and sabotage?

7. piff

piff IncGamers Member

With those defineitions, I think this attack falls under both guerilla and terroristic. Eitehr way, what does it matter? It was an attack on inocent citizens (as far as anyone knows) that killed 39 in the city of Moscow, and will likely strike fear into people who commonly use the subways.

I really aught to look up stuff about the Chechens.