Meterorb vs FireOrb

thebattlemaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Meterorb vs FireOrb

Are the two different? If they are different which is better at mfing with no gear. Can I get a rough skill tree of both or just one.

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Meterorb vs FireOrb

I would guess that a fireorb goes max firebolt and fireball, where as meteorb goes for meteorb and fireball

Check out the Sorceress strategy forum, I'm sure there are guides there, esp with the Ladder reset imminent

Welcome to the forums

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member

Every time I make an Meteorb I end up using Fire Ball a lot more than Meteor. I guess I just don't like having two spells with megas delay. Yeah, I could also hotkey and switch and stuff, but meh, I'm lazy.

I think the Orb part refers to the Frozen Orb skill and either the Meteor or Fire part refers to either skill, indicating we're talking about a dual element Sorc.

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
I would guess that a fireorb goes max firebolt and fireball, where as meteorb goes for meteorb and fireball
Eh? Meteorb goes for Meteor and Frozen Orb, hence the name. I have no idea what a FireOrb is. Sounds like variations of the same build since a Meteorb sorceress uses Fireball quite often anyway. Same as in the differences between Avengers. All called the same thing with slightly different skill allocation. Let's not start giving every variation it's own name, just going to confuse everyone that way.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

As fireball and meteor synergize each other, I see no difference between a "fireorb" sorc and a meteorb sorc, except you want to max firebolt for some reason instead. Just max fireball and meteor and you have a meteorbball sorc :smug:

I end up with using fireball on non-FIs most of the time as well, except when doing the moat trick or when the merc fixes tough enemies in place.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member

If you don't put any points into meteor, you can save 3 points for fire bolt/mastery. This gives slightly better damage, until you got enough +skills that upping the synergy skills gives a better return, despite the 3 wasted points.

mephiztophelez

Diabloii.Net Member

i've always thought the term "meteorb" was a little misleading as it's generally fireballs spammed between orbs.

meteors are great for some things, but for max damage output you need to mix the timered spells with an untimered one.