Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MeteorOrb Questions

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by flu0xetine, Apr 7, 2004.

1. flu0xetine

flu0xetine IncGamers Member

MeteorOrb Questions

Ok so I've got a level 65 MeteorOrb sorc going right now. My stats so far are 100 Strength, 80 Dex, 140 Vit, 75 Energy (least I'm pretty sure, I'm posting this from campus so I'm going on memory). I currently Using the Leaf Rune Staff to keep my mana charged, but was hoping at some point to switch to a one handed weapon and shield so I can survive a bit better in hell (just finished ancients in NM).

The problem is, without my staff, my mana shoots to zero really really really really quickly. So how the heck do I make up for having a single point in warmth? I'd love to use some of the set stuff, but until I can get to hell and start MF running and hoping I get lucky, I'm kinda out of luck. Any suggestions for easier temporary solutions other than the obvious massive amounts of socketed sapphires?

Also, I'm really confused by the whole block chance based on clvl and dex amount thing. Can anyone give me some straight numbers for what amount of dex I should be aiming for? Thats for any help.

-zac

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

you can do mf runs in nm. my sorc currently runs nm andy and nm meph. nm andy has the best chance in the game to drop a soj, and nm meph is hell meph minus a few possibilities on what he can drop. and oh ya, he is so so much easier.

ways to get more mana: small charms, sapphires, and getting curtain uniques/rares. i know wizard spike and lidless will more than make up for any deficiency in mana, but i doubt you have access to those. so try to get a rare orb with +2 skills and as much mana as u can get.

dex for max block is between 140 and 240 depending on the shield's % chance to block and character lvl. if you say what shield or what the chance to block on the shield is, someone could run the calculations for you. but if the shield has less than 60% chance to block, it isn't worth maxing block. you spend too many points in dex. and i think you wouldn't have enough stat points for any shield less than about 70%, but that is using rough estimates and lvl 80 as an ending point.

3. flu0xetine

flu0xetine IncGamers Member

Oh, so I'm kinda screwed as far as the Dex goes? Would it be viable to just dump my skill points into Dex and hope I get a good shield or am I going to need more strength come hell in order to use items? I could viably get my Dex up to 155. I'd love to give you a name of the shield I'm going to use, but this is my first character so I'm really at the mercy of the items rolls. =/

-zac

4. whiteknight0916

whiteknight0916 IncGamers Member

Check sasja's meteorb guide for all your shield blocking info needs. Also you can go straight vit. You have Dex over 75 so you can use Wizardspike, so your Dex is not a waste. Max Blocking or High Vit are both viable.

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

use a +mana per kill. i have a 2 tir helm, silkweaves (+5), and lidless (+5). i rarely use all of them, often i can stop using the helm at level 35 (silkweaves, or whatever level you can use silkweaves.) i don't even need to use mana pots unless there's mana burns.

with silkweaves + lidless, i can ignore warmth.