Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Meteorb vs. CL/FO sorceress

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by kresida, Apr 8, 2004.

1. kresida

kresida IncGamers Member

Meteorb vs. CL/FO sorceress

I had made a CL/FO sorceress a few months ago and took her to clvl 82 in Hell, and then a sudden format to the harddisk and all went to dust..I'm thinking of making a sorceress again these days, and I was wondering if I should go for the Meteorb build this time..For those who have tried both builds, could you make comparison of survival in Hell? I remember having a relatively hard time against LI monsters or LI/CI bosses in Hell with my CL/FO sorceress..I like playing untwinked, so the assumption is that my sorceress will only wear what she finds along the way..Any other comparisons (MFing, game pace, etc.) are also welcome..Sorry if this has been asked and answered before:)

2. BeatMaster

BeatMaster IncGamers Member

*Bump*

Couldn´t believe that no-one has posted a reply in this thread, so I´ll give it a shot.

I haven´t tried to play both builds, (only Meteorb/Vegasord). But from reading guides on both builds, I would say, that the best build a for an untwinked character would be a Meteorb. I think that you have to be somehow rich in items for the CL to be effective in hell difficulty.
    You could probably get a better answer from someone else if they cared to post! :grrr:

By the way, welcome to the forums! :wave:

-BeatMaster

3. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

the problem with CL is it has too many synergies. My pure lit sorc is stuck on mephy right now just cause I can't seem to damage him effectinvely enough. My M/FO sorc tore through him like no ones business. There is a reason MOrbs are the new cookie cutter.

4. tweety

tweety IncGamers Member

Frozen orb always works, the big difference between meteor and CL is that CL is much more dependent on a large manapool and faster cast rate. Meteor is however much slower with the long cast delay. I would say that for untwinked the meteorb is much easier to play, but when you want a fast runner in the end CL might be more effective

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

dantose, the reason your ligthnign sorc got stuck on meph was that CL needs a argegroup of mosnters, but meteor can work on 1 monster (meph) or a group of mosnters (flayers). and the reason its the new cookie cutter is the cookie it makes are ebtter and you can have more chocolate chips on them (if chocolate chips were the source of MF that is...)

6. Zertez

Zertez IncGamers Member

Personally I like my Meteorb Sorc a little more than Cl/FO Sorc. In hell with the same lvl and similar gear both have little problems but Meteorb has ability to do almost everything a little easier. CL is very mana intensive and requires more points into synergies to be really good. I think Meteorb had less problems lvling and was less gear dependent. It comes more down to personal playstyles I think, I dont think you will be let down with either way you go though.