Meteorb Sorceress

DwayneGAnd

Diabloii.Net Member
This is my very first dual-element sorceress. I heard that this is the most popular and easiest to make of the dual-elemental sorceresses, as well as the most popular sorceress build. Therefore I decided to give it a try.

I must say that Frozen Orb is one hell of a devastating spell, and fun to use too! If aimed right, if it explodes on top of an enemy, that enemy will take a massive amount of damage.

First I pumped Fireball, then Meteor, and finally Frozen Orb as they became available. Frozen Orb will be the first skill to be maxed. Then Meteor and Fireball next before maxing Fire Mastery. Cold Mastery will be left at level 1, and the important sorceress skills of Static Field, Warmth, and Teleport will be left at level 1 as well. The rest of the points will be put into Fire Bolt to increase the damage of Fireball and Meteor.

Here is the endgame planned equipment and hireling setup:

Act 2 Nightmare Defensive
Andariel's Visage (life leech, skill levels, attack speed)
Treachery (chance to cast fade and increased attack speed)
Infinity Cryptic Axe (Conviction aura)

Helmet: Harlequin Crest (skill levels, magic find, mana and life)
Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope (increased skill levels and resistances)
Armor: Enigma Archon Plate (skill levels, life after each kill)
Weapon: Heart of the Oak Flail (increased skill levels, cast speed, resistances)
Swap Weapon: Call to Arms Flail (prebuffing)
Shields: Spirit Monarch (increased skill levels and casting speed)
Rings: 2 Stone of Jordan (increased mana pool and skill levels)
Belt: Arachnid Mesh (increased casting speed, skill levels, and mana pool)
Boots: Silkweave (increased mana pool, mana per kill)
Gloves: Magefist (increased casting speed and mana regeneration)

I've decided that Enigma would be better armor for my sorceresses (even the ones that I posted about on this forum) than Chains of Honor due to the bonuses better more important and useful. Without Enigma's Life after each Kill, the sorceress will have no means to keep her health up without depending on potions.

DwayneGAnd

Diabloii.Net Member
those are just what I have written down as my endgame setup in my notebook of Diablo II builds. I've only taken her through Normal difficulty so far.

DaveW

Diabloii.Net Member
Well your endgame gear is definitely superb except you have to trade a lot or farm a lot or get lucky a lot in order to get it. Infinity? Get Insight first. Tals mask for merc is definitely a viable option.

Skin of the vipermagi is a damn good armour and well within your grasp. (Jah Ith Ber for armour? Get real baby) As is wizspike (resists and FCR) and Visceratuant (+sorc skills and FBR) Some rare rings (FCR and +resists, +life etc ) will be more available for use (SoJs are quite rare unless you farm glitched NM Andy hard) Magefist good too as they add +Fire skills . On switch I'd hit a Rhyme and Gull for some MF then farm Andy or Meph for some primo loot.

As a caster you shouldn't get hit much. Use Tele to move and merc to take attention away from you. If you do get your sorc through the game (NM and beyond), think about changing to a BlizzBaller for more damage or pure Blizz Sorc for some real D2 carnage.