Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Meteorb Sorc Question.....

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by HeX-CuRsE, Feb 7, 2004.

1. HeX-CuRsE

HeX-CuRsE IncGamers Member

Meteorb Sorc Question.....

Well the guide is great and all but I have one question.....Since every build seems to be underminded by meteorb I decided I guess I'm going orb/meteor but one thing....instead of having 1 to warmth would maybe 5 or 10 points be good and still allow you to make good atks out of ur skills? 1 point bugs the heck out of me but then again Im not sure if u need the skill points or not any help would be appreciated.And I like putting Cmastery at 10 not 8 but that might just be me :p Is that ok?

2. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

When sasja suggested 1 skill pt on warmth he assumed you would be playing twinked getting warmth at 10-13 depending on equipment which is trully enough for this build. If you dont have the equip or you dont plan to play twinked 5-6 pts instead of 1 would probably be necessary.

3. HeX-CuRsE

ahh yes theres the good answer.....one more thing now :D Which boosts meteor more....fireball or fire mastery? and does it matter if u put 10 to CM instead of 8......I dont think It would matter to much but just a thought.

4. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

If I am not wrong I think that fire mastery boots more meteor than fireball. The point is that you also need fireball for the kill. Meaning you should first mastery meteor, then fire mastery and last fireball because in mid lvls your mana pool can't really support fireball (mana hungry). Concerning cold mastery you should aim to get it at 17 (-100 cold res) which should prove enough for most monsters in the game.

5. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Aehm, the guide tells you to max BOTH Fireball and Mastery. Otherwise this is useless. Synergies and Masteries get calculated seperatly so maxing both is very useful. This is actually what the build is about. YOu get 3 spells you can use. 2 timered (Meteor, Frozen Orb) and 1 non-timered (Fireball)

All three spells kill nicely. I have a lvl88 Meteorb so i guess i can tell ;)

6. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

Same here, lvl90 meteorb not yet fully twinked (missing 2x sojs, and enigma/CoH plus skillers)(dont even have anih, just a cold skiller). Fireball dmg is about 5.5k and meteor about 13k and killing nicely-almost able to solo-baal.

7. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

I think the Meteorb's skill points are too valuable to waste any extra in Warmth. At high levels, you really don't need it. If you're too sick of drinking pots every other second, put some stat points in energy - having a larger mana bulb also means you regenerate faster - and remember to stock up on +mana equipment: charms, socketed items with sapphires etc.

A few extra points in CM won't ruin the build, though.

8. HeX-CuRsE

Well I alrdy am making the sorc now....lvl23 and doing ok I suppose since I have no real skill yet but I alrdy have 5 to warmth..... o_O is that to much should I just restart now or will it really matter? I dont think the few points to warmth will really destroy the build but I just wont be ownin as much as the others o_O or is it a MUST to have met/FM/FB maxed?

9. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Of course you can successfully complete the game without FM completely maxed - though as you say your fire attacks will suffer a bit. For instance, your Meteor damage with maxed Fire Ball and 15 points in FM will do 6859 damage (with +5 to all skills). With maxed FM it would be 7772, or an increase of 13%. Your Fire Balls will take a similar hit. That's a difference that can be felt, but you'll still have the 87% which should still more than cut it in solo and small groups and only be slightly behind a maxed build in big games.