Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

meteorb sorc level to take hell andy/meph?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by vietiscool, May 13, 2005.

1. vietiscool

vietiscool IncGamers Member

meteorb sorc level to take hell andy/meph?

i'm wearing

wizzy
    war travs
    [um'd] tal's armor
    tal's belt
    tal's ammy
    spirit monarch
    [p-topaz'd] shako
    chance guards/magefists
    raven
    nagel/dwarf/soj

i'm level 75 right now.

949 hp dunno how much mana but i have meditation merc

75 all resist except 68 resist to poison.

max FO, 1 cold mastery, max meteor, max fireball, 7 fireball/fire mastery

can i handle hell meph or hell andy? what level should i be to do them safely? thanks.

cause i went into act 1 to quest and the mosnters are so friggin strong. quill rats scare the hell out of me.

2. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

i'd suggest getting stormshield to replace your spirit if your in problems with quill rats or other physical damage dealing monsters.. meph shouldnt be a problem since you usually dont let him hit and looks like your resists are pretty good. maybe get 5 more levels just to be safe :p

3. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

im really, really a big fan of 110 fcr sorks, so i suggest some gear changes:

gloves - magefist
    rings - 2x fcr/mana

u should be fine for andy, because she has terrible fire res and you can kill everything thats blocking her (none of the monsters in that level are ci, so a weak orb like yours can take them down).

as for teleing durance, it is extremely dangerous without high dr. i second sonikki's advice on the stormshield. or if you can't afford it (i think you're rich though, because of the other stuff) then you can always go ghetto and use shaftstop (shaft+mosers was what my ghetto sork did last ladder, worked real well)

4. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Never mind what I was going to say... I just realized that someone using spirit likely doesn't have max block so my post about not need DR to run meph is significantly less true -.-
    Was going to say that I've never had a trouble running meph with no DR, then I realized I've only played 1 sorc with no ES and it's the only 1.10 sorc I've played with significant DR, and I haven't played a no block sorc since early 1.09 =/

5. det

det IncGamers Member

I could handle Hell Andy at 73 easily..and Meph with trouble.
    Actually my merc was the one causing the trouble ;)

6. stevethatsmyname

stevethatsmyname IncGamers Member

block is your buddy.

Maybe consider rebuilding with dexterity build, if you are having all those problems with quill rats, just imagine your problems you will be having with stygian dolls in the durance!

And careful of andy, her damage is mostly melee so blocking will help a lot against her as well.

7. det

det IncGamers Member

But she also has -50% Fire res..so the Fireballs will kill her fast. I didn't even need Static

8. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

As others have already said, your 'Spirit' shield is the brunt of your problem. 'Spirit' is for Hammerdins, Pindle botters, weapon switches and prebuffing, and people who don't understand the benefits of high blocking in hardcore.

As is, I would be comfortable running Andy with that Sorc, but I wouldn't touch Meph without a ton of FCR and FHR.

9. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

Don't forget sissy core newbs! :p

I agree with the SS choice. If you don't feel like rebuilding for max block then you should atleast hit the 110fcr bp for running meph.

Andy=Cake

10. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

dont bash vita sorcs :b they have their advantages :)

11. xeyloderixed

and that is...?

12. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

They make neat looking ghosts

13. vietiscool

vietiscool IncGamers Member

aww man i usually go with dex for all my chars but then i read some guide and it said not to go dex!

and also my level 60-ish druid died to friggin council member when he had 75% block and i blamed his low life

14. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

He does hit the 105 bp at least...
    50% wizzy
    30% tals
    25%+ spirit
    =105%+

But still, I'd take 63% and block over 105% and not any day.

15. xeyloderixed

council members are bugged yo (i shouldnt say bugged coz i hate that word when referring to them; let's just say they do infinitely large damage)

consider this: 900 hp/800 mana sork, max fire res, lvl~8 eshield rushing nm. fe council blew up. ended with 100 life and close to no mana...

16. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

Ah, so he does. Well atleast he has that going for him. I don't think it's absolutely necessary to rebuild, you just have to keep a finger on a juv when teleing to meph.

17. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

1) your sorc's level is not high - so, she's weak if her merc is weak too (but she'd be okay if her merc is tough). your merc doesn't have LL from wpn, so unless he's a tough defiance merc from Norm diff with at least ~50% resists in Hell, he needs tons of your or your party's help to stay alive in hell at lvl 75 or lower.

2) Any lvl 75 sorc with 63% FCR (105% isn't necessary and it can actually cause more lags unless your connection to b-net server is both very fast and very stable) and full resist should be able to do a good job against Andariel in Hell. there may be a few scary moments when you tele in Cat lvl 2-3. But there should be no real danger, unless you get a worst lag and her merc is dead too.

3) For Meph, a few more levels can help a lot. At least, at lvl 80 or higher, you'll be more confident when you tele through durance lvl 2 to 3.

4) your gear looks pretty solid to me. Ideally, you'll get a SS on switch for use in tele, for you don't need the extra 25-35% FCR from your spirit to get 65%. you don't need both blocking and FCR w/ extra vita to make Meph runs safe enough. So, enough dex for using your Wiz is enough.

5) the spirit monarch is a pretty decent item for any sorc (not just for pally etc). 1 of my most recent sorcs, with a Spirit shield + occulus being her wpn equip, solo'ed through Hell and hit lvl80 at ancients - never got even close to death, though that was on SCL and she didn't do Ancients herself with that crappy gear.

BTW, that sorc had base vita, base energy, 145 unused (saved) stat points at lvl 80 - just before I killed Hell ancients for her with a different char. In terms of her stat/gear, she was equivalent to a 50ish sorc, much weaker than your lvl 75 sorc.

A few suggests for doing Meph runs:

- Safer if you remove your merc's wpn before tele in Durance 2, or use a low-dmg Insight wpn. If your merc kills a doll right next to you, you'll be in bad shape. And many dolls in a small game can be killed by a merc in just 1 or 2 strikes.

- if you see Meph have any type of aura on him, you'd be better off if you enter the portal or abort right away.

- Best if you can get a BO right before you tele (best if this is not from a wpn switch, but is done by a real Barb). With BO and your stat/gear, your Meph run can be very safe even at lvl 75.

- if you want to kill most (or all) of the Council members and goul lords in Durance lvl 3, try to take advantage of the wall and the delay of your meteor. For example, you could tele over the wall, drop 1 or more meteors, tele back, wait a few second and then repeat. Watch out, there may be other bad guys too.

- try to keep your merc alive and stay with you as much as you can.